20 Assisted Living Facilities near Wayland, MA
Also serving communities of Sudbury.
There are 20 Assisted Living Facilities in the Wayland area, with 3 in Wayland and 17 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Wayland is $5,957 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Framingham with an average starting cost of $3,973.
To help you with your search, browse the 139 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wayland. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wayland 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Weston with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wayland, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Wayland, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wayland
Wayland is a quiet, peaceful community located in the MetroWest region of Massachusetts. The town prides itself on its efforts to preserve of natural resources and local history. Its population as of July 2017 is 13,954, and 17.8 percent of these residents are age 65 or over. To accommodate this population of seniors, there are 20 assisted living communities, known as Assisted Living Residences (ALRs), in the Wayland area.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wayland
- The weather in Wayland is relatively comfortable year-round. The area averages around 201 sunny days a year, which offer plenty of outdoor opportunities for seniors. Winters are cold and snowy in Wayland, as they are in much of New England. Wayland receives an average of 48 inches of snow each year, and the average low in January is around 16 degrees.
- The cost of living in Wayland is more expensive than many other regions of Massachusetts, and seniors may want to keep this in mind as they consider their assisted living budgets. On a cost of living index where 100 is the national average, the cost of living in Wayland is almost twice that at 199. This is much higher than the Massachusetts average of 139. Housing is the biggest factor in cost of living differences: Wayland's housing score is 400, about twice the Massachusetts average of 210.
- Crime is extraordinarily low in Wayland, so seniors can have peace of mind and safely live in this community. Violent crime in Wayland ranks at 12.5 and property crime at 9.1 on a scale of one (low crime) to 100 (high crime). These numbers are well below the national averages, state averages and Boston-Cambridge-Metro area crime rate averages.
- Wayland has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Council on Aging, an organization that provides programs and outreach services on behalf of Wayland seniors to help enhance their quality of life.
- The Wayland area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Framingham Union Hospital, part of MetroWest Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Massachusetts is considered to be relatively tax-friendly towards retirees. Income from Social Security and public pension funds are tax exempt, but retirement income from other accounts, including 401ks, IRAs and private pensions are fully taxed at the state income tax rate of 5.1 percent.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wayland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Wayland start around $5,957 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wayland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wayland
Medicaid's State Plan in Massachusetts, called MassHealth, pays for services in Assisted Living Residences but not room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wayland
Wayland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wayland, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wayland
Wayland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wayland
Review of Sunrise of Wayland
Sunrise of Wayland had a very pleasant and warm atmosphere. The staff looked courteous and professional. The rooms and the activities seemed very nice. They had a social room, some off-site trips o... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Wayland
My aunt moved into sunrise of Wayland. It's great, they're very attentive, caring, they anticipate a lot of her needs, it's a very stable and welcoming environment, and the level of care is excelle... Read more
Review of Carriage House at Lee’s Farm
My mother moved into the assisted living of Carriage House at Lee's Farms, but now she's in memory care. It's a very lovely community, the people are very friendly, and they're very responsive. It'... Read more