Magnolia Springs Lexington

Reviews of Magnolia Springs Lexington

Assisted Living Reviews for Magnolia Springs Lexington

July 24, 2022

By Oh Happy Day

From the moment I met with the staff to place my mom at this facility they have made me feel good about my decision. . Madi, Tiffany and Becky are the best. They are welcoming and having them to call me by name when I go to visit my mom makes me feel good as if I were part of the family. I like her room and especially like being able to do laundry on site.

May 21, 2022

By Janice

Magnolia Springs Lexington probably had the most amount of activities and things that they offered. It outnumbered the rest of the places. Although a lot of those are things that my mother will not utilize, they are nice. They have the spa, the gym, and the workout room. The apartments were very spacious and very nice for the elderly, too.

Janice, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Magnolia Springs Lexington! We hope to see you again soon.

March 24, 2022

By James

I spoke with the director of Magnolia Springs Lexington. They called me directly, so that was kind of nice. We set up an appointment to see it. It was a beautiful facility, probably the newest of all the facilities we've seen. It's very clean, very bright, very open, and very large. The apartments were very pretty and very neat. The upstairs hallways were really wide, so there's plenty of room for people to move up and down the hallway in wheelchairs or walkers and such. It would be really easy for them to move about. We met with the executive director and two nurses, and they were extremely pleasant. I was very impressed with Magnolia Springs.

James, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Magnolia Springs Lexington! We welcome the opportunity to address any concern to ensure a five-star experience in the future.

September 13, 2021

By Mtyler318

Such a magnificent staff. They made sure my uncle was placed, comfortable and working with him from day one. Lois is a genius and helps my uncle tremendously. Madi, Tiffany and the whole crew work together to make this the place to be from the first second you walk in the door. I can’t say thanks enough.

Thank you for your feedback! We have an amazing team and appreciate the opportunity to serve your uncle and your family.

May 08, 2020

By joan finn

My mom lives here. The building is very nice & clean. Our experience has been great! My mom is comfortable here. The total staff has been very accommodating, it feels like they give their best at all times, going above & beyond the normal duties. That does speak to top level building managers/directors treating their staff & residence w/care & respect. Rooms are adequate in size, cleaned regularly. Prompt attention is given when repairs or extra needs are requested. Activities are planned for all levels of functioning & interest. Very friendly & welcoming atmosphere. We appreciate & thank you for all you do. I would not hesitate to recommend Magnolia Springs as a choice place to live. 😊💥

Thank you for your feedback and for recommending Magnolia Springs Lexington! We have the best team and love serving our residents and their families.

March 17, 2020

By Kenya

Magnolia Springs Lexington had very pleasant people to talk to. They were very knowledgeable and they know what they're doing, but it's a much bigger place compared to others, and it looked like a giant hotel. They had a giant cafeteria that looked like a restaurant with a buffet. I got the impression of going into a hotel more than a home. They also had memory care, it was secure, and they also had an apartment with a living room, dining room, kitchen, and bedroom. It's like a one-bedroom apartment. They have doctors come in, they provide a lot more services, they have a network of professionals (doctors, nurses, and caregivers), and are therefore more expensive. They have tests in place to evaluate the residents, and the family is very informed of the condition of the residents. The meals looked tasty. They had a lot of variety, and the facility was very clean, and kept up.

June 26, 2019

By Bonny

My mother is at Magnolia Springs Lexington. They are wonderful. They have a full shift staff, they prepare meals every day on the menu, and there are at least three nursing staff members there at all times. My mother is very clean, and she enjoys the place. They take the residents for a ride, and they have activities for them. It has been a very nice experience. The place is very clean. Also it is very convenient for me to travel to from my house.

October 31, 2018

By Bill

My sister is in Magnolia Springs Lexington. The staff and the food are both excellent. They have an available laundry facility for my sister and have happy hour, too. The food is very good and nutritious. They have a chef. The activities are great. For what my sister is getting, the value is wonderful. The building is nice and brand new, like a five-star hotel.

