Royal Wayland Nursing and Rehabilitation

Reviews of Royal Wayland Nursing and Rehabilitation

Nursing Home Reviews for Royal Wayland Nursing and Rehabilitation

January 26, 2016

By Guy Who Grew Up in Wayland

This a place that is homey, with a staff that is kind and generally quite attentive. It is family owned, and does not have some of the fancier elements you might find in a chain. But it does have a staff who know the patients and who pay attention to them. My Father has now been there a year, and is likely to remain there for the duration of his life. They are flexible in having him come in and out when we want to bring him to a family event, they keep track of his things, such as hearing aids, which is not something he can now do, they respond to his concerns and alert us promptly if he is off-kilter or there is a problem. He is generally happy there, and views it to be his home for this phase of his life. From my perspective, it's more of a long-term care facility than one for intensive rehabilitation. My father came here after his intensive rehab concluded following an operation on a broken hip. The patients generally have some elements of memory loss and very senior geriatric troubles, but kindness combined with getting the basics done well are its core competencies. We are glad we have this place available for him, my mother, and our family during this 10th decade of his life. We have come to trust them to maintain my Father's physical safety and mental well being.

June 12, 2015

By miller16

When you walk into the facility it does not look like your run of the mill nursing facility. There are no hard wood floors or modern decor however you get an immediate feeling of home, which is refreshing compared to the 3 other institutionalized looking nursing facilities I viewed when looking for placement for my mom. This place is amazing, the care the nurse's and aides provided to my mother was phenomenal. The staffing ratios are much higher than the state guidelines for nursing homes, and the people that work there are friendly, informative, and caring. In addition to the outstanding care provided, the owner also took the time to sit down with my family and work on the best plan of care for my mom. Another thing I loved about this place is that it is that the owner is the Nurse Practitioner on staff there and would be directly observing my mother which gave me a sigh of relief. Additionally the small size of this facility was a perfect fit for my mother, who sufferers from Dementia, because unlike over sized facilities my mother always has the same caregivers which gives her a sense of security. Lastly this may seem minute, however when you walk into this "nursing home" it does not have that urine odor to it.

June 04, 2015

By drummer boy

When my mom was first at the facility they seem to bend over backwards for there residents great activies department I use to sit in on activies with mom had wonderful games trivia even cooking classes made pizxa one day. Facility was clean employees were friendly. Kitchen staff very accommodating to needs of all residents. I was very happy and mom seemed very happy. Now I cant say that activities is playing a game with only a few residents whree others are in front of a tv or in recliner s wanting to get out and being told no they have to sit. My mom is found constantly still sitting at the table after meals .not being brought over to activities. There's not enough stimulation for residents who cant play a board game there's alot of staff turn over now which in the pass I did not see and moms been there 5 years. Sad to say but were moving mom from this facility . To bad its gone down hill. Owner and director don't seem to care about whats going on

May 10, 2014

By Iris Violet

poor individualized nursing care, all treated same regardless of need, patients not toileted: bathrooms are very tiny and do not fit wheelchairs or walkers. poor nursing knowledge of effects of mobility, dependent patients spend many hours sitting in wet diapers. would not recommend

Photos of Royal Wayland Nursing and Rehabilitation

Services and Amenities of Royal Wayland Nursing and Rehabilitation

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Royal Wayland Nursing and Rehabilitation

Royal Wayland has been providing skilled nursing services to this peaceful Metro West community since the 1970s and became part of the Royal Health Group in 2016. Royal Wayland is centrally located in the Village of Cochituate, home to Lake Cochituate, Dudley Pond and hundreds of acres of preserved forests and marshes. Wayland’s intimate, home-like atmosphere offers the opportunity for residents to develop relationships with both care-givers and administrators ensuring personalized attention and the highest quality of care.

Map of Royal Wayland Nursing and Rehabilitation