Braintree is a scenic, historically rich town with nearly 40,000 residents and a senior community that makes up 17% of the population. The region is home to several high-performing medical facilities, including South Shore Hospital in Weymouth and Carney Hospital in Dorchester, making it a good option for older adults managing health conditions.

For older adults who need around-the-clock specialized medical care and monitoring, nursing homes may be a suitable option. These facilities are staffed with licensed care teams who provide personal care services, monitor acute medical conditions and administer medication. This is the highest level of care available outside of a hospital setting as well as the most expensive at $13,383 per month. Seniors who need a lesser degree of care may be good candidates for in-home care or assisted living

This guide provides an overview of nursing home costs in Braintree, as well as an overview of the programs and agencies that help seniors make important decisions regarding their care.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Braintree, MA

Royal Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

95 Commercial Street , Braintree, MA, 02184

My mother was transferred to your Braintree sight on Friday evening from a hospital. she is recovering from the Corvid virus. She was placed in the Alzheimer’s unit Windsor . she does not have Alzheim … (read more)

John Scott House Nursing an Rehabilitation Center

233 Middle Street , Braintree, MA, 02184

I recently broke my ankle and was sent to John Scott for rehab. I was a little concerned about a rehab/nursing home in general based on the horrible perceptions of such facilities. All my fears and … (read more)

Braintree Manor HealthCare

1102 Washington Street, Braintree, MA, 02184

If you care about your family members, please, I beg of you, do not let your family stay at this facility. The social Worker has the worse attitude,not personable. The smell reeks to where it is unbar … (read more)

Alliance Healthcare Center at Braintree

175 Grove Street, Braintree, MA, 02184

I was in Alliance Health Center at Braintree last year. They didn’t get people out of bed, and I really deteriorated because of that. I went in with very strong arms and no arm problems, and I went ou … (read more)

Southwood at Norwell Nursing

501 Cordwainer Drive , Norwell, MA, 02061

I couldn’t help but pay tribute to this special facility. I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to all of the nurses and staff at Southwood at Norwell nursing center the dedication and care … (read more)

Cardigan Nursing Home

59 Country Way , Scituate, MA, 02066

They place patient care at the top if thier priorities. My mom has severe alz/dementia and I feel very comfortable leaving here here. They communicate with us and take her care seriously.

Life Care Center of West Bridgewater

765 West Center Street , West Bridgewater, MA, 02379

Life Care Center of West Bridgewater is located in a western neighborhood of West Bridgewater, Massachusetts, near parks, shopping centers and Amvets Memorial Highway. Residents and visitors give the … (read more)

Marina Bay Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

2 Seaport Drive , Quincy, MA, 02171

My mom went to Marina Bay for rehab. after being discharged by Cape Cod Hospital without necessary cardiac care. From the first phone call confirming my mom had arrived and was settled in to the cal … (read more)

Newbridge on The Charles

7000 Great Meadow Road, Dedham, MA, 02026

I saw the rehab facility of NewBridge on the Charles. Their facilities are stunning, the rooms are very comfortable, the common spaces are stunning, the physical therapy is excellent, but the nursing … (read more)

Chelsea Soldiers’ Home Adult Day Health Care

91 Crest Avenue, Chelsea, MA, 02150

My husband is in the Veteran’s Adult Care group at the Soldiers Home and it has done wonders for him. Actually, it has helped his memory and conversation a little. The people there are so kind, tho … (read more)

Copley at Stoughton Nursing Care Center

380 Sumner Street , Stoughton, MA, 02072

I loved Copley at Stoughton. I went there with my mother and my sister. It was new, clean, nice, and beautiful. The staff was very nice. The rooms were nice and big enough.

John Adams Healthcare Center

211 Franklin Street , Quincy, MA, 02169

When you first walk it the building looks old, but it is really clean. And the Nurses and P/T, O/T and the rest of the staff are the most amazing, compassionate and caring people I have ever met. The … (read more)

Renaissance Gardens at Linden Ponds

400 Linden Ponds Way , Hingham, MA, 02043

I didn’t know how to tell my aunt that this would be best for her, but I managed. At first, I was concerned and even a bit skeptical. I trusted in myself to provide care for my family. After visiting … (read more)

Leonard Florence Center for Living

165 Captains Row, Chelsea, MA, 02150

Leonard Florence Center for Living is a transitional assisted living facility located in Chelsea, Massachusetts, close to the gorgeous Island End River and the Mass General: Chelsea Healthcare Center. … (read more)

SOUTH COVE MANOR NURSING & REHABILITATION CENTER

288 WASHINGTON STREET, Quincy, MA, 02169

My mother is at South Cove Manor. The place is well-kept/clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. She’s well cared for, and because it’s mainly an Asian place, my mother is able to communicate w … (read more)

Watertown Health Center

59 Coolidge Hill Rd, Watertown, MA, 02472

Inattentive, unprofessional staff. She was sent there for physical therapy, no physical therapist has seen her. They ruitinely miss medication. The lie to the doctor that she is receiving treatmen … (read more)

Samuel Marcos Nursing Home

28 Front Street, Weymouth, MA, 02188

It’s like a home and the residents are like one big family… and it’s small so each person gets a lot of attention… my nana was there for many years.

