14 Assisted Living Facilities near Framingham, MA
Also serving communities of Ashland.
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Framingham area, with 3 in Framingham and 11 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Framingham is $4,122 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Marlborough with an average starting cost of $2,300.
To help you with your search, browse the 102 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Framingham. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Framingham 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wayland with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Framingham, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Framingham, MA
11 Assisted Living Facilities near Framingham, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Framingham
Framingham is a thriving suburb of Boston, Massachusetts. Its history stretches back to pre-Colonial times and the city prides itself on the diverse economy and cultural opportunities. 20.4 percent of Framingham's population of 63,000 are seniors over 65. To care for these folks, the city boasts 25 assisted living facilities. The State of Massachusetts regulates assisted living facilities in Framingham via the Executive Office of Elder Affairs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Framingham
- Framingham weather is marked by four distinct seasons, with warm and humid summers and cold, snowy winters. July high temperatures average 83 degrees, while January lows dip down to an average of 15. Seniors who are sensitive to cold temperatures or have difficulty negotiating icy surfaces may not enjoy living here.
- The cost of living in Framingham is 146.4 compared to a U.S. average of 100. Housing costs in Framingham are much higher than the national average, at 225 compared to the base of 100. Grocery and healthcare costs are closer to the mean, however, coming in at 105.7 and 83, respectively. The higher housing costs may affect assisted living costs.
- On a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest, violent crime rates in Framingham are 42.3 compared to the U.S. average of 31.1. Property crimes are also higher, at 419. compared to the national average of 38.1. Seniors are advised to use caution and common sense when venturing out.
- Framingham is serviced by the MetroWest Regional Transit Authority, providing fixed route bus services in the town and into Boston. Seniors and those with a qualifying disability are eligible for reduced fares.
- Framingham is home to world-class medical facilities, including MetroWest Medical Center and Framingham Union Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Framingham, as a suburb of Boston, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Framingham
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Framingham start around $4,122 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Framingham and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Framingham
The State of Massachusetts supplements the federal SSI benefits for seniors going into assisted living. The State Supplement Program (SSP) offers assisted living supplemental payments depending on the individual's living arrangements. This is referred to as SSI-G. SSI-G beneficiaries use the benefit to “buy” room and board in assisted living. The program is income-based and is open to all those who qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Framingham
Framingham and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Framingham, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Framingham
Framingham-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Framingham, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Framingham
Review of Heritage at Framingham Senior Living
My visit to Heritage at Framingham Senior Living was fine. I think the apartments were small for what my mom wanted, but they were fine. The staff was good, nice, and welcoming. All the amenities w... Read more
Review of Brookdale Cushing Park
Brookdale Cushing Park would have been my second choice. I liked the facility. It's in the middle of the park so the outside was just absolutely beautiful, and really nice. They have a library, and... Read more
Review of Brookdale Cushing Park
Brookdale Cushing Park has only two meals daily and assigned dinner seating. It has a $3,250 buy-in and you have 1-bedrooms and cottages. It was nice. I had an appointment, but the person I was sup... Read more