19 Assisted Living Facilities near Clinton, MA
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Clinton area, with 1 in Clinton and 18 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Clinton is $4,000 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Marlborough with an average starting cost of $2,300.
To help you with your search, browse the 160 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Clinton. Better rated regions include Marlborough with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clinton, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Clinton, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clinton
Clinton is located in central Massachusetts as part of Worcester County and has a history as one of New England's "Mill Towns." It's home to the Clinton 76ers, part of the CNEBA, who play at Fuller Field, the oldest continuous-use baseball field in the world. 13.4 percent of Clinton's population of 7,300 are seniors over 65. To care for these folks, the Clinton area has 29 assisted living facilities: 1 in Clinton and 28 more nearby. Assisted living facilities in Massachusetts are licensed by the Executive Office of Elder Affairs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clinton
- Clinton weather means cold, snowy winters and mild, humid summers. July high temperatures average 83 degrees, while January lows average15. Seniors who are sensitive to cold temperatures may not enjoy living here.
- Clinton's cost of living comes in at 125.5 compared to a base U.S. average of 100. Housing costs make the biggest difference, at 142 compared to the average of 100. Health care and grocery costs are closer to the rest of the country, however, at 85 and 105.7, respectively, against the average of 100. The higher housing costs may affect assisted living fees.
- Crime rates in Clinton, as in all of the U.S., are measured on a scale of 1 to 100, 1 being the safest. Violent crime rates in Clinton are 47.2 compared to the U.S. average of 31.1, while property crimes are 45.6 compared to the national average of 38.1. Seniors are encouraged to use caution and common sense when out and about.
- Massachusetts does not tax Social Security income, which may leave more money available for assisted living costs. In addition, those over 65 may claim a state tax exemption, and there are several other exemptions for seniors and those with a qualifying disability.
- Clinton is home to world-class medical facilities, including UMASS-Memorial Health Alliance, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Worcester Regional Transit Authority provides fixed-route bus service to Clinton and the other Worcester County communities. Seniors over 60 and the disabled may be eligible for discounted fares. Paratransit services are also available.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clinton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Clinton start around $4,000 per month on average, which is on par with the average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clinton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clinton
The State of Massachusetts supplements the federal SSI benefits for seniors going into assisted living. The State Supplement Program (SSP) offers assisted living supplemental payments depending on the individual's living arrangements. The SSI-G benefit allows seniors to “buy” assisted living room and board. The program is income-based and is open to all who qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clinton
Clinton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clinton, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clinton
Clinton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.