The Falls at Cordingly Dam Newton Lower Falls, MA

Reviews of The Falls at Cordingly Dam

Assisted Living Reviews for The Falls at Cordingly Dam

December 20, 2013

By Renate2

I have found a place for my husband. He moved in The Falls at Cordingly Dam two weeks ago. One of the reasons why I chose this for him was because it was close enough for me so that I could visit him everyday. I'm an old lady and so I don't want to drive great distances and this place is exactly 5 miles door to door. The other thing is that it is an assisted living facility but they do have a floor for memory care people. It is a big facility but it only has one floor that has 28 beds for people with memory problems. It is a locked floor and you have to have a key to get there. This facility has a real atmosphere of caring. It looks to me that people there are really and truly caring for these old folks who have lost their memory. The other thing that is very important to me is that, as my husband decline which is very sad, he can stay there to the very end. I don't have to move him again. The staff has also been very concerned about me because I'm very worried and fussy over everything about my husband, but they all constantly would reassure me that he is doing okay even though I think he is very, very limited in what he can do. They did have a lot of excellent programs there but sadly my husband probably will not be able to participate in them. As a whole, I'm satisfied with this place.

July 03, 2013

By dauny

I never dreamed I would feel my mother so "held" by all of the staff at The Falls. Every request we make is filled immediately and cheerfully, I have such peace of mind that your staff checks in on my mother during the night, and when something happens, they alert me immediately. I know how much organizations take on the character of their leadership, and I am tremendously appreciative for the high bar you set for standard of care and responsiveness. That my mother adjusted so quickly and is so happy is such a tribute to The Falls Staff.

July 27, 2011

By Larry626

Care is minimal, amenities lacking, food pretty awful, and it is very expensive! We have to provide our own care givers for our resident family member at great additional expense. The chief problem as I see it is the conflict between the commitment to helping residents and the need to make a profit. I would recommend that anyone seeking this kind of care, i.e. assisted living, seek out a non-profit facility.

We are very sorry for the experiences you've had at The Falls at Cordingly Dam. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care our residents receive, is extremely important to us. Please contact the Executive Director regarding your concerns as it is our goal to customize care to the particular needs of each individual resident.

Again, we are sorry for any negative observations. Please come back and visit us again, as we strive to make improvements a part of our daily commitment to the residents.

Photos of The Falls at Cordingly Dam

• Diabetic
  • Low Fat
  • Low Salt

About The Falls at Cordingly Dam

The Falls at Cordingly Dam in Newton, MA, is a 90-apartment assisted living community offering both traditional assisted living and The Harbor Program, a specialized program for the memory impaired.

A magnificent waterfall that once powered an 18th century mill is the dramatic setting for The Falls at Cordingly Dam, a Benchmark senior living community. Tucked away in a charming historic village, this is an extraordinary natural haven where fond memories and family traditions thrive. Inside, you'll find a familiar feeling of home with living areas and amenities that have been thoughtfully chosen for your comfort and convenience. Step outside and enjoy the birds and waterfall while relaxing on the deck or courtyard.

At The Falls, providing an independent lifestyle within a carefree environment is our personal commitment to each resident. Welcome to The Falls at Cordingly Dam.

A magnificent waterfall that once powered an 18th century mill creates a dramatic setting for The Falls at Cordingly Dam is tucked away in a charming historic village. Step outside and enjoy the birds and waterfalls while relaxing on the deck or courtyard.

Map of The Falls at Cordingly Dam