Brookdale Cushing Park

Reviews of Brookdale Cushing Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Cushing Park

August 21, 2017

By Natalie

Brookdale was very nice. We went to their cookout. We were also given a tour around the building and saw one of the apartments, the dining room, the gym, and the theater. We saw some of the activities that were available, which were very nice. The people were very good. I wasn't aware that the rooms would be so small. Other than that, they look good. The dining room looked like they were all set up for dinner. I think there were four place settings at each table. I don't know how many tables, but they looked very nice. They had a bus that would take you shopping around the area. The area looked very nice. I liked the grounds a lot. It looked like there was a brook or body of water and walking area.

June 10, 2016

By Daughter124020

We are looking to possibly move to Brookdale Cushing Park. The food looks lovely; I had dinner there. I think it is a community atmosphere. The maintenance is on a par, and there are a lot of places to sit. In the lobby, the residents are offered ginger ale or wine to drink while sitting around, which is very nice. They are treated like adults there.

May 21, 2016

By LisaUSJQV

Brookdale Cushing Park is assisted living, and the staff is very nice, but I feel that the director and the corporate people are not very in touch with what's going on. The people that have worked there are wonderful, but I wouldn't rate the administrative people very high. The rooms are average. It's not fancy, but it's clean. The closets are horribly small so don't bring any clothes. I couldn’t believe how small the closets were. The living areas are a little small but manageable. The dining room is very nice, and there are a lot of choices for meals. The chef is excellent, knows everybody's names, and is personable. He bakes cookies in the afternoon and delivers them to everybody. The staff is nice. I just feel they're not managed well by the administrative people.

May 10, 2016

By StanleyZXMBH

Brookdale Cushing Park (formerly Emeritus at Farm Pond Campus) is excellent. We've only been here a little over three weeks, but it has reached my expectations. The meals have been good. I'm happy. They have an exercise room here that I use every day. They have some musical programs, games, movies, etc. I have a private apartment that is acceptable, not fancy or anything, but has everything I need.

April 02, 2015

By Johannh

I am the daughter of a resident, and I am very disappointed that my mother cant continue to have the housekeeper she has known for while and got to trust. Housekeepers at brookdale, from what I understand are under paid for the responsibilities and jobs well done at the Oaks bldg. My mother is paying for a service she's not getting from the other housekeeper she was assigned to. In my opinion that's not appropriate professional behavior the residents and their families are the number one priority!!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss them in greater detail.

January 14, 2015

By fisher

I do not recommend the memory impaired ALF at all. They advertise their safe and secure environment however that is not the case. My family member was able to get out as the doors are easily opened with instructions posted. Their resolution was for me to pay to have someone stay with my family member at my cost in addition to the ALF fees. Not sure how that is my problem? They also are unable to handle any behaviors that may come up including confusion, sundowning etc which is extremely common in someone with dementia. We put my family member here for them to provide care which was not available by this facility. Find another location as staff here are not willing to work with you at all or take responsibility for their lack of staff and security.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. Please be assured that we are passionately committed to serving our residents. Our goal is to provide an individualized plan of care to fit our residents' needs. We will share your feedback to help better serve our residents and their families in the future.

February 01, 2014

By Don27

What I like about Emeritus at Farm Pond was that it was rural. Ironically, what my mother didn't like about it was that it was rural. In the past, they had problem with recording and stuff and they got scolded by the state, but they did say that they had it corrected. In terms of cleanliness, there was nothing bad about the smell. For activities, I think they offered just about everything that everybody else did. Food was fine. There was enough variety of food. Service was also fine.

September 25, 2013

By Patricia29

My mother has moved to Emeritus at Farm Pond. The place is very nice. My mother gets medication, assistance, and she likes the food. Everything is moving along. I like that this facility is convenient to where I live and the staff seems very good.

September 24, 2013

By caring6366

I called Emeritus and their customer service transferred me to Caring.com. The latter then helped set up a tour for me. I met a woman there and she was very pleasant and helpful. She discussed things with me in her office. I thought that outside, the environment was very beautiful. Inside, it looked nice as well.

July 24, 2013

By Benjamin3

We had a visit at Emeritus at Farm Pond and it was great. Everybody was so polite and so helpful. They gave me phone numbers which I can call. Everything looks so nice and beautiful. The area was very clean and very quiet.

June 11, 2013

I loved Emeritus. The rooms were spacious and they had a living room with a separate bedroom. I really liked how the windowsills are really deep that you could put decorations and pictures there. The rooms are very bright with big windows and it was very cheerful. Ed, the one who toured us was very patient, he didn't rush us or anything but he showed us everything and answered all our questions. The commute in going to Framingham, however was a nightmare. I would recommend this place to anybody.

