Atria Marina Place North Quincy, MA

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

Four Seaport Drive, North Quincy, MA 02171
Atria Marina Place (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Atria Marina Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Marina Place

June 25, 2021

By Puck

The physical setting, the public spaces, and the individual apartments distinguish Atria Marina and all make for an extremely inviting place in which to live. I have a roomy one bedroom which features a double windowed living room, a large entry way and well laid out bathroom with a bit extra space. As for the public spaces: a windowed wall makes for a pleasant dining setting. Public sitting rooms on the resident floors add a place to hangout when not participating in a program. The community of Marina Bay with its boardwalk is within walking distance for mobile residents. I found front desk, maintenance, dining room, and program staff universally friendly and helpful. Everyone called me by name right off. The dining room staff go out of their way to remember what I like and Mark, the chef, has been very helpful in accommodating my specific dietary needs. The food is definitely a cut above average. It's always well prepared, never overdone, and the portions are sizeable. Because of Covid-19, the same choices are available for lunch and dinner currently, but I'm told that historically that was not the case. Activities are scheduled continuously from morning into the evening and feature regular "brain activity" sessions and bus trips to surrounding areas. Stephanie who heads programming has been with the place for many years and interviewed me at length when I came in to get to know me personally. I cannot say enough about her interest and efforts to acclimate me to my surroundings when I moved in. There has been some turnover in top management recently, but it has not affected my living experience.

June 19, 2021

By Christopher

We are going to go with Atria Marina Place for my mom. They have friendly and professional staff. The facility itself is nice, clean, and bright. It is very close to the ocean, and it is close to Boston. Those were the factors that stood out to me. We had lunch the last time we were there, and the food was pretty good. They're doing great.

Hi Christopher, Welcome to the Atria family. Your feedback is important to us, so thank you for sharing your experience.

August 28, 2018

By Mary

My overall impression of Atria Marina Place was positive. It seemed like a vibrant community, and the food seemed to be good, and the staff pleasant. The facilities looked good. They have a gym. It's a place I would like to live myself. The activities seemed interesting. There were things that you would want to do. The facilities could be a little bit more expansive, but for what it was, it was lovely. I saw a current events discussion and I heard that music was going to be there that night.

May 17, 2016

By ANBEVRL

They were very nice and good in Marina Place. The staff tried everything, but my mom was just not happy. She is 95 and has been living on her own all these years, so it was a big adjustment for her as it was for myself and my family. She did not want to leave her room and did not want to eat. It was just not working out. The facility itself is lovely; you would not want for anything there. It is very, very nice. The dining area was very big, and my mother felt it was like going to a restaurant and sitting there by herself. They have activities, but she would not go out of her apartment.

October 16, 2014

By Sufia

The Atria was excellent. It was very modern. The rooms were beautiful. The staff was very professional. The residents that I saw were engaged in an activity. and they were fine.

June 19, 2013

By Robert30

It was nice but not as nice as the other facilities that I've visited. It was clean the people were nice but the living space was not so well and I didn't like the location.

Thanks for visiting, Robert. If you’d like to share more feedback with me, please connect with me at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

June 27, 2012

By kalaiskidskid

My mom has been at Atria Marina Place Assisted Living for about 6 months. I looked at many assisted living places, as I was fearing for my mom's safety. She was reluctant to leave her home, where she had lived for over 45 years, but between the gas stove and the stairs, I was afraid she was an accident waiting to happen. I chose Atria Marina Bay for my mom as I was impressed with the cleanliness of the facility, the many activities, and most of all, the staff. I have not been disappointed. I had to bring my mom to the hospital once, as the staff noticed a change in her behavior, which may not have been noticed or discovered had she still been living alone. Mom is eating better and has made many friends, and I truly believe she is better off than she was 6 months ago. She is much more engaged and alert. There is always something to do and someone to do it with. If the staff notices that she is not participating, they will knock on her door and encourage her to attend whatever activity is going on. I sleep better knowing she is being well taken care of. Ideally my mom would still be in her own home, but even she has admitted that if she cannot be in her own home, then Atria Marina Place is the next best thing.

