Maplewood at Weston

Reviews of Maplewood at Weston

Assisted Living Reviews for Maplewood at Weston

January 19, 2021

By Mary

I visited Maplewood at Weston. They have no studios but they have 1-bedrooms. They were very spacious and very nice. The person that was there, I guess one of their sales people, she was extremely forthcoming, very knowledgeable, and was able to get a lot of information for me. She followed up with me several times when my uncle had some relapses with pneumonia. She called to see how he was doing and how things were coming along. They showed me the menu. I would like to stay there for lunch, but they were restricted other than the residents using the dining area because of distancing, etc. The facade was beautiful. The setting was lovely. It's a nice location. The building itself was excellent. It was beautiful, clean and well kept.

Hi Mary! Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for Maplewood at Weston. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience.  We value your input and will share with the entire team.

February 26, 2020

By Sharyn T.

My parents moved to Maplewood from Florida in November 2019 to be closer to the rest of our family, mostly in the Boston area. While they have had some challenges in adjusting, as well as some medical issues, my family is really glad we chose Maplewood. The staff is diligent and attentive; the nurses are very capable and caring; the food is good; the activities are often terrific. My folks' apartment is spacious and lovely. In addition, my parents have made friends, are busy, eat well, take all their meds, and get regular exercise, as well as physical therapy. My dad says everyone wants to sit with them at dinner!

Hello, thank you; we appreciate your feedback. We know that moving a loved one into a senior living community can be a difficult decision, and we are honored that we were entrusted with your parents’ care. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you or your parents!

April 25, 2019

By PattersonMatthew

Spacious, clean, beautiful rooms. The residents and staff are wonderful here. The staff at Weston are very helpful and would do anything for their residents. The residents enjoy going on outings, spending time outdoors and seeing entertainers who come in. Highly recommend this facility

April 03, 2019

By Lisa B, Hospice RN

Other

As an outside vendor, I have been caring for patients at Maplewood for several years as a hospice nurse. The extended nursing hours is key and the nursing staff is very helpful in making sure my patients/families loved ones , get the medications that they require. There are many activities in Assisted as well as in Memory Care that residents appear to enjoy-especially the music and live entertainment !! Staff is available 24/7 to help all residents-There are multiple common areas as well as private dining areas that families are able to gather to celebrate special events, private conversations or just have a quiet family meal. They also encourage families to stay in place and adjustments are made to their care plans as to not cause any disruption or confusion to loved ones.

March 18, 2019

By MRC1954

Maplewood is an exceptional senior living facility. Our mom has been living there for about 6 months and we couldn’t be more satisfied. The staff, especially Ellen Davis, is terrific—very caring and understanding. The food is quite good and the physical facilities are beautiful. They try to get all of the residents involved in activities, which was quite important for us, but they respect your privacy as well. The apartments are lovely and well maintained. We couldn’t be happier with our decision for our Mom.

November 02, 2017

By Jonathan48

My parents are here and I'm not pleased with the facility. The building is very nice and has been under renovation for six months. The staff is friendly. However, getting their money is their#1 priority. When your parent goes to the hospital, they still charge for services for 8 days saying the schedule is set, but they manage to resume the day you get back. We have been trying for 10 days to contact the director of residence services and she won't call us back, and we've needed to have an overnight aide as a result. I know it's hard to do research when you need an assisted living facility, but beware.

March 30, 2017

By Denise048738

Maplewood at Weston was very nice but very expensive. The memory unit was recently rebuilt and gorgeous. I liked it very much. The whole assisted living was being renovated. It is big and in the woods. The memory unit seemed very nice. The food was very good. I didn’t observe the activities, but the list looked very good.

November 30, 2016

The rooms at Maplewood were very high class, well-appointed, and well kept up. They have reasonably sized rooms. Quite a posh dining room and no problems with the hallway, but I don’t think it was well managed.