July 10, 2012

By JML123

I visited several assisted living facilities and was most impressed by Farm Pond's consistent attention to detail and their responsiveness to my numerous questions that the staff entertained even before I settled my father in here. The center had different levels of care based on patient needs. It was always clean and never smelled of urine. And when I visited unannounced, could not catch the staff mistreating or ignoring any patients. For my fathers condition, the day was well-structured to include nutritious meals, stretching, mild to moderate exercise, crafts that included motor skills as well as sequencing activities, games, music, and daily bus trips. They allowed small pets and welcomed visitors at any time day or night. The bedrooms were spacious and the layout for the Alzheimer patients was mirrored so that they never felt they "went the wrong way." They also communicated frequently with me on my Dad's day to day outlook and condition. My overall impression of this facility was positive and I would recommend it highly.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Cushing Park

March 06, 2021

By Adam

I worked a lot with Brookdale Cushing Park for my mom, and they were great. I was very pleased with them. We chose it for its location. My mom wanted to stay in her hometown of Framingham, and they were there. She also wanted flexibility in regard to the smoking policy. My mom has been a smoker more often than not in her life, and of all the places in Framingham that I looked at, this was the only place that had an outdoor smoking area where they would allow residents to smoke cigarettes. I actually went ahead, signed a lease, and moved her belongings into an independent living apartment, but she passed away a week and a half after her belongings were moved in. So she remained in the hospital and was not able to move in. Everything seemed to be easily accessible, the decor was warm and inviting, and they were spread out for safety due to COVID, but it was still a warm and inviting place where people could safely connect with each other.

February 01, 2020

By Anne

I chose Brookdale Cushing Park because they have cottages outside of the main building, and I'm not in need of assistance at this point. My tour was great, the staff showed me everything from the dining room to all the rooms available. When I saw the cottages, I saw that I would have easier access to my car and also to assistance. I could get across for the meals and everything else, so it's not a big deal. It was a very clean and nice place. They have a little bit of everything in terms of activities, they have cards, it's got outside pathways for walking and sitting. It's like any other set up, but it just had a few more things there that I could take part of. It's also a third cheaper than where I am now.

January 07, 2020

By Reviewer01052020

Brookdale Cushing Park was nice. They got assisted living and independent living. They offered meals for all residents. It was OK, but it was too restrictive for me. I saw one independent living unit. It was a nice little townhouse that had a garage. The kitchen was reasonable and the unit was OK. I met the staff at the front desk and the woman that took us around were both terrific. The dining room looked nice, but we didn't see a lot.

February 27, 2018

By Beth

My mom just moved into Brookdale. They have independent living, and my mom's unit has a full kitchen. It was great, and we liked it a lot. It had a park with walking trails. The dining room was fine. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable, and very willing to help.

October 08, 2017

By Barbara

Brookdale Cushing Park was clean, and the elevators worked. The rooms were a little small but had full kitchenettes and two bedrooms. They had all the amenities, except for a swimming pool. They had an exercise room with machines, like a treadmill and other things I can use. The food looked good.

July 17, 2017

By Patricia

I left Brookdale Cushing Park in 2015. The place was very nice and very clean. The staff people were very good. There was Bridge, but most of the people were mentally not well enough to play Bridge, so it wasn’t a lot of fun. The dining area was very nice, except that the food was terrible. Basically, they need to serve better food. The price was good.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

June 28, 2016

By Harry626264

Brookdale Cushing Park was very large. They had about 30 or 40 independent homes with garages and everything else, plus independent living in three or four large buildings. We met with the sales director who was very helpful and had a lot of information. We were very satisfied, and it was very good.

February 27, 2015

Emeritus was excellent and we were very pleased. My mother-in-law is in there. They have many activities, like Zumba, reading, trips to outside, and people would come in for entertainment. The facility is clean and big.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Cushing Park

Photos of Brookdale Cushing Park

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Cushing Park

• Detached Homes

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Cushing Park

Brookdale Cushing Park is a senior housing facility that offers a homelike setting. The caring staff offers assistance while respecting each senior's independence, and the peaceful setting, restaurant-style dining experience and activities combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Home-style meals and daily activities add to the residents' experience. Through special events, activities, clubs and ongoing cultural enrichment programs, Brookdale Cushing Park offers unlimited opportunities for residents to get to know each other.

Map of Brookdale Cushing Park