June 26, 2012

By Best for Mom

My Mom has always been a vivacious, independent person so when it was time to find assisted living accommodations, I diligently, carefully and considerately researched the choices. I knew we were starting at the independent living level and wanted a place where more advanced levels of care were also available. It was easy to choose Atria Marina Place as Mom's next home. First impressions of the Atria were that it is in a wonderful location with a beautiful appearance and is obviously well-kept. Entering the Atria, I saw that it is a safe and secure building, planned so that residents can easily get around, and has a lovely interior that gives you a feeling of brightness and comfort. The Atria has various rooms where Mom can enjoy activities and entertainment, relax, dine and even get her hair done. The front porch and side patio are also delightful places to enjoy the outdoors while still being on property. There are several apartment types to choose from and Mom's one bedroom "house" even has a view of Marina Bay and the Boston skyline. I would give the Atria building itself an "A". The staff gets an "A+". Atria Marina Place personnel are friendly, knowledgeable, positive, and engaging. Every staff member knows each resident's name. That is because they respect and care for their residents; they treat them like family. They know my name and I know their names, too, because they greet me, make themselves available to me, and contact me with information they think I might want to know (not just need to know). I feel like they happily give my Mom all the individual time and attention she needs and they do the same for me. From the Executive Director, to the Engage Life, Life Guidance, Sales, and Resident Care Directors, aides, Chef and kitchen/wait staff, reception, maintenance, personal care, memory unit "“ everyone -- even volunteers, I am extremely impressed. And when it comes to my Mom's health and happiness, my standards are very, very high. This is not just a flowery infatuation. The Atria was tested and won the day: Sometimes things happen in life that are difficult to deal with and Mom had such a situation. The staff at the Atria faced the challenge head-on and resolved the issue in a personal and professional manner. The Atria staff proved that they're not just capable "“ they are naturals. It has been about three years now since Mom made the Atria her new home. As her care needs grow, the Atria will still be my choice for Mom's home. Mom loves living at the Atria and I love Mom.

June 25, 2012

By Nan and Tony's daughter

I visited 3 different assisted living facilities in the greater Boston area before finding Atria Marina Place. My dad and mom were in their late 80's and it was clear they were missing out on life by staying in their home of 55 years. We brought them to see Atria Marina Place and almost immediately they saw all the benefits of community, comfort and safety afforded to them. Plus, my dad was tired of shoveling snow in NE winters and cutting the grass in the summer. That was over 5 years ago, and even though my mom has since passed away from Alzheimer's, my Dad is going strong at 92! When my mom was in declining health with this disease, it was crucial to her well being and that of my dad to have a memory unit in the same building where he lives. That way my mom could go to Alzheimer's day care during the day and my dad had some down time for himself without anxiety. They spent each evening together in their apartment and it gave them great joy to be together until those final days. The staff is superb!!! My husband and I don't live in New England, but we feel very connected with what is going on in my dad's life. This would not be possible except for the caring and consistent way both he and my mom have been treated. We cannot say enough good things about our decision to entrust their safety, well being and happiness to the Atria Marina Place team.

December 08, 2011

By sethd28

This assisted living community is owned by Atria Senior LIving. It is located on the water in the beautiful part of Marina Bay, in Quincy, MA (home of John Quincy Adams). As you walk into the building it is a little confusing as to find the proper person for reception, but once you do - it is realized quickly that they are new. I went in on a Sunday afternoon, and wasn't overly impressed with the person at the lobby level, but she was a new employee according to her.The community is well built and is large. They said it had over 100 apartments, and that works out well for people coming from an urban setting. It was too big for my aunt, as she is beginning to have the first signs of dementia, and I felt she would be lost in the large setting. It does have beautiful common areas, and nice apartments. As I said, my aunt has dementia and they just felt they wouldn't have the appropriate level of staffing to satisfy her needs. That was unfortunate as I did like the apartments that we looked at during our tour at the community. It was interesting as the sales person taking me around didn't come from the industry, but showed a decent level of knowledge in my opinion.

June 21, 2011

By PhobicRoll

Hi, my name is Kayla. Recently I visited my best friend's grandmother who was staying Atrina Marina Place in Quincy, Massachusetts. She found the place very easy to adjust too, and said for the first time in a long time she felt comfortable. When coming to Atrina Marina that's the feeling you receive. The outside of the facility is well taken care of. The inside provides you with a very modern hotel like feel. The location of Atrina Marina is just perfect, it does offer that very suburban feel. Also having the nursing facility right there is a great convince to the elderly. I know of other places that send a shuttle bus for their assisted living citizens, and are often too far away.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Marina Place

• Occupational Therapy

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Atria Marina Place in North Quincy, Massachusetts

At Atria Marina Place, you'll find a welcoming senior community just 10 minutes from Boston on the seaside enclave of Marina Bay. Invite friends and family to enjoy the fresh breeze coming from the water or participate in one of many daily activities. Atria Marina Place provides convenient transportation to nearby local attractions.

Atria Marina Place offers the following services:

• 24-hour availability of a trained staff
  • A choice of apartments
  • A full-time director for events and activities
  • An emergency call system in every apartment
  • Assistance with activities of daily living
  • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
  • Medication assistance
  • Memory-care neighborhood
  • Scheduled local transportation

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Atria Marina Place