18 Assisted Living Facilities near Wrentham, MA
There are 18 Assisted Living Facilities in the Wrentham area, with 2 in Wrentham and 16 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Wrentham is $3,760 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Franklin with an average starting cost of $3,647.
To help you with your search, browse the 161 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wrentham. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wrentham 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wrentham, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Wrentham, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wrentham
Wrentham prides itself on being one of the oldest towns in Massachusetts and is home to the city’s treasured Wampum House, one of the oldest structures in the area. In addition to exploring rich New England history, seniors have their pick of 39 assisted living facilities (ALFs) in this area. ALFs are regulated by the Massachusetts Office of Elder Affairs and are defined as facilities that may provide services such as medication management, meals and assistance with daily living to seniors in a supervised, residential setting.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wrentham
- The Wrentham area is home to world-class medical facilities, including, Sturdy Memorial Hospital in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors can enjoy warm summers and 201 sunny days in Wrentham, compared to the U.S. average of 205 sunny days. Summers have an average high temperature of 83 degrees Fahrenheit in July, and the winters have an average low temperature of 17 degrees in January. Seniors may find it difficult to be active all year round due to a heavy annual snowfall of 45 inches in the winter months.
- The crime rate in Wrentham is low, which may make seniors and their loved ones feel more secure. Violent crime is rated at 17.7 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is quite a bit lower than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is also low, rated at 29.3, compared to the national average of 38.1.
- Seniors with severe respiratory illnesses should consider how living in Wrentham could affect their health. While they received a "good" Particle Pollution 24-hour score of "A" from the American Lung Association, their score was "poor" with a "D" mark for ozone quality.
- Thanks to GATRA, the public bus system serving the area, seniors can maintain a level of independence in Wrentham. Half-fare and Dial-A-Ride services are available to seniors and the disabled.
- Leisure entertainment for seniors includes playing a round of golf at the Wentworth Hills Country Club in nearby Plainville or seeing a live show at the Marilyn Rodman Performing Arts Center, in Foxborough.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wrentham
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Wrentham start around $3,760 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wrentham and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wrentham
Seniors on a budget may qualify for two Medicaid programs: the Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC) and the Supplemental Security Income (SSI-G), for help paying for assisted living in Wrentham. There is one non-Medicaid plan, the Supportive Senior Housing Initiative Program, that seniors can also apply to.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wrentham
Wrentham and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wrentham, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wrentham
Wrentham-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Wrentham, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wrentham
Review of All American Assisted Living
My husband has moved into All American in Wrentham. It's working out very well. I'm very satisfied with them and I'm very happy with the things they are doing with him. The staff are excellent. He ... Read more
Review of All American Assisted Living
My parents are staying at All American Assisted Living at Wrentham. It's brand new, so it's excellent. The staff has generally been attentive. The food is topnotch. They do religious services, game... Read more
Review of Pond Home
When my loved on first came to Pond Home, they started in the main house. Then we got familiar with Becky when we moved them over to the assisted living facilities. Eventually, we moved them to the... Read more