Only 30 minutes from downtown Chicago, Orland Park is a village in Cook County with a population of almost 58,000, 19% of whom are aged 65 and older. The village has an above-average number of seniors, who love its excellent health care facilities. Several hospitals are only minutes away, such as the University of Chicago Hospital, while in the city of Chicago, there are several medical facilities ranked in the country’s top 20

Nursing home care is an option for seniors who need 24-hour support. Teams of physicians, registered nurses and licensed nurses provide hospital-like levels of care in homelike environments, ensuring each resident benefits from a care plan tailored to their long-term needs. The average fee for a semiprivate room in an Orland Park nursing home is $8,076, which is about 25.7% above the state average. Alternative types of care are available at a lower cost for seniors who don’t need 24/7 support, such as assisted living and home health care.

The remainder of this guide compares nursing home costs in Orland Park with other locations in Illinois and the costs of different types of senior care. It also lists some useful resources for seniors.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Orland Park, IL

Smith Crossing

10501 Emilie Lane, Orland Park, IL, 60467

Smith Crossing is located just off the Orland Parkway and minutes southwest of the Orland Grasslands. Visitors praise the facility’s open layout and the underground parking and are impressed by the ch … (read more)

Warren Barr Orland Park

14601 South John Humphrey Dr, Orland Park, IL, 60462

I came into the facility from back surgery at Christ very hopeful of my recovery. My caretaker and her sister brought my belongings in a Harley bag as it would not fit on the ambulance stretcher along … (read more)

Alden Estates of Orland Park

16450 South 97Th Avenue, Orland Park, IL, 60467

The people I spoke to on the phone were wonderful. The nurses were great. The CA staff found many ways of not caring for the patient. My friend was at the end of a hallway. Only once did a staff p … (read more)

Elevate Care Country Club Hills

18200 S Cicero Ave, Country Club Hills, IL, 60478

This place looks nice in the lobby, but the floor that I visited made me sick to the stomach! the carpet was nasty-I mean NASTY. Dirty, stained with GOD know what. Staff was rude as all get out. Relat … (read more)

Franciscan Village

1270 FRANCISCAN DRIVE, Lemont, IL, 60439

Franciscan Village is a Catholic facility located in Lemont, Illinois, which welcomes people of all faiths and is 27 miles from the center of Chicago. Residents express that they’re happy th … (read more)

Marian Village

15624 Marian Dr, Homer Glen, IL, 60491

Marian Village is a senior community in Homer Glen, Illinois, that is sponsored by the Franciscan Sisters of Chicago, a Catholic order. However, people of all faiths are welcome to reside in these spa … (read more)

Symphony Palos Park

12220 South Will Cook Road, Palos Park, IL, 60464

Very disappointed in the facility. It was great when it was Holy Family and Religious women worked there. It has really gone downhill since becoming symphony. I am looking for a new facility. It is … (read more)

ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation (Palos Heights East)

7850 WEST COLLEGE DRIVE, Palos Heights, IL, 60463

My 92 year old mom passed away at this facility 9 months ago On january 18th 2021. She had lost a good portion of her eyesight within 10 months prior to entering this facility. She then had something … (read more)

Victorian Village Health and Wellness Center

12525 Renaissance Circle, Homer Glen, IL, 60491

My husband went to the rehab section of Victorian Village. It was clean, and he had a large, private room with a TV, a huge bathroom, and handicapped shower. The rooms were in a square around the outs … (read more)

Oak Forest Hospital L T C

15900 SOUTH CHICERO AVENUE, Oak Forest, IL, 60452

I had my rehab in Oak Forest Hospital where I stayed for two months. It was a clean and nice facility. Considering that I just had a stroke, everything seemed and appeared to be wonderful. I had no co … (read more)

Lemont Nursing & Rehab Center

12450 WALKER ROAD, Lemont, IL, 60439

My mother is currently doing rehab at Lemont Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. I’m not very fond of it. It sometimes smells a little bit. My mom’s room is ok, and the upkeep is fair, but it’s not as … (read more)

Avantara Chicago Ridge

10300 Southwest Highway, Chicago Ridge, IL, 60415

The staff here at Avantara Chicago Ridge is very caring and attentive. The rehabilitation is excellent. Their physical therapy and their OT staff are really good. They help me a lot. The menu most day … (read more)

Palos Heights Rehabilitation Llc

13259 S. Central Avenue, Crestwood, IL, 60463

Dirty conditions all over- floors have stains and dirt build up, the room walls are damaged, the particular room had ants on the food tray and walking on the walls. The IV pole base and food tr … (read more)