South Cove Manor Nursing Home

120 Shawmut Avenue, Boston, MA, 02118

This placed is a really nice place for my father to live. He basicaly has his onw apartment with medical staff around. He doesnt have a rooomate and the rooms are very big with little kitchenettes in … (read more)

Waban health & Rehabilitation Center

20 Kinmonth Road , Waban, MA, 02468

My mother had a brief stint at Waban for rehabbing her ankle. The entire staff there was excellent and they took great care of her. I will say that my initial impression of the facility had me turned … (read more)

Charlwell House

305 Walpole Street , Norwood, MA, 02062

This is the worst place I have been to the staff always talking their own language making fun of us the food is the worst always cold the place is always dirty their mice running around everywhere th … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Braintree, MA

In Braintree, nursing homes charge $13,383 per month for shared rooms. Private accommodations are costlier at $14,509.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Nursing home residents in Braintree pay $13,383 monthly for nursing home care in semiprivate accommodations. This is several hundred dollars higher than the statewide rate of $12,623 and several thousand dollars over than national median of $7,756, indicating that it’s among the costlier cities in the state and nation to obtain care.

Compared to other surveyed cities in Massachusetts, Braintree is the least economical option for nursing home care. In Barnstable Town, costs are lower at $13,326. In Worcester, seniors pay $12,486, and in Springfield, facilities charge $11,568. Pittsfield has the cheapest nursing home rates in the state at $11,102.

$13383

Springfield

$12486

Worcester

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Seniors in Braintree pay $13,383 per month for shared rooms in nursing home care and $14,509 for private rooms, making this the most expensive senior care option. Those who need limited skilled nursing services may save thousands of dollars per month by opting for home health care, which costs $5,720, or assisted living, where seniors pay $6,100. Home care only includes personal care services and shares home health care’s monthly rate of $5,720. Adult day health care is the cheapest option for obtaining personal care at $1,782.

$5720

Adult day health care

$6100

Assisted living

$13383

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$14509

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Braintree was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Boston Area, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Braintree, MA

Free Resources for Seniors in Braintree, MA

Seniors in Braintree have access to a wide range of programs and services that support their safety and independence at home, which may enable some to avoid or delay nursing home placement. The city also has options counselors, legal experts and financial advisors who help older adults make informed decisions regarding their care when placement is necessary.

Resource

Contact

Service

The Braintree Department of Elder Affairs helps older adults in the community connect with services they need with the goal of maintaining their independence and aging in place. Through this department, Braintree seniors obtain information and referrals for transportation, food assistance programs, case management and mental health services, which may enable them to avoid nursing home placement. The department also uses state funding to operate the Friendly Visitor/Companion Program, which can help alleviate loneliness and isolation for housebound members of the community.

South Shore Elder Services is a local nonprofit organization that supports seniors’ independence and provides guidance for decisions related to long-term care. It operates the region’s PACE program, which administers comprehensive services to seniors who qualify for nursing home level care but want to remain at home or in assisted living. It also provides home-delivered meals, money management, information and referrals and home care services, as well as health insurance options counseling to help seniors understand their Medicare benefits as they pertain to nursing home care.

HESSCO

HESSCO is the Area Agency on Aging and Aging Services Access Point for the Braintree region. It has a range of free and low-cost services to help older adults remain in the community and avoid nursing home placement. The agency has trained care managers who meet with older adults to assess their needs and access home care services in the community such as homemaking, respite care, adult day health programs, personal care, transportation and personal emergency response systems. The agency also houses the long-term care ombudsman program, which advocates for those in nursing homes and helps address issues related to inadequate or excessive services, billing errors or problems with move-in and move-out processes.

The city’s Veterans’ Services office has trained staff who help older veterans access benefits that may help cover nursing home expenses, including Aid and Attendance, pension benefits and disability compensation. It can also help seniors obtain community-based services such as transportation and emergency financial assistance, which may allow them to remain in their homes.