80 Assisted Living Facilities near Weston, MA
There are 80 Assisted Living Facilities in the Weston area, with 2 in Weston and 78 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Weston is $7,534 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include Wayland with an average starting cost of $5,957.
To help you with your search, browse the 425 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Weston. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Weston 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wayland with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Weston, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Weston, MA
78 Assisted Living Facilities near Weston, MA
Promotion ends in 3 days!
Spring Promotion: Moving Made Easy. For new residents: $500 Off the Community Fee, 1/2 Off First ... (more)
Promotion ends in 252 days!
Half off the one time community fee for any private pay resident signing with us.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Weston
Review of Maplewood at Weston
As an outside vendor, I have been caring for patients at Maplewood for several years as a hospice nurse. The extended nursing hours is key and the nursing staff is very helpful in making sure my ... Read more
Review of Maplewood at Weston
Maplewood is an exceptional senior living facility. Our mom has been living there for about 6 months and we couldn’t be more satisfied. The staff, especially Ellen Davis, is terrific—very caring an... Read more
Review of Maplewood at Weston
My parents are here and I'm not pleased with the facility. The building is very nice and has been under renovation for six months. The staff is friendly. However, getting their money is their#1 pr... Read more
Assisted Living near Middlesex County, MA
More Options Near Weston, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Weston
Weston is a small town in Massachusetts, located approximately 15 miles west of downtown Boston. Its population as of July 2017 is 12,150 residents, and of these, 19.7 percent of them are age 65 or over. To accommodate this elderly population, the Weston area is home to 49 assisted living facilities, with two located in Weston and another 47 located in nearby communities, such as Brighton, Needham, Newton, Waltham and Boston.
Assisted living communities are officially known as Assisted Living Residences (ALRs) in Massachusetts. The state's Executive Office of Elder Affairs (EOEA) is responsible for their regulation and certification.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Weston
- Climate in Weston is relatively pleasant for much of the year. Summer and spring tend to be warm, and the average high in July is around 83 degrees. Winters tend to be cold and snowy, which is an important consideration for seniors who find this type of weather challenging. Weston receives an average of 49 inches of snow each year.
- Seniors can feel extremely safe living in Weston since crime is very low. On a scale of one (low crime) to 100 (high crime), Weston falls at 13 for violent crime and 11.1 for property crime. These figures are both lower than the state averages of 21.1 for property crime and 31.6 for violent crime.
- Weston has two commuter rail stops, Hastings and Kendal Green, both in town, on the Fitchburg route, that travels to North Station in Boston. Seniors can pay reduced fares if they're 65 or older and use a Senior CharlieCard.
- The cost of living in Weston is quite expensive, more expensive than state averages and many surrounding areas. On a cost of living index where the national average is 100, Weston's cost of living is 312. This is far above the state average of 139. Housing is the biggest factor in this cost of living difference. When looking at housing as a single factor, Weston's score is 775, compared to Massachusetts at 210.
- The Weston area is home to world-class medical facilities, including nearby Newton-Wellesley Hospital in Newton, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Massachusetts is moderately tax-friendly to retirees. The state fully exempts Social Security benefits and income from a public pension fund, which helps keep more money in seniors' pockets to cover assisted living expenses. However, the state does apply their income tax rate of 5.1 percent to all other forms of retirement income, including a 401k, IRA or private pension.
Paying for Assisted Living in Weston
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Weston start around $7,534 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Weston and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Weston
MassHealth, which is the Medicaid State Plan in Massachusetts, pays for assisted living services in ALRs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Weston
Weston and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Weston, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Weston
Weston-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.