14 Assisted Living Facilities near Auburn, MA
Also serving communities of Charlton, Webster.
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Auburn area, with 3 in Auburn and 11 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Auburn is $3,895 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 150 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Auburn. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Auburn 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Worcester with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Auburn, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Auburn, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Auburn
Auburn, Massachusetts, is a dynamic city with a population of more than 15,000 people, a growing number of whom are senior citizens. For those seniors and their families trying to find the right assisted living community, the Auburn area offers at least 25 different options. Three of these communities are located within the city of Auburn, and another 22 can be found in neighboring towns. In Massachusetts, assisted living facilities are formally called Assisted Living Residences (ALRs). They are licensed and regulated by the Executive Office of Elder Affairs (EOEA).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Auburn
- Seniors who select an assisted living community in Auburn should be prepared for inclement winter weather, with lows in the 10s and an average of around 52 inches of snow annually.
- Auburn is more affordable for seniors than most communities in Massachusetts. The city's cost of living is 24 percent below the state average.
- Assisted living communities in Auburn may offer their senior residents outings and day trips to enjoy the city's arts and culture. Notable attractions in the area include the Auburn Mall, Lemansky Park, the Pakachoag Golf Course and the Auburn Historical Museum.
- Auburn has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Auburn Council on Aging, an organization that provides information and community referrals for seniors as well as one senior center.
- The Auburn area is home to world-class medical facilities, including UMass Memorial Health Care, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Worcester Regional Transit Authority (WRTA) serves Auburn and surrounding communities. Seniors can receive discounted bus fares with proper identification. WRTA offers safe, reliable transportation, including paratransit services for seniors and disabled persons.
Paying for Assisted Living in Auburn
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Auburn start around $3,895 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Auburn and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Auburn
In Auburn and throughout the state of Massachusetts, seniors with limited incomes can for apply for financial aid to help pay for assisted living services through Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC). Seniors who are Social Security Income (SSI) recipients may also be able to get help paying for room and board costs through the state’s optional supplement program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Auburn
Auburn and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Auburn, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Auburn
Auburn-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Auburn
Review of Brookdale Eddy Pond East
The grounds and interior of the building were beautifully decorated and always clean. The level paved walking path around the building encouraged outdoor walking. There are amenities like a haird... Read more
Review of Brookdale Eddy Pond East
My sister is doing fine at Brookdale Eddy Pond East. The only complaint she has is about the quality of the food, which is not that good. The people there are friendly, the staff is treating her we... Read more
Review of Brookdale Eddy Pond West
My grandmother lives here and the building is nice along with the apartments however, for the price people pay to live here it is lacking in some important areas. One of which is that the activitie... Read more