15 Assisted Living Facilities near Franklin, MA
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Franklin area, with 2 in Franklin and 13 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Franklin is $3,647 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Milford with an average starting cost of $3,116.
To help you with your search, browse the 83 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Franklin. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Franklin 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wrentham with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Franklin find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Franklin, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Franklin, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Franklin
Franklin is a town in Massachusetts located about 46 miles southwest of Boston. Its population is estimated to be 32,996 as of July 2017, and 11.8 percent of these residents are 65 or over. To help support this senior population, there are 15 assisted living facilities in the Franklin area. Two of them are located in Franklin, and the other 13 are in nearby communities, including Walpole, Milford, Wrentham and Hopedale.
Assisted living facilities are officially known as Assisted Living Residences, or ALRs, in Massachusetts. The state's Executive Office of Elder Affairs (EOEA) is responsible for the regulation and certification of these ALRs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Franklin
- The year-round climate in Franklin is relatively comfortable, especially in the spring, summer and fall. The average high in July is around 84 degrees. Winters in Franklin are generally cold and snowy, as the area receives about 41 inches of snow each year and the average January low is 15. Seniors who find winters challenging may want to keep this in mind as they search for assisted living communities.
- Crime is relatively low in Franklin, so seniors can feel safe living here. On a scale of one (low crime) to 100 (high crime), Franklin's violent crime is 24.1 and property crime is 18.8. These are both below state averages of 31.6 and 21.1, respectively, and the averages for the Boston-Cambridge-Newton Metro area of 34.2 (violent crime) and 34.5 (property crime).
- The cost of living in Franklin is about on par with state averages, but is slightly higher. On a cost of living index where the national average is 100, Franklin is 152, and the Massachusetts average is 139.
- The Franklin area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Milford Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Greater Attleboro Taunton Regional Transit Authority (GATRA) provides bus service for the Franklin area. They offer discounted rates for seniors and stop at many popular places in town.
- Massachusetts is moderately tax-friendly for retirees. Social Security and public pension income are fully tax exempt, while other forms of retirement income, including a 401k, IRA and private pension are subject to the state's income tax rate of 5.1 percent.
Paying for Assisted Living in Franklin
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Franklin start around $3,597 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Franklin and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Franklin
MassHealth, which is Massachusetts's Medicaid state plan, pays for assisted living services in ALRs. It also helps seniors pay for Adult Foster Care (AFC) and other forms of elderly housing. Seniors have to meet certain criteria to qualify for MassHealth.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Franklin
Franklin and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Franklin, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Franklin
Franklin-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Franklin, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Franklin
Review of The Enclave of Franklin
The Enclave of Franklin was really nice. The apartments were really nice. They were a bigger facility with nice grounds and a nice setting. It was very much like a country setting. I had a nice fee... Read more
Review of The Enclave of Franklin
Enclave is a safe, beautiful community. We were looking for a home for my mother in law when we found Enclave. My husband left a phone message to inquire about the facility and we quickly receive... Read more
Review of Benchmark Senior Living at Forge Hill
I like everything about Benchmark Senior Living at Forge Hill, but I think it should be painted and updated. They definitely should improve the lobby because the furniture's nice, but its old. The... Read more