November 21, 2016

By Wendy547350

Maplewood at Weston was in the process of completely redoing the interior. They had both one and two-bedroom apartments. The two-bedroom was in a small size, but it was livable. They had a wonderful calendar of events. They had a very sort of intellectual approach to their calendar. I wasn’t just like playing bingo. They had really good speakers and musicians. The staff was very good in answering questions. When I left there, they gave me a lemon and poppy seed cake. I liked it there.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of Maplewood at Weston. It is always so helpful for prospective families to hear from others of what their own experiences have been. Please continue to provide the Executive Director Ellen and/or Associate Director Suzanna with feedback, both positive and otherwise, in the future. Thank you so much again for your feedback. Wishing you a wonderful and safe holiday.

October 14, 2016

By Haleh746472

We did visit Maplewood at Weston. Some of the rooms were being renovated, but we did get to see one that somebody was occupying already, so we have an idea of how they looked when they’re done renovating. They had a pool, a gym room, and a library. It was very nice. The dining area looked good. It was clean and nice. The staff was very friendly and very nice. What I like about Maplewood was that the rooms had balconies, and that was something that you wouldn’t see anywhere else.

Thank you for your recent review. We are pleased you had a positive experience.

July 10, 2016

By Visitor 104344515

Maplewood at Weston was interesting, but it cost more than what we wished to pay. The rooms seemed OK. Everything looked fine. We did not have much contact with the staff, but they were all OK.

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide other families your thoughts and experiences from your visit. We are happy to review in greater detail the costs for services and care. Please reach out and let us know how we can further answer any questions you may have.

June 29, 2015

By Marjorie19

We visited Maplewood. The apartments were nice, but the place was really big. It felt very institutional. It was kind of dark inside. We really did not like the location. It was very isolated. The lady who showed us around was very nice. The dining room seemed fine.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Your comments are very important to us and certainly very timely as well! We are in the process of a large renovation of the community, including new lobby, dining room, library, spa and salon, and many other common areas as well. The community is actually over twenty years old and we agree, it is time for a beautiful renovation to make the community lighter, brighter and more in line with today's decor and styling. Many of our residents enjoy the community as it is nestled in a parcel of land along the banks of the Charles River. It's quiet and peaceful and there are many opportunities to walk and enjoy the natural surroundings. But, we understand that the topic of location is certainly subjective! The goal of our renovations is to ensure warm, intimate, and inviting "neighborhoods" for the beautiful apartments and common areas. We hope you come back in the coming months and give us another look to see our transformation! Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback.

November 21, 2014

By Caring102060050

I am in Maplewood at Weston. The staff is super. They are very nice. I have a disability,, and they take very good care of me. I am happy with the food, and I don't see any problem. I have a great handicap-equipped room. It is something that I love. If I am single, this is the kind of apartment that I will rent. The security is fine, absolutely no problem.

We are pleased that you are satisfied with your experience at Maplewood at Weston. Please keep us informed of your experience in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Independent Living Reviews for Maplewood at Weston

Memory Care Reviews for Maplewood at Weston

Questions about Maplewood at Weston

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our affiliation and active involvement with the Alzheimer's Association ensure that our memory care program keeps up with the latest advances. All care staff is trained with Habilitation training focusing on our approach to dementia care.

What programs or activities does Maplewood at Weston offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Residents can exercise their physical and mental well-being with specially curated on-site activities. To ensure residents enjoy a diverse cycle of events and recreation, we employ a full-time activities director. We offer different exercise programs such as low-impact fitness activities chair yoga and stretching classes. We provide regular musical entertainment to take a trip down memory lane. Residents enjoy regular trips and outings to local neighborhoods and towns. For residents who are reluctant to participate in social or recreational activities, we offer pet therapy as a positive and stimulating alternative. Residents may participate in recreational activities such as art classes designed to inspire and stimulate mental well-being and instructive community cooking classes. Residents can also join our gardening club. Our community activities roster includes trivia nights and regular educational lectures covering a wide range of academic topics.

What transportation services does Maplewood at Weston offer to assisted living residents?

Complimentary transportation to local shopping, medical appointments, and more

What makes the chef or dining program at Maplewood at Weston exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our savory menu choices feature ingredients from area farms that are delivered to our chefs daily. They joyfully go to work in our spacious kitchen, creating meals and desserts that celebrate the best of local flavor. There are several daily choices available at each meal.

