16 Assisted Living Facilities near Milford, MA
Also serving communities of Hopedale, Northbridge.
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Milford area, with 3 in Milford and 13 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Milford is $3,553 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 91 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Milford. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Milford 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Woonsocket with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Milford, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Milford, MA
13 Assisted Living Facilities near Milford, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Milford
Milford is a midsize town in Worcester County, Massachusetts, eight miles south of the Upton State Forest and 40 miles southwest of Boston. Seniors make up 13.1 percent of the population here and can choose from three assisted living facilities (ALFs) in town and 17 in the surrounding areas. The Massachusetts Department of Elder Affairs is responsible for the regulation and licensing of ALFs and defines them as facilities that provide room and board and personal care services to seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Milford
- The cost of living in Milford is 26 percent higher than the U.S. average. However, most of this is due to housing costs, with transportation and groceries comparable to national medians. Health-care costs are lower than the U.S. average, which may benefit seniors who are living on a tight budget.
- Like the rest of New England, the weather in Milford is seasonal. Summers are warm with highs around 82 degrees. Winters can get very cold, with temperatures dipping to lows around 16 degrees in January. These extreme temperature variations may affect seniors who enjoy the outdoors.
- Seniors find a lot of local entertainment options in Milford and the surrounding area, including the Pinz entertainment center, Southwick’s Zoo and Patt’s Blueberry Farm. The Milford Senior Center and the Ruth Anne Bleakney Senior Center offer fitness programs, classes, arts and crafts and lunches for seniors.
- Milford’s crime rate is slightly above the U.S. average, which may be a concern for seniors living here. The city is safer than 49 percent of other U.S. cities, and violent and property crimes garnered scores of 41.5 and 39.9 out of 100, with 100 representing high crime.
- Seniors who don’t drive can take a MetroWest bus around town for a reduced fare. The Milford Senior Center offers van transportation on weekdays, and the Ruth Anne Bleakney Senior Center provides medical transportation for seniors.
- Milford has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Milford Council on Aging, an organization that provides seniors with programs to improve their quality of life in the city, as well as two senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Milford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Milford start around $3,553 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Milford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Milford
Seniors looking for financial assistance for assisted living can apply through the Massachusetts Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Program, a federal program through the Social Security Administration that can help seniors with supplemental income for room-and-board expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Milford
Milford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Milford, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Milford
Milford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Milford
Review of Whitcomb House
Whitcomb House is newer and nice, and seemed smaller compared to the other places I've looked at. They have a nice lobby with a really nice receptionist. I had a nice tour. I saw the cafeteria, whe... Read more
Review of Whitcomb House
Whitcomb House wasn't bad, except my mother didn't stay there too long. She was fine when she got there. She thought the place and the room were really nice. She was happy with it. They put a recli... Read more
Review of Whitcomb House
I liked the location of Whitcomb House, and the staff seemed to be friendly. They had different clubs and activities for their seniors. They served three meals a day and offered transportation for ... Read more