Bill - Thank you for your compliments. It is a pleasure serving your sister at Magnolia Springs. We are honored that you chose our community as her new home. It’s important to make the right choice. We believe in excellence in all that we do so I am glad you have had that experience.

April 08, 2018

By Alan

I was very impressed with Magnolia Springs Lexington. I thought it was a very likely place that I could go when the time comes. The staff was excellent. I had a good meal there.

Alan – we are grateful that you chose to visit Magnolia Springs. Thank you for your compliments. We strive to provide a culture of hospitality where our residents and their guests feel warm, welcomed, and appreciated. Thank you – Michael Berg, Executive Director

February 27, 2018

By GR

Magnolia Springs Lexington was very nice. The people had their own individual apartments that looked nice. They had a theater and media room so people could watch a movie with comfortable seats, an exercise room, and a formal dining room where each table seats 4-5 people. They also had a cafeteria where people could play billiards. They had senior living and also assisted living available if a person needed that next level of care. The people were very nice and good. The staff was friendly and looked involved with the people's care. It was a little too busy.

Thank you for your compliments, particularly towards our staff. We spend a tremendous amount of time interviewing, training and coaching our staff. Many communities conduct 1 interview and make a quick decision, but we interview each person a minimum of 4 times to ensure we are thorough. This results in us employing highly capable, professional individuals that offer high-quality care and services. While the community is designed to allow for an active lifestyle, individuals are given the choice to participate, but are welcome to opt-out should they desire a more quiet day.

January 05, 2018

By Betty

I loved Magnolia Springs Lexington. They're lovely. The people were wonderful. It's a nice, big, beautiful, and fantastic place. My husband was there for a week while I left to go on a trip and he enjoyed it. The staff was good to him. They were very good and knowledgeable, but they couldn't give him medication at night. They didn't have the round-the-clock nurse to give him medicine. They give the medicine to him during the daytime. It's a real pretty place. It's off of 421, near Lexington. The food was good. They take the residents places and on trips.

Betty - thank you for your kind words about our accommodations, service offerings and, in particular, our staff. We believe our professional, high-quality staff focus on what is most important: relationship development. Relationship development creates the ability to care at the individual level. It was our pleasure to serve him. As a clarification, we are able to assist with medications 24 hours per day. Our resident assistants can assist with the self-administration of medication. Self-administration support does not require, per Assisted Living reegilation, a nurse on site. Our Director of Resident Services (RN) is on call 24/7.

November 26, 2016

By Kathleen273770

We visited Magnolia Springs, and we liked it a great deal. My aunt and uncle will be moving in January 2017. It’s a very lovely community with a lot of facilities that provide help for both memory care and assisted living. The staff was assisting us. We walked through the rooms, we had lunch, and they met separately with my aunt and uncle and evaluated as to where the best would be for them to live. The staff is continuing to work with them to make them feel like this is the best move for them. They have been very helpful. They have a theatre, cocktails, and a private dining room besides the regular dining room so if she wanted to invite family to come for dinner, there’s a private dining room. There’s a chapel, a café, an exercise room, and medical care on site. You can arrange to have your hair cut as well. They have a track outside so you could walk around. I think they have a small tea area and a patio so you could barbecue with family if you wanted to.

Thank you for your response and compliments - particularly those compliments pertaining to the staff. We believe our kind, compassionate and professional staff makes us a unique option for your loved ones. It is people that truly make a difference and we believe we have wonderful people - I am grateful for the opportunity to work with them each day.

November 23, 2016

By Tracy112571

Magnolia Springs was nice, it seemed very elegant, and it was more expensive. The staff was nice, but the rooms were small.

October 13, 2016

By Nora B.

Magnolia Springs Lexington is a beautiful place. If I was ready for a place like this one, I would go in a moment because it is just gorgeous. However, my husband is beyond that stage. He has Alzheimer’s stage 3, and he needs a nursing home. It’s a lovely place. The people are just wonderful. You couldn’t ask for a lovelier place to live if you’re a senior looking for residential care like that. They spent about two hours with me; they were really nice people. The nice thing is they even have facilities where the family could stay there a night or two as a resident. It was more like a hotel.

