33 Assisted Living Facilities near Norwood, MA
Also serving communities of Westwood.
There are 33 Assisted Living Facilities in the Norwood area, with 2 in Norwood and 31 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Norwood is $4,989 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 182 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Norwood. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Norwood 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Canton with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Norwood, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Norwood, MA
31 Assisted Living Facilities near Norwood, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Norwood
Norwood, Massachusetts, is an old New England town that was once used as hunting grounds by native American tribes. Settled in 1678, the town is home to many historic sites such as the Day House. In addition to it’s rich history, Norwood offers senior residents 64 assisted living facilities (ALFs) to choose from. Two are located in town and another 62 sit closeby. These ALFs offer a supervised residential setting for seniors that may provide services such as organized social activities, prepared meals and medication management. The Massachusetts Office of Elder Affairs manages the policies and regulations of ALFs throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Norwood
- The Norwood area is home to world-class medical facilities, including, Norwood Hospital in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The winters in Norwood get chilly, with an average low temperature of 17 degrees in January and 54 inches of snowfall. Seniors who are willing to brave the cold months are rewarded with warm summers that have an average high temperature of 83 degrees and 201 sunny days for outdoor activities, compared to the national average of 205 sunny days.
- Seniors may feel relatively safe living in Norwood because the crime rates are close to U.S. averages. Violent crime is rated at 37.5 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is a little higher than the national average of 31.1, and property crime is rated at 29.3, which is a little lower than the national average of 38.1.
- Seniors with a severe respiratory illness might have a harder time living in Norwood than in other less polluted areas. While their Particle Pollution 24-hour score was A, the American Lung Association gave them a poor ozone grade of D.
- The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority’s public bus system allows seniors to travel into town for shopping or doctor’s appointments easily. Most buses are accessible to those with mobility devices and offer discounted fare for individuals over 65.
- Seniors can enjoy strolling the green or playing a round of golf at one of several golf courses in the area. The Norwood Country Club & Driving Range offers opportunities to play golf, dine and enjoy seasonal functions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Norwood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Norwood start around $4,989 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Norwood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Norwood
Low-income seniors living in Norwood may be eligible for aid with assisted living costs through the state’s Medicaid plans, the Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC) and the Supplemental Security Income (SSI-G). Seniors also may qualify for the non-Medicaid Supportive Senior Housing Initiative Program for financial aid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Norwood
Norwood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Norwood, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Norwood
Norwood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Norwood, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Norwood
Review of Benchmark Senior Living on Clapboardtree
Benchmark Senior Living on Clapboardtree was my number two of the places I went to, and I liked that as well. It was a new facility, but I thought the layout of where the activities were and where ... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Norwood
*The rooms looks like a use motel. *The staff don't even understand what you talking about most of the time. *The residents enjoy going out. Read more
Review of Sunrise of Norwood
At Sunrise of Norwood, I had a very nice tour and met very nice and knowledgeable people. I got a full tour of the building, the elevators, the lobby, the dining room and what they offer and whatno... Read more