Richmond Place

Richmond Place (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Richmond Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Richmond Place

November 25, 2015

I visited Richmond Place. The area that I was interested in was sort of offset, secluded, and had limited access, which I liked. The caregivers were very kind and caring. I thought it was very nice. They had field trips, and people were working on art projects while I visited. They had a closed-circuit TV to show things that were meaningful to people, so they could sit and watch family memories, special music, and things like that. They had a piano that is played sometimes, and people sing. It was a very nice place. I did not ask any questions, but the staff gave me a brochure. It did have a place where my husband could be in one section, and I could have an apartment close by. I could be with him as much as I wanted. They had place where they had the food already prepared, and I could just go eat in the dining room or eat with him. The people seemed to be happy, well nourished, and had good rapport with the caregivers. The place was very clean. I had a nice visit. There were places to park. They had a nice reception area where I waited for the person that gave me the tour. It was a very secure facility, something I appreciate to stop people from going out and wandering away.

November 22, 2015

We visited Richmond Place, and the facility is nice. I know many people living there, and so far, it has been good for them.

October 27, 2015

At Richmond Place, the food is excellent. We are served three meals a day. The cooking is very good. I do get a very good, balanced diet here. There are physical and occupational therapists available too. There is housekeeping one day a week, and there is transportation available, if you apply in time. All in all, I find it a very comfortable place to live. My room is a studio, which means essentially one large room. I have a sleeping area, a sitting and watching-television area, a dining area, a kitchen, and a bathroom. The facility has a gymnasium, a library, and a dayroom for different organized activities, e.g., exercises, bridge, and poker. There is also a beauty parlor for the women. Outside, there is a pool, a tennis court, and a walking track. There are various organized activities for different religious groups and class. There are plenty of things to keep you busy. I chose Richmond Place because it has good accommodation and services, and I could afford it.

April 21, 2015

By Mark105649650

I thought Richmond Place was very nice. The staff was really friendly and knowledgeable. The food was really good. The apartments were nice, and they were adequate to what my mom would have needed. The security and safety of the place seemed good.

January 25, 2015

I thought Richmond Place was nice. They've renovated it, so it's nicer than when I first saw it.

August 28, 2014

Richmond Place seemed very neat, clean, bright and well placed. It was smaller and more homey. The staff seemed very friendly. They were very accommodating. They answered all our questions. The more questions we had, the more they answered. It was a very positive experience. Everyone was nice, thoughtful and made other good points. I thought if I had to place a loved one there, if everything went as they said it would, it would be a fine facility. The rooms were fine. I thought the bathrooms were roomy, so anyone with any kind of handicap, they had ample room. There was also an opportunity to get a double room when it was available, and that would provide a little more apartment space, which was something we were looking at. The only reason I gave it a four star was because of the placement of the facility in general. It was in a busy intersection, which was probably good for business, except that I thought it was a facility that had all the road noise and surrounded by parking lots or roads, as opposed to a facility that had a little more green space. That would probably have given me that fifth star in my mind. We took my mother-in-law and she felt comfortable there.

April 22, 2014

By Ronda3

During my initial visit at Richmond Place, the staff were very helpful. They continued to contact me to check with me. The facility was really great, and it is located in a nice neighborhood. They had a lot of things for the seniors. I like the setting of the facility because the inside and outside of the facility is very nice. My initial assessment of the facility is great.

March 27, 2014

By Ron21

Everything was really nice at Richmond Place. I really enjoyed the people who met us there. They served us dinner, we looked around, and everybody was really nice. I liked the rooms. The staff was great.

January 29, 2014

By Ellen20

I moved at Richmond Place. I have a regular apartment with a bedroom, living room, and a dining room with kitchen. The staff are very knowledgeable. They provide three meals a day and the food is great. They have all kinds of activities and things for the residents. They also have service bus for the residents.

Independent Living Reviews for Richmond Place

April 05, 2021

By Al

My mother moved in to Richmond Place and the experience has been outstanding; it couldn't be better. The staff has been extremely helpful and accommodating, they've been excellent. She's in a 2-bathroom with 2 full baths, it's a second-floor bedroom with a balcony. The cleanliness and upkeep is excellent, it's outstanding. The food was good, not great.

January 15, 2021

By Roslyn

My mom has been in Richmond Place. I'm her power of attorney. They have changed ownership twice since she has been there. They have pretty much basically what most of the independent living services have. She has a one-bedroom. It's actually a bedroom and a den, which may be considered as a two-bedroom apartment. They have a very nice dining area, they have a lot of activities, and they have transportation if they need that. They have services to do personal care services, like people will go grocery shopping for them, they will do deep cleaning, and they will do laundry. They have some physical therapy and occupational therapy in-house there. It's pretty well staffed. They have a beauty shop, too. The staff members are very friendly and helpful. It would probably be a different story if my mom gave the rating because she gets upset with people very easily. However, from my perspective, they have been very accommodating and helpful. The thing that bothers my mom the most is the food and the food choices. They had a chef when she first moved there, and it was very good. Then, with the changes, that has changed. My mom is very disappointed with the food choices most of the time. There are fewer choices and she complains about it most days. The staff has gone over and above. They have done a lot of renovations lately, and it's been there for awhile. With COVID they don't have any activities, but they haven't had any cases of COVID in the facility. My mom got a pretty decent deal when we moved in there. She signed in her lease at the end of the year and she has no rent increases. She is getting a pretty good value for what she is getting.

June 09, 2020

By Sue

Richmond Place is excellent. It is not exactly what I want, but they have been very helpful to me and they have gone out of their way to try to accommodate me. The rooms are very nice and the staff was excellent. They're outstanding. All of the activities are really good. The place is also clean.

Thank you for your feedback, Sue! We are glad to hear that your experience with Richmond Place was enjoyable, and we do always seek to accommodate to the best of our ability. We love that you shared your experience and wish you all the best in your search! As always, let us know if there's anything we can do to support you!

December 19, 2017

By Mark

Dad is living in the independent living side of Richmond Place, and he's happy there. I think his room is pretty big. They have a library, rec room, dining room, and multi-purpose room for Bingo. The staff is nice. They have balconies and a pool.

February 10, 2017

By Asher236517

I am quite happy with Richmond Place. They have very nice-sized apartments. I am in the independent living section, and they also have an assisted living section and a nursing home section. I've got a very nice apartment that is larger than the house I had, and the people here are very nice. They have a very large grounds. The food is quite good; in fact, I have gained some pounds in the last couple of weeks.

Memory Care Reviews for Richmond Place

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Pharma

• Home Sale Assistance

About Richmond Place

Just because your health needs may change, it doesn’t mean your life has to change. At Richmond Place, we provide personal care in Lexington, KY, that gives you just the help you need so you can do what you want, when you want. We’ll assist with the basic activities of daily living, like bathing, dressing and grooming, medication management, and personal maintenance … so you can continue to live the life that you want to live.

Independent Living offers the largest apartments in the market. Includes 6 acre courtyard, heated pool, walking trails, gardening, and putting green. Our licensed Personal Care offers private studios and 24/7 nurse on staff. We also feature a secured 14 until Memory care. Pricing for community is all inclusive. Richmond Place Senior Living has been a staple in the Lexington area since 1983. Our large apartments and beautiful courtyard set us apart from our competition.

Map of Richmond Place