Located just southwest of Chicago, the village of Oak Lawn is a suburban community with a population of just over 57,000 residents, 18.5% of whom are seniors 65 and older. Retirees may be drawn to the community for its charming small-town atmosphere, proximity to downtown Chicago and affordable health care at world-class facilities such as Advocate Christ Medical Center. According to the Genworth 2021 Cost of Care Survey, nursing home care in Oak Lawn is quite affordable. A semiprivate room costs an average of $6,996 per month, which is $912 lower than the average U.S. city.

Seniors who require a high degree of daily assistance may benefit from the care offered at a nursing home. At these facilities, skilled nurses and aides are on site to deliver around-the-clock supervision and care. Individuals who do not need this level of care or wish to remain living at home may also want to explore the options of assisted living and home health care.

This guide includes information about the cost of nursing home care and how it compares to other care options, as well as a list of some of the local resources available to seniors in Oak Lawn.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Oak Lawn, IL

Aperion Care Oak Lawn

9401 South Ridgeland Avenue, Oak Lawn, IL, 60453

If I can give zero stars I would. I don’t know where to begin. My father was a patient at this facility for only a week. In a matter of a week. This facility did not give him his required meds, mispla … (read more)

Manorcare of Oak Lawn East

9401 SOUTH KOSTNER AVENUE, Oak Lawn, IL, 60453

My mother was transferred there from manor home in arlington hghts around 5 o’clock in the evening. They gave her dinner. Did not give her a walker so she could go to the bathroom, she had no idea whe … (read more)

ManorCare Health Services-Oak Lawn West

6300 WEST 95TH STREET, Oak Lawn, IL, 60453

I got in the facility at 12 I was supposed to have pain meds by 2 did not receive pain medicine until 10:30 that evening

Oak Lawn Respiratory & Rehab

9525 South Mayfield Ave, Oak Lawn, IL, 60453

Windsor Estates Nsg & Rehab

18300 S Laverng, Oak Lawn, IL, 60478

2012, 2014, 2018

Smith Village

2320 West 113Th Place, Chicago, IL, 60643

Smith Village is beautiful. It almost looks like a resort. I’ve never seen a place that looked that beautiful before in my life. They have private places where residents can go, like fireplace where t … (read more)

Plymouth Place

315 North La Grange Road, La Grange Park, IL, 60526

Plymouth Place in La Grange Park, a western suburb of Chicago, Illinois, is nestled in a tranquil residential area where residents can walk to the nearby Gordon Park or the city’s downtown area. Revie … (read more)

Cantata Adult Life Services

8700 West 31St Street, Brookfield, IL, 60513

My dad stayed at Cantata for 1 week. He mysteriously died after 7 days. The staff left him laying in feces for several days until we found out and complained. My dad told us some of the staff we … (read more)

Symphony Palos Park

12220 South Will Cook Road, Palos Park, IL, 60464

Very disappointed in the facility. It was great when it was Holy Family and Religious women worked there. It has really gone downhill since becoming symphony. I am looking for a new facility. It is … (read more)

ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation (Palos Heights East)

7850 WEST COLLEGE DRIVE, Palos Heights, IL, 60463

My 92 year old mom passed away at this facility 9 months ago On january 18th 2021. She had lost a good portion of her eyesight within 10 months prior to entering this facility. She then had something … (read more)

Chateau Center Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

7050 Madison Street, Willowbrook, IL, 60527

We moved my mom into Chateau Center Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, but unfortunately, she passed. She was in long-term care, and she was only there for a week. They were pretty good. They were b … (read more)

Oak Forest Hospital L T C

15900 SOUTH CHICERO AVENUE, Oak Forest, IL, 60452

I had my rehab in Oak Forest Hospital where I stayed for two months. It was a clean and nice facility. Considering that I just had a stroke, everything seemed and appeared to be wonderful. I had no co … (read more)

Ahva Care of Stickney

3900 South Oak Park Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60402

The staff here were kind, attentive, and truly went out of their way to help me. Lots of nursing homes are mediocre looking and short staffed, but the difference here was that the employees really car … (read more)

Warren Barr Orland Park

14601 South John Humphrey Dr, Orland Park, IL, 60462

I came into the facility from back surgery at Christ very hopeful of my recovery. My caretaker and her sister brought my belongings in a Harley bag as it would not fit on the ambulance stretcher along … (read more)

