Brookdale Eddy Pond East

Reviews of Brookdale Eddy Pond East

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Eddy Pond East

July 23, 2012

By Lisakrn

This facility made me feel welcomed the moment I drove onto their grounds. The flowers and gardens were well maintained and parking was generous. Upon entrance to the facility their was a guest sign in book and residents were enjoying their day in various activities. I continued to be impressed with the cleanliness inside the building. I was able to locate my client with ease and their room was well maintained as well. We decided to go to an area of the building that provided comfort and privacy. I would definitely recommend this facility to friends and family. It was a pleasure to view and visit this facility.

June 22, 2012

By jnils1

The staff was extremely helpful to my great grandmother. There was someone there 24/7 in case she needed help. The facility itself looked elegant and was a great place for my great grandmother to live at. She made a lot of friends, especially during their meals that were scheduled through out the day. The place also has activities to get my great grandmother active with other residents. Every time I get a chance to visit my great grandmother, she always has a smile on her face and raves about how much she loves her new home. Generally, you would think that someone would want to live with relatives, but with the attention and treatment that my great grandmother is receiving, it is obvious that she wouldn't want to live anywhere else. This speaks volumes about The Wood and how they pride themselves in excellent treatment for the many different residents.

October 31, 2011

By chiara1

After viewing several different facilities for assisted living, I chose Eddy Pond in Auburn, MA.. I found them through a website called "A Place for Mom" which assists you in helping to choose a place for your mother. . Ed was very helpful in explaining how things worked and in answering numerous questions that we had. Landes D. was also very kind and helpful. The room seems to be a bit larger than some other places which made my mother very happy. Most of the residents seemed very content - they were dressed and moving around, and talking with each other which to me was good because it meant they were "still living". One place I visited "greeted" me with many patients who were just sitting in wheel chairs and very lethargic - it seemed more like a nursing home instead of assisted living. . Although some areas of the facility are a bit dated, everything was very clean . I liked the dining area very much, they seemed very concerned that everything be just so for the residents. The staff that I met were also cheerful and friendly.

October 25, 2011

By DebbieDo

Facility is very nice and seems to be well organized. Staff is friendly and helpful all the time. Allot of attention payed toward mom to understand her capabilities. They are working hard to engage mom in daily activities which is a plus. Of course we had lots of questions when mom moved in with medicines and doctors changing her blood work location. Maybe we should have spend more time on this to understand the procedures are changing in which we would have contacted doctor and set up prior to her moving in. Slow at repairing items in room: example screen has been out of the window for 8 days now. overrall I would rate them a 4 (5 being the highest).

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Eddy Pond East

Questions about Brookdale Eddy Pond East

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

N/A

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Eddy Pond East. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Overall population/Age-average age is 90, likes-programs, activities, out trips

What programs or activities does Brookdale Eddy Pond East offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Optimum life, Individualized interest surveys, Be fit, Walking Club, PT/OT/ ST on site, ongoing educational and spiritual programs

What places are near Brookdale Eddy Pond East or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Places to enjoy within walking distance-EP West campus, walking paths, sidewalks

What transportation services does Brookdale Eddy Pond East offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation-Brookdale van available 5X a week, doctors, shopping, errands, out trips

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Eddy Pond East exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Dining program-customized menus for residents, 5 meal choices, Optimum life-low salt, low fat, heart healthy meal choices

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Eddy Pond East offer to assisted living residents?

Safety features-Pendants, falls prevention programs, Private locking apartments, staff on site 24/7, main entrance locked after hours-door bell use after hours

How does Brookdale Eddy Pond East keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Keep families informed-Care conferences, Personal service plan reviews, call as needed, friends & family programs

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Eddy Pond East during daytime and nighttime hours?

Based on our service aliment care plan determines the app. Staffing levels.

If Brookdale Eddy Pond East accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pets-Pet friendly, walking paths for pets

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Senior care training-monthly in-services, LMS, Dementia training

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Eddy Pond East provide to protect residents who wander?

Safety features for residents who wander-Re-assess for Memory care (Memory care provided on campus)

Photos of Brookdale Eddy Pond East

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Eddy Pond East

About Brookdale Eddy Pond East

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Eddy Pond East