30 Assisted Living Facilities near Canton, MA
Also serving communities of Stoughton.
There are 30 Assisted Living Facilities in the Canton area, with 2 in Canton and 28 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 184 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Canton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Canton 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Canton, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Canton, MA
28 Assisted Living Facilities near Canton, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Canton
Chosen by Paul Revere to be the home of America's first copper rolling mill, Canton, Massachusetts, is part of the Greater Boston area, located just 15 miles from the capital city's downtown core. The town is home to close to 23,000 residents, over 18% of whom are aged 65 and older.
Seniors who find themselves in need of assistance with daily tasks can get the help they need at an assisted living residence (ALR), 50 of which are available in Canton and the surrounding communities. Across the state, the Executive Office of Elder Affairs (EOEA) is responsible for certifying and regulating these facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Canton
- Canton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Canton Council on Aging, an organization that seeks to identify the needs of local seniors and provide support, education and information services, as well as a senior center.
- The cost of living in Canton is rated 167.6, something that budget-conscious seniors may want to take into consideration as it's higher than both the U.S. national average of 100 and statewide average of 139.
- Safety can be an important factor for seniors, which may make Canton an appealing choice as crime rates are very low. Violent crime is rated 15.1 and property crime scores 18.8 on a scale to 100, with 100 representing high crime. These rates are lower than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4 in the same categories.
- Communities across eastern Massachusetts, including Canton, are served by the Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA). Adults aged 65 and older are eligible for reduced fares on fixed route services. Seniors who are unable to use the regular service can get around town with MBTA's RIDE door-to-door, shared-ride paratransit service.
- Canton has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospitals located in Stoughton and Boston.
- With its rich history, Canton has plenty of arts and culture for seniors to enjoy, including the architectural delights of the Canton Corner Historic District, Museum of American Bird Art and the Eleanor Cabot Bradley Estate.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Canton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Canton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Canton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Canton
In Massachusetts, the Medicaid State Plan program provides financial support for seniors residing in an ALR through its Group Adult Foster Care program and Money Follows the Person (MFP) waiver program. Low-income seniors in Canton, and across the state, also have the option of applying for an optional state supplement (OSS) to be added to their Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments to cover the costs of room and board at an ALR.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Canton
Canton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Canton, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Canton
Canton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Canton, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Canton
Review of Cornerstone at Canton
Cornerstone at Canton was wonderful and our experience was great. I was on vacation and they gave my husband a room and all the services for two weeks. It includes accommodation, meals, and enterta... Read more