Symphony 87th Street

2940 W. 87th Street, Chicago, IL, 60652

My mother moved into Symphony 87th Street. It was convenient for the family to get to her with the location and everything. Some of the staff members are helpful. I don’t think that they give the resi … (read more)

Aperion Care Burbank

5701 W 79th St, Burbank, IL, 60459

I liked Aperion Care Burbank. It was the best one we found, even though they had three beds in the room. The place looked clean. It was the cleanest one. Our issue is that we wanted my friend to have … (read more)

The Grove of Berwyn

3601 South Harlem Ave, Berwyn, IL, 60402

My brother is currently staying at Grove of Berwyn. I can’t go in there, we’re not allowed in. The staff member said when I dropped things off for him they had to have a paper signed for that. The sta … (read more)

Alden Estates of Orland Park

16450 South 97Th Avenue, Orland Park, IL, 60467

The people I spoke to on the phone were wonderful. The nurses were great. The CA staff found many ways of not caring for the patient. My friend was at the end of a hallway. Only once did a staff p … (read more)

2015

Dimensions Living Burr Ridge

6801 High Grove Blvd., Burr Ridge, IL, 60527

We chose Dimensions Living Burr Ridge for my mom for its location. She’s in their skilled nursing part, and the staff seems very caring and attentive to my mom. She’s on soft food right now. It’s good … (read more)

Parkshore Estates Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

6125 SOUTH KENWOOD, Chicago, IL, 60637

Parkshore Estates was good. The room was clean. The staff and the food were good. The residents seemed OK.

Nursing Home Costs in Oak Lawn, IL

In Oak Lawn, nursing home stays in semiprivate rooms cost an average of $6,996 per month, while private rooms typically cost $8,060.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Based on the average monthly costs of a semiprivate room, nursing home care in Oak Lawn is a bit more expensive than the statewide median of $6,266. However, rates are $912 cheaper than the average U.S. city.

Oak Lawn rates are also quite affordable compared to nearby cities. For example, nursing homes cost $7,133 per month in Kankakee and $7,445 in Rockford. Rates in Bloomington are comparable to Oak Lawn at $6,965 per month. The region’s lowest nursing home costs can be found in Danville, where seniors can expect to pay $6,083 per month.

$6996

Bloomington

$6083

Danville

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Families may wish to explore other options when thinking about long-term care. The most affordable one is adult day health care at $1,842 per month. Assisted living costs $4,825, while in-home care and home health care services cost $5,672 and $5,720 per month, respectively. As nursing homes offer the highest level of care, they’re the most expensive. A semiprivate room averages $6,996 per month, while private rooms cost around $8,060.

$5672

Adult Day Health Care

$4825

Assisted Living

$6996

Nursing Home (semiprivate room)

$8060

Nursing Home (private room)

Note: Data for Oak Lawn was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Chicago, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Oak Lawn, IL

Free Resources for Seniors in Oak Lawn, IL

Seniors in Oak Lawn have access to a number of resources to support their needs. They can help seniors and families access information and services to navigate their long-term care options. Others include in-home and community-based services that may stave off early placement into a nursing home facility, allowing seniors to age in place at home.

Resource

Contact

Service

(708) 383-0258 or (800) 699-9043

As the Area Agency on Aging of suburban Cook County, AgeOptions helps empower seniors by connecting them with programs such as in-home care coordination, nutritional counseling, benefits enrollment assistance and caregiver support. It also functions as Cook County's ADRC, which helps seniors make informed decisions about long-term care.

Part of Advocate Christ Medical Center's Senior Services, the Senior Advocate program offers services to help older adults stay healthy and independent. Trained counselors can help seniors apply for health insurance, match them with support groups, and provide information and referrals to services such as home-delivered meals and transportation.

The Oak Lawn Senior Center provides a welcoming environment for residents aged 50 and older to meet, socialize and participate in specialized programming. Activities include exercise classes, arts and crafts workshops, weekly bridge groups, lunches and educational seminars. The center even offers complimentary bus service to and from residents’ homes.

Home Options Path to Empowerment (H.O.P.E.) by AgeOptions is an initiative that helps nursing home residents transition to their own home or other community-based setting. Team members assist seniors every step of the way: finding a home, shopping for essential items, procuring in-home services and getting finances in order.

The Cook County Department of Veterans Affairs provides programs and services to support veterans and their families. This includes helping veterans apply for benefits such as pensions, disability compensation and health services, and hosting educational workshops. The organization can also help seniors apply for a veterans discount card.