ManorCare Health Services-Palos Heights West

11860 Southwest Hwy, Palos Heights, IL, 60463

I have a family member that’s in manor care that’s blind and needs assistance with almost everything. She was admitted on February 13, 2020 and on Saturday, February 15th they did get her up and dres … (read more)

BRIA of Palos Hill

10426 South Roberts, Palos Hills, IL, 60465

My husband was in this facility and the care given was great. The staff was so attentive, helpful and so very friendly his experience there was great, very clean and it’s a beautiful place. I commen … (read more)

Symphony Crestwood

14255 South Cicero Avenue , Crestwood, IL, 60445

My mother in law was transferred there December 3, from munster community hospital. The plan was for her to be somewhere she can have therapy to get her back up at least able to get in a wheelchair. ( … (read more)

Aperion Care Oak Lawn

9401 South Ridgeland Avenue, Oak Lawn, IL, 60453

If I can give zero stars I would. I don’t know where to begin. My father was a patient at this facility for only a week. In a matter of a week. This facility did not give him his required meds, mispla … (read more)

Chicago Ridge Nursing Center

10602 SOUTHWEST HIGHWAY, Chicago Ridge, IL, 60415

This is hands down the worst rehabilitation/nursing facility you could ever have you loved one spend time in. Patients wander the halls aimlessly because there is rarely any activities for them, the s … (read more)

ManorCare Health Services-Oak Lawn West

6300 WEST 95TH STREET, Oak Lawn, IL, 60453

I got in the facility at 12 I was supposed to have pain meds by 2 did not receive pain medicine until 10:30 that evening

Lydia Health Care

13901 Lydia Ave, Robbins, IL, 60472

I had a family member that resided there because I wasn’t able to provide the care that was needed. However, I’m also the legal guardian and after learning medication was changed , he was also hospita … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Orland Park, IL

The typical private room in an Orland Park nursing home has fees of $8,532 per month, while a semiprivate room costs $8,076.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Using the average fee for a semiprivate room for comparison, Orland Park’s $8,076 costs are significantly higher than the state average of $6,235, although not so far away from the national average of $7,756.

When compared to other cities in Illinois, Orland Park’s costs are the most expensive in the state. Sometimes the difference is wide, such as in Rockford, where seniors typically pay $5,825. Other times, it’s narrower, such as in Bloomington, where costs average $6,996, Peoria at $6,737 and Kankakee at $6,540.

$8076

Peoria

$6996

Bloomington

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Comparisons with other types of senior care can be useful, particularly if the senior is better served somewhere other than a nursing home, helping families avoid fees of $8,532 and $8,076 for private and semiprivate rooms. Adult day care center support runs an average of $1,614, and assisted living averages $4,950. Seniors who can remain at home can get home care for $4,957 per month and home health care for $5,053, on average.

$4957

Adult day health care

$4950

Assisted living

$8076

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$8532

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Orland Park was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Chicago, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Orland Park, IL

Free Resources for Seniors in Orland Park, IL

Orland Park’s seniors have access to a wealth of free resources, such as the following examples. Other nonprofits focused on helping seniors are too numerous to mention here, but AgeOptions, the Area Agency on Aging for suburban Cook County, is a good starting point.

Resource

Contact

Service

Located less than 20 minutes from Orland Park, Oak Lawn VA Clinic provides a range of medical services for U.S. military veterans and their families. These include primary care, behavioral health counseling for individuals and groups and prescriptions. When necessary, the clinic refers seniors to the Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital, which is approximately 30 minutes from Orland Park and has the facilities to offer a more comprehensive range of care.

Homebound seniors unable to prepare their own meals or have someone cook for them are eligible for this service. The nonprofit's volunteers deliver meals Mondays to Fridays, each meal containing balanced amounts of protein, vegetables, fruits, grains and milk, which correspond to a third of the daily nutrients recommended for seniors. All meals are free, although donations towards the service's costs are gratefully received. Regardless of the reason for not making a donation, no senior is ever refused a meal.

Low-income seniors in Orland Park may qualify for Medicaid, which can cover some or all of their long-term care costs, depending on the results of a screening test. To be eligible, seniors must agree to the screening test, which is designed to determine if nursing home care is the best solution for their needs, prove their U.S. residency status, and identify their maximum annual income and assets.

The Long-Term Care Ombudsman regularly visits seniors in nursing homes to educate them on their rights and investigate any complaints they may have about their care. The ombudsman advocates for seniors while pursuing resolutions with their care providers. Families of residents and third parties can also register complaints to the ombudsman. Complaints that suggest criminal behavior, such as elder abuse, are immediately referred to the proper authorities. Other ombudsman services include providing facility inspection reports to families looking for the best nursing home for their loved ones.