Memory Care Reviews for Magnolia Springs Lexington

October 06, 2020

By Anne

I toured the memory care of Magnolia Springs. When you first walk in, there's the dining area. I liked that they had different areas for families to gather, it had exercise areas, and it was a nice facility. The staff, Tiffany was very good. The dining area was very pleasing, really engaging for people, it was kind of a community gathering area, it seemed approachable and welcoming.

October 01, 2020

By Jim

My father is at Magnolia Springs Lexington. They're very nice people. They do an excellent job. They reach out to you and they talk to you better than anybody else. Everybody I've talked to is quite friendly. I have no problems with them. I haven't seen his room, but I saw pictures of it and it looked quite spacious. They're doing artwork and whatever they can do, and they have an outdoor space they can walk on. They have two chefs that prepare all their meals.

July 04, 2020

By Nan

I can't even begin to express my appreciation for all the folks who work with my two friends. They genuinely care for each resident as individuals. They check on them regularly throughout the day and night. They give off their time to make sure the residents are as happy as they can be. I couldn't ask for them to be cared for any better! From the director , all the way to the person who empties the garbage, they are all wonderful!

Nan, thank you so much for this great review. We love our residents and enjoy providing each individual resident with an exceptional experience daily. Love hearing this feedback! Thanks!

December 06, 2019

By gguppys

My parents reside happily in memory care in a large 2 room apartment. The facility is very clean. My parents have been pleased with the food and enjoy being able to choose what they would like to eat. One of the best parts of Magnolia Springs has to be the staff. Everyone is friendly, attentive and very encouraging. I am impressed that even staff that don't directly care for my parents recognize them and call them by name as we walk through the building. My parents have made friends in their new community and they look forward to each day and the activities it brings such as joy rides, music, singing, games and sitting out in the beautiful courtyard during nice weather or socializing in the sunrooms when the weather is not as nice. We highly recommend Magnolia Springs

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your feedback about our amazing staff, as they are the true backbone of our community. We are glad to have your parents with us and to hear that they are enjoying all that Magnolia Springs has to offer.

January 28, 2019

By Anna

Magnolia Springs was a beautiful place but in an inconvenient location on the northwest side of Lexington and away outside of town. When you start with all the add-ons, it is the most expensive of all the ones that I visited. It is very a la carte. The memory care was nice and beautiful. I think they're one of the higher end places. The staff members were wonderful. They only had two people in their memory care at that time.

May 18, 2018

By Elizabeth Ann

Our mother is an 86 year old resident in Memory Way at Magnolia Springs. We are blessed to have the care of the staff for her. They treat our little Mom like family - Mom loves all the staff and she loves her new home. She feels very safe and knows if she needs anything the workers are there for her no matter what she needs. They have all made our Mom feel so special. They have taken time to understand our Mom's way of doing things, and they adhere to these ways without any question. There are a lot of things to occupy the residents time, but it's their choice to participate. Our Mom LOVES time in the sunroom - she loves to reading there and says it's like a little vacation. She even reads to another resident who has sight problems. Mom loves to walk and talk to the other residents and to the workers. Mom feels a strong connection with the workers. Mom tries to be a blessing to others and the staff are a great blessing for our Mom ...and to us. We are so pleased Mom is so satisfied with her new home and continues to make new friends there. She enjoys meals with other ladies she's met there. This social atmosphere is so important. Her apartment is beautiful and feels so warm and inviting. I highly recommend Magnolia Springs in Lexington. Take time to check it out, even look several times if needed. It's a beautiful facility. Recently my mother saw a young worker on the floor in the dining area -- she was cleaning the legs on the chair! My Mom said - you KNOW it's a really clean place when they take time to do that! She's right -- they take great pride in the appearance and cleanliness of the facility-- and it shows! The staff have always made me feel welcome to call with questions, and be so involved with our Mom's care. I use to be concerned about calling too often, bothering the staff but they have made me feel like part of the family there too and we talk often, just like friends. Again, I feel so blessed Mom is getting the care at Magnolia Springs. I KNOW she is being cared for properly and if anything comes up the staff have built a relationship with us and we all work together to be sure Mom is getting all the care and love she so greatly deserves. This is such a mental relief. I can enjoy my visits with Mom and not worry if she's ok when I'm not there. There is no question - THIS is the BEST place for our Mom.

