2 Assisted Living Facilities in Fernley, NV
Also serving communities of Silver Springs, Fallon.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fernley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fernley 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fernley, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fernley
Fernley, Nevada, is known as The Crossroads due to the I-80 and highways 95 and 50 trisecting right in the city. Along with the beautiful natural landmarks and outdoor activities available, seniors also have access to two Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) within city limits. These facilities provide personal care and supervision to elderly residents in a home-like setting. Staff assist with daily living activities in addition to medication management and storage. Throughtout Nevada, ALFs are regulated by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health (DPBH).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fernley
- Fernley has a cost of living rate that is only 0.50 percent lower than the national average. Seniors living in this area may not notice any serious changes in their day to day expenses.
- Seniors and their loved ones may not feel secure in Fernley due to the crime rates. Violent crime is rated at 46.5 out of 100 (1 being the safest) which is quite a bit higher than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 44.8, which is also higher than the national average of 38.1.
- Seniors who have limited mobility may have difficulty being active all year round in Fernley’s climate. With warm summers that have a high average of 94 degrees seniors can explore the outdoors and participate in activities, but with 21 inches of snowfall per year, and an average low temperature of 22 degrees in the winter, they may find it difficult to get around.
- Seniors with limited mobility have access to the Lyon County Human Services which provides transportation from the Fernley Senior Center to doctor’s appointments and shopping locations.
- Seniors can visit the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe Museum and Visitor Center, to view the history exhibits and partake in outdoor activities like hiking and kayaking. Outdoorsy seniors can also visit Lake Lahontan for horseback riding, fishing and camping.
- Fernley has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Fallon.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fernley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Nevada
Assisted Living costs in Fernley start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fernley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fernley
Medicaid recipients in Nevada are entitled to take part in the Long Term Services and Support (LTSS) program to help covers the associated costs of assisted living. In addition, Nevada offers the Home and Community Based Waiver (HCBW) for Persons with Physical Disabilities which is available for qualified individuals. There are no non-Medicaid programs available for assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fernley
Fernley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fernley, please visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fernley
Fernley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Nevada are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Fernley, NV
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fernley
Review of Fernley Estates
My mother is in the assisted living level of Fernley Estates. It goes from assisted living to memory care. It's a very nice place, it's brand new and clean, and the way it's designed makes it easy ... Read more
Review of Fernley Estates
I visited Fernley Estates. Everything was very nice. The staff was friendly, accommodating, and looked happy. Read more
Review of Bee Hive Homes of Fernley
I looked at Bee Hive. They were very clean. It didn't smell. The staff was very gracious and showed me around. They showed me different types of room. They had a community bathroom. The dining room... Read more