14 Assisted Living Facilities near Leominster, MA
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Leominster area, with 5 in Leominster and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Leominster is $4,649 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 48 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Leominster. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Leominster 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fitchburg with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Leominster find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Leominster, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Leominster, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Leominster
The Leominster Department of Senior Services works to provide leadership within the city government to ensure diverse support services and inclusion of people of all ages. Leominster's assisted living facilities are officially known as assisted living residences, as they are throughout Massachusetts. Five assisted living residences are located in Leominster proper, with another 10 in neighboring towns such as West Groton, Fitchburg and Clinton. At each of these facilities, aging seniors receive room and board as well as assistance with medication management and the activities of daily living, which include bathing, dressing and grooming.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Leominster
- Leominster enjoys protection from storms approaching from the west thanks to the local mountains. Summer and winter weather is relatively moderate, making it a good location for seniors who don't want to worry overly about weather issues.
- Leominster has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Leominster Council on Aging, an organization that provides fitness classes, game clubs and support with health and nutrition issues, as well as one senior center.
- The city features many artistic outlets for locals, including the Leominster Colonial Band, the Thayer Symphony Orchestra and the Central Massachusetts Repertory Theater. Locals come out for the Starburst Festival every spring and the Johnny Appleseed Festival, honoring the city's local hero, every fall, and seniors can enjoy these free entertainment options.
- The entire state of Massachusetts is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The Montachusett Regional Transit Authority provides local bus service throughout Leominster, Fitchburg and Gardner. The Fitchburg line of the Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority connects Leominster to Boston by commuter rail, and those older than 65 can take advantage of reduced fares to explore the region.
- The Leominster area is home to world-class medical facilities, including UMass Memorial Health Alliance Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Leominster
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Leominster start around $4,845 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Leominster and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Leominster
Financial assistance from the government is available for eligible seniors who need help to pay for assisted living. Among other options are the Program for All Inclusive Care of the Elderly (PACE) and the Group Adult Foster Care, both of which are available from the Medicaid and Mass-Health programs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Leominster
Leominster and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Leominster, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Leominster
Leominster-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Leominster, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Leominster
Review of Benchmark Senior Living at Leominster Crossings
My sister is at Benchmark Leominster Crossings, I like it and she likes it too. It turned out perfect for her. It's not far from all the family and she's got friends in there that she worked with a... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Leominster
I visited Sunrise of Leominster and I thought it was great, I liked it. I only met the person who toured me but the facility itself and the look of it was really nice and I loved it. I thought it w... Read more
Review of Manor on the Hill
I visited Manor on the Hill and it seemed like a nice place, a place that would be suitable for my sister. They looked like they had good caretakers. I did not meet any of them, but the tour guide ... Read more