Thank you, Elizabeth for your kind words. We are so grateful for the opportunity to care for her. She is a true delight to our team. Thank you for recognizing our team's hard work and attention to detail. Our goal is to raise expectations for what it means to live at a Senior Living Community, and I'm glad to hear you feel we are doing just that.
See all Memory Care reviews (10) See fewer reviews

Questions about Magnolia Springs Lexington

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

We use a program called HeartFelt Connections for dementia training. It is more of a personalized plan for each resident based on what their individual needs are and what works best for them to redirect.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Magnolia Springs Lexington. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

78.5 is the average age at Magnolia Springs. Our residents live an active supported lifestyle. Our community was founded on the philosophy that each residents' life is to be celebrated and that we promote and support all eight dimensions of wellness.

What programs or activities does Magnolia Springs Lexington offer to enrich residents' well-being?

-Resident ambassador program: Being a new resident can be very intimidating. Every senior here has been the new kid at one time. We have our resident ambassadors that help new residents get acclimated into the community. -Helping Hands Program: Many of our assisted living residents love to have purpose and enjoy volunteering time. The Assisted Living residents in helping hands assist with activities in memory care. For example: We have a lady who use to be an art teacher, she goes over there and completes projects with memory care residents and staff. -Walking club -Bingo -Movie night daily -Competitive chair volleyball -Bridge club -Ladies tea -Quilting club -Prayer Group -Staying alive fitness -Chair Yoga -Art/canvas painting classes

What places are near Magnolia Springs Lexington or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Kroger shopping center on Leestown road Meadowthorpe Shopping Center

What transportation services does Magnolia Springs Lexington offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation to local shopping, doctors' appointments and religious services. Our transportation runs seven days a week.

What makes the chef or dining program at Magnolia Springs Lexington exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have over 130 choices daily to chose from. Over 90% of our menu is fresh made. We give our residents a restaurant style experience. They come down to dine during the time frames the restaurant is open and are served just like being at a restaurant. What you see on the menu for specials today, you will not see again next week. We also have a bistro area with all grab and go snacks for our residents to enjoy 24/7.

What safety features or security measures does Magnolia Springs Lexington offer to assisted living residents?

All of our residents are given an alert pendant to press if they need assistance. This feature works in any area of the community, not just their apartment. Also, our front desk is staffed with a concierge from 8am until 7pm each day. Outside of those hours our doors are secured and residents and families may access that with a special access card. In addition to the external security, our hallways and common areas also are equipped with cameras to monitor the residents well-being. All apartments are equipped with safety features in the bathrooms (grab bars, walk-in showers, shower seats).

How does Magnolia Springs Lexington keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Magnolia Springs Lexington during daytime and nighttime hours?

AL: 1:20 3 caregivers during the day not including our nurse Lois Justice and her assistant Amelia Bower. Drops down to two caregivers at 9pm. MC: 1:9 3 caregivers during the day not including our RN Diane France. Drops down to two caregivers after 9pm.

If Magnolia Springs Lexington accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We welcome all pets under 25 pounds. Dogs must be leashed when outside of resident apartments but relief areas are provided in several locations outside of the building.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We work with Relias to do monthly modules with our staff to stay up to date with all of our training and compliance. We also do monthly team meetings and bring in expert speakers to also assist with training.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

3 staff during the day and at 9pm drops down to 2.

What safety features or security measures does Magnolia Springs Lexington provide to protect residents who wander?