What safety features or security measures does Maplewood at Weston offer to assisted living residents?

By strategically using contrasting colors and patterns as a way to reduce falls and increase ease of wayfinding to important spaces, our purposeful design promotes independence as long as possible. Key areas like dining rooms are conveniently located, and placing our courtyards “hacienda-style” in the middle of the building allows easy, safe access for all. Other safety features include a 24 hour emergency response system, all visitors required to sign in and out upon arrival and departure, as well as the community main doors being secured at designated times in the evening until morning.

How does Maplewood at Weston keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We keep our families informed through routine plan of care meetings with our care staff, as well as monthly newsletters.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are close to Routes 90 and 128, as well as Boston healthcare, arts, and culture. We also have a scenic, natural setting along the Charles River.

What transportation services does Maplewood at Weston offer to independent living residents?

Complimentary transportation to local shopping, medical appointments, and more

What makes the chef or dining program at Maplewood at Weston exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What safety features or security measures does Maplewood at Weston offer to independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Maplewood at Weston provide to protect residents who wander?

Services for residents with Disorientation/Lack of Awareness issues ensure residents are well-directed and receive support in living a healthy lifestyle, and that no one's needs are neglected. The facility supports outdoor leisure hours. Alzheimer's and dementia may encourage wandering as a means of coping with anxiety. Our facility utilizes a locked and secured perimeter to ensure the safety of our residents. Our facilities are secure and the staff is specially trained in de-escalating exit-seeking behaviors. We accept residents with behavioral issues - our staff is specially trained in de-escalating behavioral episodes and our facilities are fully equipped to handle any related occurrences that may arise.

What programs or activities does Maplewood at Weston offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

To ensure residents enjoy a diverse cycle of events and recreation, we employ a full-time activities director. We offer different exercise programs such as low-impact fitness activities chair yoga and stretching classes. We provide regular musical entertainment to take a trip down memory lane. Residents enjoy regular trips and outings to local neighborhoods and towns. For residents who are reluctant to participate in social or recreational activities, we offer pet therapy as a positive and stimulating alternative. Residents may participate in recreational activities such as art classes designed to inspire and stimulate mental well-being and instructive community cooking classes. Residents can also join our gardening club. Our community activities roster includes trivia nights and regular educational lectures covering a wide range of topics. We also provide Brain Fitness Center using Touch of HEART, an emotion-based philosophy of care that each of our associates has been trained in.

What techniques does Maplewood at Weston use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

• Our dining rooms are designed for socializing and creating a multi-sensory, therapeutic experience for all—especially for those living with memory impairment, whose senses, including taste and smell, decrease over time. The open kitchen concept allows aromas to reach the residents well before the plate arrives, and the openness encourages our culinary team and residents to get to know each other. Our chefs creatively prepare dishes daily that are fresh, aromatic, and bursting with flavor to boost our residents’ moods and appetites. Our white tableware and contrasting linens enhance depth perception.

Describe the neighborhood around Maplewood at Weston. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Located conveniently near Routes 95 and 128, we are minutes from the vast cultural offerings of Boston, including The Boston Symphony Orchestra, the Museum of Fine Arts, and the Institute of Contemporary Art.

Costs for Maplewood at Weston

Photos of Maplewood at Weston

Services and Amenities of Maplewood at Weston

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Apt.

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

About Maplewood at Weston

The moment you first visit Maplewood at Weston, you will experience its uniquely tranquil setting along the Charles River, its bright and comfortable atmosphere and exceptional staff. From the stunning water views and vistas of famous fall foliage, our updated interior reflects Maplewood at Weston's renowned design sense, our grand double staircase and elegant dining room. Maplewood at Weston's impeccable attention to detail is evident in every room, every amenity, every finishing touch. All aspects of the community are designed with warmth, quality, and safety in mind.

While there is never a loss for on-site activities, the level of involvement chosen is uniquely yours. Most importantly, the caring staff of Maplewood at Weston is committed to providing a healthy, stimulating, and enjoyable environment where residents may thrive.

Map of Maplewood at Weston