19 Assisted Living Facilities near Lexington, KY
Also serving communities of Wilmore.
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lexington area, with 16 in Lexington and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lexington is $3,748 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Nicholasville with an average starting cost of $2,800.
To help you with your search, browse the 119 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lexington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lexington 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Frankfort with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 21 families in Lexington find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lexington, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lexington, KY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lexington
The city of Lexington is in the heart of Kentucky’s Bluegrass region and is hailed as the Horse Capital of the World. Its attractive countryside features and convenient urban amenities offer seniors a desirable place to live. There are 20 assisted living communities in the Lexington-Fayette area including seven in surrounding towns. These senior facilities are certified yearly by the Department for Aging and Independent Living (DAIL) under the state of Kentucky’s Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lexington
- Winters are mild in Lexington with an average low of 25 degrees in January, making horse farm visits and other outdoor activities more enjoyable for seniors.
- The cost of living in Lexington is 8.1 percent lower than the national average, with health expenses closest to the nation’s average cost. Seniors may enjoy some tax savings as social security income is not taxed in Kentucky, while pensions and retirement benefits are partially taxable.
- Traveling in and out of Lexington is convenient for seniors. There are many local flights from Blue Grass Airport, and Lextran offers half-price bus fares for adults 62+ as well as paratransit services. Seniors 60+ may avail themselves of ITNBluegrass membership for door-to-door private transportation available 24/7.
- Aside from famous horse farms, racecourses and historic bourbon distilleries, Lexington has a vibrant arts and culture scene. Seniors can visit the University of Kentucky Art Museum for special exhibits, watch concerts and sporting events at the Rupp Arena and join the musical celebration in the annual Festival of the Bluegrass.
- The Lexington area is home to world-class medical facilities including Baptist Health Lexington, Saint Joseph Hospital, Saint Joseph East, University of Kentucky hospitals and the Lexington VA Medical Center in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lexington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kentucky
Assisted Living costs in Lexington start around $3,748 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lexington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lexington
Assisted living communities in Lexington are recognized by the state of Kentucky as social models rather than health care agencies, thus no financing programs are offered for such facilities. However, seniors with disabilities may be eligible for Kentucky’s Hart-Supported Living Program or the Support for Community Living Waiver to fund for services provided by outside health care agencies while residing in assisted living communities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lexington
Lexington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lexington, please visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lexington
Lexington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kentucky are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lexington, KY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lexington
Review of Morning Pointe of Lexington East
This community is beautiful. The spacious 2 bedroom is perfect for my mother and father. We toured on the weekend and there was still activities going on with plenty to do. Also the food there look... Read more
Review of Meadowthorpe Assisted Living & Memory Care
My aunt moved into the Meadowthorpe Assisted Living & Memory Care. It's wonderful. It's very small and quaint, and they provide a lot of personal attention. It's very nice, it's very well kept,... Read more
Review of Richmond Place
My mom is at Richmond Place, and it's been a good experience. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room is large and comfortable. The food was excellent. They play bingo, do art and some mus... Read more