17 Assisted Living Facilities near Brockton, MA
Also serving communities of West Bridgewater, Rockland, Hanson.
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brockton area, with 4 in Brockton and 13 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Brockton is $3,550 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 82 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brockton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brockton 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Canton with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brockton, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Brockton, MA
13 Assisted Living Facilities near Brockton, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brockton
Brockton is one of the top 10 largest cities in the state, but it's divided into smaller villages where seniors can find hometown pride in local sports stars and plenty of accessible activities. Brockton is home to four assisted living residences, as assisted living facilities are called in Massachusetts, with another 102 to choose from in nearby towns such as Quincy, Attleboro and Norton. In assisted living facilities, older adults can get a little help when needed with medication management and the activities of daily living, which include bathing, dressing and grooming, all within a secure and comfortable residential environment.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brockton
- The city of Brockton runs its own bus service, the Brockton Area Transit Authority, which operates lines that run through different Brockton neighborhoods as well as outside the city. In addition, the Middleborough/Lakeville line of the Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority runs through the city, connecting it to Boston, and seniors can take advantage of lower fares by purchasing a Senior CharlieCard.
- The Brockton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Good Samaritan Medical Center and Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Music lovers in Brockton come together to enjoy or play in the Brockton Symphony Orchestra. The Downtown Brockton Arts and Music Festival takes place each year during August, and holiday parades fill the street for Veterans Day and Christmas, providing plenty of low-cost entertainment for area seniors.
- Brockton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Brockton Council on Aging, an organization that provides tax counseling, Meals on Wheels, heating fuel assistance and snow shoveling during the winter, as well as two senior centers.
- The cost of living in Brockton is about 22.2 percent more expensive than the average cost of living in the United States, though it's less than some other metro areas in the state.
- The entire state of Massachusetts is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brockton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Brockton start around $3,550 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brockton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brockton
When seniors aren't able to pay for their assisted living, some financial assistance may be available through government programs such as Program for All Inclusive Care of the Elderly (PACE), available through Medicaid and Mass-Health, or via Section 8 Housing. Seniors must meet eligibility requirements.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brockton
Brockton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brockton, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brockton
Brockton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Brockton, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brockton
Review of Connemara Senior Living
We were very impressed with Connemara. The pricing was reasonable, the options were very good, and it's a seven-story building, which is quite beautiful inside. We were impressed. They have all kin... Read more
Review of Connemara Senior Living
I chose this facility because of both its cost and proximity to my home. I still feel comfortable with my decision after some time has passed and my elderly friend is so grateful to be at Emmanuel... Read more
Review of Heights Crossing
We visited Heights Crossing and we liked what we saw. The people who assisted me were very helpful. We thought that the patients were getting good care. The staff kept the residents active. Their ... Read more