Framingham is a bustling city with a history that dates back to pre-Colonial times. Its proximity to central Boston and beautiful architecture make it popular with families and seniors, and 15.7% of its 74,416 population are aged 65 or over. The MetroWest Medical Center is highly rated in cardiology and COPD treatments, and the city’s Council on Aging runs a variety of programs and services for seniors.

Nursing home care in Framingham costs an average of $12,486 per month, which is far more than the national average for a semiprivate room in a nursing facility. Nursing homes provide skilled nursing care 24 hours a day, which means they need caregivers and nurses on-site at all times. Seniors who do not require such hands-on, constant care may find assisted living is a better option both practically and financially. Those who prefer to live in their own homes but still need some support could consider home healthcare services.

This guide looks at the cost of nursing home care in Framingham and also lists some local resources that may help seniors either delay nursing home placement or access the support services they need to make the transition.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Framingham, MA

St Patrick’s Manor

863 Central Street, Framingham, MA, 01701

My mom had been treated for lung cancer and copd. I told the staff that my mom was very sick and weak and needed lots of bed rest. They insisted everyday that she dress and sit in the hallway. Her roo … (read more)

Oak Knoll Healthcare Center

9 Arbetter Drive, Framingham, MA, 01701

Very nice place to drive up to and equally appealing on the inside. One of my Aunts was there, and she was comfortable. It was a short stay and we weren’t sure what to expect as this was our first t … (read more)

Carlyle House

342 Winter Street , Framingham, MA, 01701

My mother was placed to Carlyle House. I cannot be happier with care and staff. They make her comfortable and relaxed, they bring physical therapist and dietitian to her, they consider her likes and … (read more)

Casa de Ramana

485 Franklin Street, Framingham, MA, 01702

Try NOT to be put here unless it’s a short stay. The staff is REALLY slow, like I’ve been waiting for my meds incl. my Anxiety pills. So needless say I’m a mess. All and all it’s a ok … (read more)

Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility

97 Bethany Road , Framingham, MA, 01701

Countryside Nursing Home Inc

153 Winter Street, Framingham, MA, 01702

The Reservoir Center for Health and Rehabilitation

400 Bolton Street, Marlborough, MA, 01752

My mother was here for several weeks in the short-term rehab section. While, we did encounter two, kind caring staff members (On an RN and one an LPN), the majority of the staff could care less about … (read more)

Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Ctr – Natick

3 Vision Drive, Natick, MA, 01760

Beaumont in Natick is outstanding. My grandparents were in a sister facility in Westborough and they both got wonderful care. So, when my mother got ill, the first place I called was Beaumont in Westb … (read more)

Mary Ann Morse Nursing & Rehabilitation

45 Union Street, Natick, MA, 01760

My father is now at Mary Ann Morse Nursing Home. The care is fantastic. The staff is very good. It is a sought-after place within the area. I’ve never been inside his room because of COVID, but we did … (read more)

Newton Wellesley Center for Alzheimer’s Care

694 Worcester Street, Wellesley, MA, 02482

My mom is at Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation Newton and Wellesley. The place is nice and she’s been there for 7 months now. She was put in this facility after surgery from the hospital. There are t … (read more)

Sudbury Pines Extended Care

642 Boston Post Road, Sudbury, MA, 01776

Following a total knee replacement, I spent 16 nights in rehab/recovery at Sudbury Pines. I was in considerable pain from the surgery. The nurses, CNAs and the rest of the staff did everything possibl … (read more)

Whittier Rehabilitation Hospital

150 Flanders Rd, Westborough, MA, 01581

Rooms are well organized and clean. A bit small but my dad has a great view of the outside. Staff is very friendly and helpful. When you engage with them they are more than willing to share what they … (read more)

Royal Wayland Nursing and Rehabilitation

188 Commonwealth Road , Wayland, MA, 01778

This facility provided very poor quality patient care. The food director makes a genuine effort to im[rove the quality of the meals. The staff at times seems to be put off by the residents. They d … (read more)

