The Willows at Hamburg Lexington, KY

Reviews of The Willows at Hamburg

Assisted Living Reviews for The Willows at Hamburg

January 13, 2015

By Caring Daughter/

I could not be more pleased with the care my Mother received during her rehab periods.The staff is/was so kind to her. The activities were wonderful and kept her busy during this time and made her stay much more pleasant. The food was prepared for her and she received treats anytime she asked for them. I cannot be more pleased and would highly recommend.

January 12, 2015

By Dontheson

This new facility looks so good and it is clean and pleasant. However, the management is totally incompetent. Many weekends we found them understaffed. I found my mother once, age 102 sitting in her wheel chair shivering from lack of adequate clothing, her glasses off, her shoes missing, and her hearing aid missing. No nurse or aid could be found for over ten minutes. The turn-over on nurses and aids is very high. This is a new company and they do not know what they are doing. So don't be fooled by the building or decorations. The care is only as good as the nurse or aid with your loved one. In less than a year there (she now has been moved) we saw at least fifteen different nurses. Chaos is the word I would use to describe the Willows. I hope they get their act in order for the sake of the community.

July 05, 2014

By Vnlee

Beautiful facility, friendly and caring staff. Ready to help anyway they can. They have to work twice as hard because of a rocky start and bad reviews. So far I am thrilled. They have caught health issues that Dad's doctors have overlooked. Even the cause of his pnuemonia!

July 05, 2014

By lovemymumsie

My mother is living there currently on Medicare days. Her improvement in mobility and spirit have greatly improved. The staff is very caring and kind. They have wonderful activities throughout the day and the food there is very good. My mother is treated like the queen she deserves to be. I cannot yet speak about the difference between care for Medicaid patients at the Willows at Hamburg or the Legacy, but from the places I have visited and the stories I have heard, this place is the very best in town that isn't totally private pay.

November 22, 2013

By sabrina12

You don't want to go here, we pulled loved one out for her safety, ombudsman called several times to go in and Office of Att. General called in twice for investigation, director and couple others fired. Our loved one contacted Impetago, due due not keeping her clean , ( I wonder how many others have it now as is very contagious) she got a chipped tooth due to her sliding down on floor, they didn't keep hold of her, oh the stories we could tell, we took her out for her safety. Think twice before you go here

November 21, 2013

By Micky Mouse

This is the worst place ever. So many things happened. Non caring employees, on the Legacy side, I had to be there daily to make sure loved one taken care of, things stolen, clothing ruined, they lost many of her clothes, relative was not kept clean, in same clothes for 5 days, had to call ombudsman several times and state attorney generals office called in to investigate....twice! Other family members said "get her out of there" even one of her doctors said "she didn't belong there." Two days before we left, she complained of her back hurting. Her first night away from Legacy, that night, a caregiver we hired to help her in her new apt with baths called and had us come over. Her back full of blisters, some were starting to dry up, so they were there for several days. Took to doctor following Monday, she had Impentago, very contagious, "cause by not being kept clean." If they had been caring for her, looked at her back and noticed it if bathing her and notified us. I wonder how many there now have this condition and they are not telling families. They just don't care, Director was fired back in Sept, and so were others, no one can do their job. She had no cavities and had 3 when there, took to have them filled, dentist even sent faxes t them, twice to help her with dental health, they still didn't, they let her drop when by a bath, she had a front tooth chip off, they rarely helped her in dental health. I could go on and on, we took her out to keep her safe. I've heard others complain also. You'll be very sorry if you put any loved one there, very sorry. She is now living on her own, fixes her own breakfast, and doing great, just 3 weeks after leaving there. They put your loved one in front of TV in living area, not kept active much. It's been called 'Gods Waiting Room." My heart goes out to ones there and family cannot ck on them often as we could. I suggest you not go here. Oh the stores I could tell.....it horrible there at the Legacy. Even the nurses are known to snap at you, have an attitude, and another residents family member noticed it too when we were talking. Be careful, don't go there, you'll be moving your loved one out within months.

October 20, 2013

By Buttonsdog

Used to be good facility. Staff has been cut back to a third of what it used to be. They no longer have a director and turn over is terrible because of all the cut backs and unsteady nature of this place.

August 21, 2013

By Nancy66603550

I stayed at The Willows at Hamburg for rehabilitation. My room was furnished and there were activities like scrapbook making. It was a beautiful facility and the friendliness of the staff really stood out to me. The therapy was excellent and I enjoyed my time there.

April 29, 2013

By colonel3

I was here for 20 days for cardiac rehab. Super friendly staff from the dining,housekeeping and nursing. they are all fantasic.

Costs for The Willows at Hamburg

Photos of The Willows at Hamburg

Services and Amenities of The Willows at Hamburg

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Dining Extra: Chef Prepared Meals Served Restaurant Style, Nutritional Services Provided By A Registered Dietitian

• Occupational Therapy

• Get Costs

About The Willows at Hamburg

With its vibrant culture, strong sense of community, and famous hospitality, Lexington is the perfect place for a health campus dedicated to enriching the lives of its residents. At The Willows, we are proud to offer our residents regular opportunities to explore the history, culture, and flavors of the surrounding community. For those who stay on our campus, our Life Enrichment Team ensures that there are a variety of fun and exciting ways to stay active and engaged, every day.

We know that selecting the right healthcare option to meet your individual needs is important. That's why, at The Willows at Hamburg, you'll find a complete continuum of care and services so you can select the level of care that most closely matches your needs and preferences. Care and support services are carefully coordinated from level to level, setting to setting, as care needs increase or decrease.

Our elegant residential facility offers the best in assisted living services, and our freestanding Legacy Neighborhood incorporates progressive and proven dementia care components in private suites. In this neighborhood, our caregivers are specially trained to work with, and to care for those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. In our state-of-the-art health center, we offer skilled nursing care, delivered by a staff of committed professionals with attention paid to every detail. Whether for a few days, a few weeks, or for as long as you need us…It’s comforting to know that there is a source in Lexington you can turn to for help and guidance.

Personal Choices for Convenience, Privacy and Comfort:

• Private and semi-private suites with full bathrooms and walk-in showers
    • 24-hour emergency call response system
    • Assistance with the activities of daily living (dressing, grooming, etc.)
    • Housekeeping and laundry services
    • Medication administration/reminders
    • Reminders for meals and activities
    • A variety of social and recreational programs
    • Quality skilled nursing and therapy services available on campus
    • Easy access to dining, living and entertainment areas
    • Local restaurant cuisine featured monthly during Taste of the Town events
    • Restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals and a variety of alternate food selections
    • Mobility assistance as needed
    • Much more!

Memory Care

At Trilogy, we provide the best memory care services, in communities committed to each individual.

We believe that a life well lived is one rich in experiences, surrounded by people who have your best interests at heart. We believe that each person’s story is unique, and that every story matters. We believe in the importance of what we do, and who we care for. Our memory care services are based on our beliefs.

Whether you’re on our Legacy Lane in one of our health centers, or in one of our expanded memory care neighborhoods, The Legacy, located on our campus grounds, you’ll find welcoming suites, individualized programs and the most advanced features, all designed to provide comfort, dignity, and joy to every person who walks through our doors. You’ll also find a team of professional, experienced caregivers, all of whom dedicate themselves to one purpose –serving the men and women who call our campus home.

Thank you for your interest at The Willows at Hamburg. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of The Willows at Hamburg