19 Assisted Living Facilities near Walpole, MA
With an average cost of $6,240 in Walpole, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 6 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 1 facilities in Walpole.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Walpole, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Walpole
Walpole, Massachusetts, is an idyllic suburban town with a population of 24,000, including 3,500 senior citizens. Although Walpole is home to just one assisted living facility, more than 50 other communities are located nearby in Norfolk, Norwood and Wrentham. All facilities that help residents with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, eating and managing medications, are fully regulated by the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Walpole
- Even with its convenient location between Boston and Providence, Walpole has a moderate cost of living that's just 23 percent higher than other parts of Massachusetts. As in other desirable areas, housing costs are substantially higher than the national average. Residents also pay slightly more for utilities and transportation.
- Greater Boston consistently ranks among the nation's top destinations for arts, culture, history and education. By using bus trips and local outings organized by assisted living facilities and travel groups, local seniors can explore the region's many major attractions.
- Residents enjoy easy access to public transportation and commuter rail lines via Walpole Station. Seniors even qualify for discounted fares through the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. The MBTA and several community organizations also provide door-to-door paratransit service for disabled individuals and their caregivers.
- The Walpole area is home to several nationally recognized medical facilities, including Massachusetts General, Beth Israel Deaconess, Tufts Medical Center and Brigham and Women's Hospital, in the event of a medical emergency or illness.
- Walpole has a low crime rate with just 14 incidents per square mile and 11.5 crimes per 1,000 residents. Based on per capita data, the average city in Massachusetts has 150 percent more property crimes and 200 percent more violent crimes than Walpole, which makes this community perfect for individuals of all ages.
- Every year, Walpole receives approximately 50 inches of rain and 50 inches of snow, which is substantially more than most U.S. cities. Additionally, seniors must endure humid summers with highs in the lower 80s and chilly winters with average lows around 17 degrees. Despite the inclement weather, Walpole's comfort score is only slightly lower than the national average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Walpole
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Walpole start around $6,240 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Walpole and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Walpole
New and existing assisted living residents who are covered by Medicaid MassHealth Standard or CommonHeath may receive financial assistance for services beyond housing and meals. The Massachusetts Personal Care Attendant program gives senior citizens and disabled adults a stipend to pay caregivers who provide daily living assistance. Eligibility is based on physical need and financial criteria.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Walpole
Walpole and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Walpole, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Walpole
Walpole-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Walpole
Review of New Pond Village
I really liked New Pond Village and everything I saw about it. It would have been a place I would have gone back for a second round, to get a little more specific, and eat lunch there with my mothe... Read more
Review of New Pond Village
My mom has been living in New Pond Village for seven years now. We have been very happy with it. The staff is friendly. They love my mother and take good care of her. Overall, the day-to-day runnin... Read more
Review of New Pond Village
New Pond Village is beautiful and reasonably priced with excellent, restaurant-like food that was not institutional at all. The staff is knowledgeable. They have movies, exercise classes, and trans... Read more