52 Assisted Living Facilities near Needham, MA
There are 52 Assisted Living Facilities in the Needham area, with 3 in Needham and 49 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Needham is $6,375 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Dedham with an average starting cost of $4,630.
To help you with your search, browse the 290 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Needham. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Needham 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Newton with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Needham, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Needham, MA
49 Assisted Living Facilities near Needham, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Needham
Needham lies in eastern Massachusetts and is conveniently located just 10 miles west of Boston. Seniors may enjoy exploring Needham’s humble downtown shopping district before returning home to one of three assisted living facilities (ALFs) in town or one of 60 located nearby. The Massachusetts Office of Elder Affairs governs the policies of ALFs. They are defined as facilities that provide a residential setting for seniors and may offer services such as 24-hour supervision, assistance with daily living and medication management.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Needham
- The Needham area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors with limited mobility may have difficulty navigating the winters due to a heavy snowfall average of 52 inches, which is double the national average of 26 inches. The average low temperature in January is 17 degrees, but seniors can enjoy warm summers with an average temperature of 83 degrees in July, so they can explore walking trails and enjoy outdoor activities with ease.
- Seniors and their loved ones can feel safe and secure living in Needham due to the low crime rates. Violent crime is rated at 20.2 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is significantly lower than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 19.3, quite low compared to the national average of 38.1.
- The air quality in Needham could be a potential concern for some seniors. While the American Lung Association gave this area a Particle Pollution 24-hour score of A, the ozone score was ranked a D which could aggravate the health of those with a respiratory illness.
- Seniors can easily get from place to place in Needham using the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority’s public bus system. Buses are handicap accessible and offer discounted fare to seniors.
- Seniors who enjoy the performing arts can choose from three theatres located right in Needham: Theater on the Roof, Arlekin Players Theatre, or the Needham Community Theatre.
Paying for Assisted Living in Needham
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Needham start around $6,375 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Needham and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Needham
Seniors on a budget who are eligible may apply to the Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC) and the Supplemental Security Income (SSI-G), both state Medicaid programs, to receive financial aid for covering assisted living costs. Seniors may also apply to the non-Medicaid plan, the Supportive Senior Housing Initiative Program, for help with these costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Needham
Needham and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Needham, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Needham
Needham-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Needham, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Needham
Review of North Hill
My father lives in this facility. It has both good and not-so-good points. The nurses are very good and so are the restaurant/cafe dining areas. The cleanliness is not great and they have a real... Read more
Review of Wingate Residences at Needham
My parents will be moving to The Residences at Wingate. It's a relatively new place at only three years old. It has a very nice, clean feeling, a lot of lights, very open, and on the smaller side. ... Read more
Review of North Hill
I have been in North Hill for five years now, and I'm very pleased with it. It's been a great experience, and the level of care is outstanding. I don't have any complaints or concerns at all. Every... Read more