14 Assisted Living Facilities near Orland Park, IL
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Orland Park area, with 4 in Orland Park and 10 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Orland Park is $3,915 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Tinley Park with an average starting cost of $3,802.
To help you with your search, browse the 114 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Orland Park. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Orland Park 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Homer Glen with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Orland Park find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Orland Park, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Orland Park, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Orland Park
Located in Cook County, Orland Park is a suburb of Chicago with over 20 percent of its residents ages 65 and over. To serve this large senior population, Orland Park is home to four assisted living facilities with a further 46 facilities located nearby all of which are licensed and regulated by The Division of Assisted Living, a branch of the Illinois Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Orland Park
- Orland Park enjoys a reputation for safety. The village’s annual average crime rate (per 100,000 people) is 2,305, which is below the national average crime rate (per 100,000 people) at 2,837.
- The village of Orland Park is home to world-class to medical facilities, including University of Chicago Medicine Center for Advanced Care at Orland Park, in the event of medical emergencies or illness. Other outstanding facilities are also located nearby and in Chicago.
- The Orland Township Senior Center, located on South Ravinia, features senior trips, arts and crafts, luncheons, dinner dances, and more.
- Public transportation connects Orland Park to Chicago as well as other area suburbs. Orland Park is served by Pace, a suburban bus and paratransit division of Chicago’s Regional Transportation Authority. Orland Park is also served by nearby Metra (passenger rail) stations on 143rd, 153rd, and 179th streets. Both services offer reduced fares for senior riders.
- Seniors choosing to reside in Orland Park should note that the community’s cost of living index at 110 exceeds the national cost of living index of 100.
- With an average July high of 84 degrees, Orland Park summers can be hot as well as humid. Even so, its winters tend to be more extreme in terms of weather and temperatures. The average January temperature is 18 degrees. Ice storms, blizzard conditions, and heavy snowfalls also occur throughout Chicagoland, which includes Orland Park.
Paying for Assisted Living in Orland Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Orland Park start around $3,915 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Orland Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Orland Park
Orland Park seniors who meet certain eligibility requirements may qualify for financial assistance to pay for assisted living care in Illinois. The Supportive Living Program (SLP) is a helpful Medicaid waiver program that can be used to pay for care available in an assisted living facility. Additionally, the Illinois Medicaid-Medicare Alignment Initiative (MMAI) is available to eligible seniors and disabled people in Cook County.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Orland Park
Orland Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Orland Park, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Orland Park
Orland Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Orland Park, IL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Orland Park
Review of Smith Crossing
Mom entered Rehab at Smith Crossing in October 2019 after becoming disabled. She flourished but then due to age related issues was moved into Assisted living where she stayed until her passing on M... Read more
Review of Heartis Village of Orland Park
We visited Heartis Village of Orland Park and we were shown a sample room, which was very nice, new, up-to-date, and had new furniture, nice granite countertops, nice size closet, and nice bathroom... Read more
Review of Brookdale Orland Park
We did 2 different tours at Brookdale Orland Park, the first time we're very impressed by the place. When my wife and I first visited, it looked really good. They had things going on for the reside... Read more