Our memory care offers secured doors. They have many areas that allow them to wander our memory care safely.

What programs or activities does Magnolia Springs Lexington offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

-Helping hands program listed above -Music Therapy -Daily exercise -Reminisce therapy -Massage therapy -Cooking classes -Gardening classes where we use what we garden in a farm to table meal. -Walking club -Joy Ride weekly: Our memory care residents get to go out on our community shuttle and drive through horse farms.

Our RN and director of Memory care Diane France. We do a pre-assessment before a resident comes into the community. We do another assessment on move in day to see if needs have changed. We also do one 30 days after move in and have the family come in for a round-table meeting with every department head to go over how the 1st thirty days in our community as gone. From there, we do them quarterly or more as needs change. A family can request an assessment at anytime.

What techniques does Magnolia Springs Lexington use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We offer family style dining in memory care. We have red table clothes to stimulate appetite. We try to seat residents with similar seniors on their level. If mild/moderate level they would be together so they can enjoy conversation and socialization. If later stages we will have our staff sit with them through the meal and prompt them throughout the time they dine. We will use adaptive silverware if needed to make the resident as successful as possible.

How does Magnolia Springs Lexington keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Families are able to call our building 24 hours a day. They can ask the caregivers directly with any concerns with their loved ones. Most of our families are on a texting or call basis with our resident service Director Lois Justice or Memory Care director Diane France. We want our families to feel included in their loved ones care and up to date on how they are doing. We have many families who also partner with Advanced Care House Calls our NP group that will come in to see their loved ones here on site. Diane and Elizabeth our NP communicate on the residents she see’s weekly. Diane will help facilitate communication if a family or loved one cannot be present for the appointment.

Describe the neighborhood around Magnolia Springs Lexington. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a residential neighborhood and across from Lexington's newest fire station.

Is Magnolia Springs Lexington affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with any local hospitals but have great professional working relationships with all local hospitals. Families at Magnolia springs can chose whatever hospital they prefer: Top hospitals that are in our area are: -CHI St. Joe -UK -Baptist Health For acute rehab: Cardinal Hill

Costs for Magnolia Springs Lexington

• Check

• State Licenses: 20181503404

About Magnolia Springs Lexington

Live the Life You Love At Magnolia Springs Lexington

Who says moving to a senior living community means giving up your sense of independence? Magnolia Springs embraces the fact you are your own person, different, unique, one-of-a-kind—with your own lifestyle, pursuits, and hopes for the future. Even better, we celebrate it! Each and every day. That’s just our way. The Magnolia Springs Way.

Assisted Living. Count on assistance your way.

At Magnolia Springs, residents in Assisted Living enjoy freedom, choice, and flexibility even though they need a little assistance with the activities of daily living. The Magnolia Springs Way means you call the shots. Eat when you want. Sleep in or rise early. Be social or stay put. We’re just here to empower you to do it.

Before you move in, we take the time to work with you and your family to line up the individualized services that will make your life better—from assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and medication reminders to personal laundry service. Once you’re settled in, we routinely evaluate services you receive to make sure they continue to meet your changing needs.

Memory Way. It’s memory care you can rely on.

Memory Way at Magnolia Springs embraces and celebrates everything our residents do—from dressing for the day to baking a cake or writing a letter. Using our nationally recognized Heartfelt CONNECTIONS™ Memory Care Program, we capture details about each resident’s family, friends, career, hobbies, likes, and dislikes. Then we apply that lasting legacy of details to daily activity programming—creating success stories one small victory at a time.

Inviting families to participate is also key to our program, so we host support group meetings. As a family member of a resident at Magnolia Way, you’ll gain a better understanding of the disease and how to make the most of your time visiting your loved one here.

As a not-for-profit community, our focus is on satisfy our residents, not investors. We believe our residents deserve the highest quality of care, that’s why we put money back into items that directly affect those individuals living in our community, such as food, leisurely activities, and hiring a well-trained, professional staff.”

Map of Magnolia Springs Lexington