23 Assisted Living Facilities near Attleboro, MA
There are 23 Assisted Living Facilities in the Attleboro area, with 3 in Attleboro and 20 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Attleboro is $2,995 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 159 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Attleboro. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Attleboro 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Norton with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Attleboro, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Attleboro, MA
20 Assisted Living Facilities near Attleboro, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Attleboro
Just 39 miles south of the Boston metropolitan area, Attleboro, Massachusetts offers seniors an escape from the hustle and bustle of big city life. In 2011, the historic New England City began a series of revitalization efforts to restore the city's downtown area, transforming underutilized land parcels into recreational and residential spaces.
Of Attleboro's nearly 45,00 residents, 14.1 percent are aged 65 years and older. For those residents who need assistance with daily tasks, care is available at assisted living facilities, known as Assisted Living Residences" (ALRs) in Attleboro and the entire state of Massachusetts. Three of these communities are available locally, with an additional 47 options in nearby communities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Attleboro
- While higher than the U.S. national average of 100 by 19.4 points, the cost of living in Attleboro is much lower than the statewide average of 139, which may make the city an attractive option for seniors on a budget.
- The Attleboro area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sturdy Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Winters in Attleboro can be quite cold compared to other municipalities in the same metropolitan area. Temperatures can drop as low as 16 degrees, and an average 36 inches of snowfall is expected annually.
- A low crime rate can offer peace of mind for families of seniors living in ALRs. Out of a possible 100, with 100 representing high crime, Attleboro receives a 12.7 in terms of violent crime and a 28.1 for property-related crimes, well below the U.S. national averages of 22.7 and 35.4 in the same categories, respectively.
- The Greater Attleboro Taunton Regional Transit Authority (GATRA), offers transportation services across 28 communities in the New England area, including Attleboro. Both fixed route and demand response Dial-A-Ride services are available, and seniors over the age of 60 qualify are eligible to receive half-fare discounts and qualify for Statewide Access Passes.
- Attleboro has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Attleboro Council On Aging (COA), an organization that organizes enriching programming and activities for seniors, which is located at the Attleboro Senior Center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Attleboro
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Attleboro start around $2,995 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Attleboro and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Attleboro
Eligible seniors in the Attleboro area can apply for funding to help pay for assisted living from two different government programs: Group Adult Foster Care and Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Attleboro
Attleboro and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Attleboro, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Attleboro
Attleboro-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Attleboro, MA
Other Options in Attleboro, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Attleboro
Review of Brookdale Attleboro
I didn't like Brookdale Attleboro as well as some of the others I've seen. The feeling was just a little different. The facility wasn't brand new and had been there for a while, but it was nice, ve... Read more
Review of Life Care Center of Attleboro
would not let anyone i loved go here dont change briefs on residents very often .sit in urine soaked clothes,therapy at a minimum.someonei knew came out worse than going in.some aides and nurse t... Read more
Review of Life Care Center of Attleboro
My mother Anita M. is struggling. I want to Thank you to Gloria, LPN & Rhonda who have been so compassionate & attentive to my Mom in Rm 218A. Read more