Brockton is a suburb of Boston that was nicknamed the “City of Champions” due to its rich sports history.  The city has over 95,000 residents, with 13.1% aged 65 and over, which is lower than the national average of 16.5%. Seniors living in Brockton have access to three local area hospitals, including Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital, Brockton VA Medical Center and Good Samaritan Medical Center, which has a senior behavioral health unit to provide psychiatric services to older adults for conditions related to mental health-related conditions, such as depression or dementia.

Nursing home costs in Brockton are relatively high, according to the  2020 Genworth Cost of Care Survey. A semiprivate room in a Brockton nursing home costs $9,733 per month on average, compared to the national average of $7,756 a month. Those who need ongoing medical support plus 24-hour supervision and care provided by skilled nurses and aides often need nursing home care. However, some may find home health care and other in-home services  or assisted living more appropriate.

This guide offers a comparison of the different care types available in Brockton as well as a number of resources to help area seniors.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Brockton, MA

Guardian Center

888 North Main Street, Brockton, MA, 02301

The Guardian Center of Brockton, Massachusetts, is nestled in the northern end of this peaceful town and easily accessed directly from Highway 28. It is a two-minute drive away from the green space of … (read more)

St. Joseph Manor Health Care

215 Thatcher Street , Brockton, MA, 02302

My husband came home from two weeks of "rehab" in such serious condition that he was admitted to the ICU the next day, and died in the hospital. His feet were dirty, his dentures hadn’t been out of hi … (read more)

Baypointe Rehabilitation & Skilled Care Center

50 Christy Place , Brockton, MA, 02301

Wish I could rate this death house minus stars. My father was a patient and I’ve never witnessed such abuse and apathy. Nursing staff is the worst! If you want great care for your loved one, do not se … (read more)

Brockton Health Center

2 Beaumont Avenue, Brockton, MA, 02302

Tcu-brockton Hospital

680 Centre Street Building A Level 3, Brockton, MA, 02302

Tcu Brockton Hospital

680 Centre Street, Brockton, MA, 02302

Southwood at Norwell Nursing

501 Cordwainer Drive , Norwell, MA, 02061

I couldn’t help but pay tribute to this special facility. I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to all of the nurses and staff at Southwood at Norwell nursing center the dedication and care … (read more)

Life Care Center of West Bridgewater

765 West Center Street , West Bridgewater, MA, 02379

Life Care Center of West Bridgewater is located in a western neighborhood of West Bridgewater, Massachusetts, near parks, shopping centers and Amvets Memorial Highway. Residents and visitors give the … (read more)

Copley at Stoughton Nursing Care Center

380 Sumner Street , Stoughton, MA, 02072

I loved Copley at Stoughton. I went there with my mother and my sister. It was new, clean, nice, and beautiful. The staff was very nice. The rooms were nice and big enough.

John Adams Healthcare Center

211 Franklin Street , Quincy, MA, 02169

When you first walk it the building looks old, but it is really clean. And the Nurses and P/T, O/T and the rest of the staff are the most amazing, compassionate and caring people I have ever met. The … (read more)

Renaissance Gardens at Linden Ponds

400 Linden Ponds Way , Hingham, MA, 02043

I didn’t know how to tell my aunt that this would be best for her, but I managed. At first, I was concerned and even a bit skeptical. I trusted in myself to provide care for my family. After visiting … (read more)

Samuel Marcos Nursing Home

28 Front Street, Weymouth, MA, 02188

It’s like a home and the residents are like one big family… and it’s small so each person gets a lot of attention… my nana was there for many years.

Queen Anne Nursing Home, Inc

50 Recreation Park Drive , Hingham, MA, 02043

My mother was in Queen Anne Nursing Home, Inc. it was very nice, it was clean, and I had no problems there. Everything was fine, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the food was good. Her room was … (read more)

Webster Park Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

56 Webster Street , Rockland, MA, 02370

The employees of this facility do not listen to the patients family. They do not consider the knowledge families have of a patient. The nursing staff is also rude when a family member of the patient a … (read more)

Royal Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

95 Commercial Street , Braintree, MA, 02184

My mother was transferred to your Braintree sight on Friday evening from a hospital. she is recovering from the Corvid virus. She was placed in the Alzheimer’s unit Windsor . she does not have Alzheim … (read more)

John Scott House Nursing an Rehabilitation Center

233 Middle Street , Braintree, MA, 02184

I recently broke my ankle and was sent to John Scott for rehab. I was a little concerned about a rehab/nursing home in general based on the horrible perceptions of such facilities. All my fears and … (read more)

Stoughton Rehab Center

909 Sumner Street, Stoughton, MA, 02072

In September of last year, I was going down the steps of my deck and fell. It was a nice summer evening and I was in a bit of a hurry. After falling, I knew that something was broken since I could n … (read more)

Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation – Colony House

277 Washington Street, Abington, MA, 02351

The rooms are semi private and the staff is lovely attentive and caring. The nursing home is very involved with the Veterans and always have a new and fun activity. Telephones in rooms are great and c … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Brockton, MA

The average cost of a nursing home in Brockton is $9,733 per month for a semiprivate room. A private room averages $10,646 monthly.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

When comparing nursing home costs in Brockton for a semiprivate room with the average U.S. city, the rates in Brockton are $1,977 more expensive per month, but this is still lower than the Massachusetts average of $12,623. The surrounding cities of Springfield ($11,568), Worcester ($12,486) and Barnstable ($13,326) are all significantly higher, as well, with Boston ($13,383), the most populous city in Massachusetts, being the most expensive in the state, more than $3,500 pricier on average than Brockton.

$9733

Barnstable

$13383

Boston

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

It’s also helpful to compare other senior care options with nursing home costs in Brockton. The least expensive is adult day care in Brockton, which averages $1,636 a month. Next, in terms of pricing, comes an assisted living facility at $4,950 monthly. Many seniors prefer to remain living in their own homes for as long as possible, with home care and home health care averaging $5,529 and $5,815 a month, respectively. When compared to nursing home costs in Brockton, other senior care options are much less costly.

$5529

Adult day health care

$4950

Assisted living

$9733

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$10646

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Brockton was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Providence, RI, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Brockton, MA

Free Resources for Seniors in Brockton, MA

The free resources below may be useful to seniors living in Brockton. These services provide assistance to those who wish to continue living at home but can use a bit of assistance in different areas of life. Some resources are also useful in delaying a transition to a nursing home setting.

ResourceContact Service
Brockton Council on Aging(508) 580-7811This branch of Brockton’s city government assesses senior residents’ needs and provides programs and services to improve their quality of life. Services include a variety of scheduled fitness exercise programs, educational speakers, outings, concerts and boxed lunches.
Old Colony Elder Services (OCES)(508) 584-1561OCES is a nonprofit organization that supports the independence of older adults by providing a variety of services and programs, with its headquarters in Brockton. It’s a Meals on Wheels America member that offers healthy meals planned by registered dieticians to be delivered to seniors’ homes in Brockton. OCES also provides in-home assessments to help determine senior citizens’ needs for support, from home health aides to minor home repairs. The organization also provides money management services, family caregiver support and housing alternatives.
Dorn Davies Senior Center (508) 583-2517This friendly senior center helps involve seniors in social activities and programs in a vibrant, warm atmosphere. Health and educational programs, caregiver respite for daytime supervision and supportive services are provided, as well as a monthly speaker’s forum.