Timothy Daniels House

84 Elm Street, Holliston, MA, 01746

I have not seen my mom now for 75 days. I callled the Ma. AG and filed a complaint,Department of Elder affairs,Department of public health, and still no visit! The facility has been covid free for ove … (read more)

Marlborough Hills Healthcare Center

121 Northboro Road , Marlborough, MA, 01752

Marlborough Hills Healthcare Center is located in a quaint neighborhood on the west side of Marlborough, Massachusetts. Residents speak highly of the holiday dinners and festivities held thr … (read more)

Beaumont Rehab & Skilled Nursing Ctr – Westboro

3 Lyman Street, Westborough, MA, 01581

My relative is at the rehab center and she is alone 24/7. No one comes to talk to her and no one takes her out of her room. I have to constantly call to have them check on her and provide her with som … (read more)

Wingate at Sudbury

136 Boston Post Road, Sudbury, MA, 01776

My father went here for rehab after an extended hospital stay. They were supposed to help recondition him so he could return home. They did little to nothing, despite my father being willing and eag … (read more)

Campion Health Center

319 CONCORD ROAD, Weston, MA, 02493

Marie Esther Health Center INC

720 Boston Port Rd, Marlborough, MA, 01752

Riverbend Of South Natick

34 Lincoln Street South, Natick, MA, 01760

Nursing Home Costs in Framingham, Massachusetts

The average monthly cost of a semiprivate room in a nursing home in Framingham is $12,486. Private rooms typically cost $13,079 per month.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Nursing homes in Framingham are much more expensive than the national average, with a semiprivate room typically costing $12,486 per month, compared to the national average of $7,756. Fees are close to the statewide average of $12,623.

Pittsfield ($11,102) and Springfield ($11,568) are the most affordable cities in Massachusetts when it comes to nursing home care. Fees are much higher towards the coast, with Barnstable Town ($13,326) and Boston ($13,383) being the most expensive cities in the state.

$12486

$11568

Springfield

$11102

Pittsfield

Note: Data for Framingham was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Worcester, was used instead.

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Nursing home care costs are more than double the amount of other types of senior care, which makes it important to choose the level of care and environment best suited to you or your loved one’s needs. The most affordable option is adult day health care at $1,517, which is delivered during daytime hours in a group setting. Home care ($5,602) and home health care ($5,510) are provided in the senior’s own home, while assisted living offers room and board and help with the activities of daily living for $5,448 per month.

$5602

Adult day health care

$5448

Assisted living

$12486

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$13079

Nursing home (private room)

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Framingham, Massachusetts

Free Resources for Seniors in Framingham, Massachusetts

The following resources are beneficial to Framingham seniors. They may make it easier to remain at home, delaying the transition to nursing home care. They may also make nursing home care more attainable and easier to navigate once it is needed.

ResourceContact Service
Council on Aging

The Council on Aging operates the Callahan Center in Framlington. It provides various services for older adults, including referrals to support organizations, help with benefits and information about social and health programs.
Age Strong(617) 635-4366
Age Strong is an Area Agency on Aging that supports older adults living in Boston. The commission offers various services for local seniors and serves as a central contact point for other local services.
Meals on Wheels BayPath(508) 573-7200
Meals on Wheels Baypath operates an Elder Nutrition Program (ENP) that includes nutrition counseling and education, congregate nutrition and home-delivered meals for those who are less mobile. The program helps seniors maintain healthy diets, fights food insecurity and combats social isolation by giving clients the chance to get valuable social interaction every day.
BayPath Elder Services(508) 573-7200
BayPath Elder Services empowers seniors to live their lives with dignity and retain their independence as much as possible through a program of caregiver support, advice options counseling and access to care services. It works directly with seniors and also supports caregivers and loved ones.
MetroWest Center for Independent Living(508) 875-7853
The MetroWest Center for Independent Living is an organization that helps individuals gain freedom from nursing homes and other institutional settings by helping them get the skills and support they need to live independently. It provides individualized support and teaches practical skills to help people be active participants in their local communities.