Located approximately 10 miles south of downtown Chicago, the geographically small Evergreen Park suburb is densely packed with people, as well as churches. There are 13 places of worship nearby, earning it the Village of Churches nickname, and the total population includes more than 27,000 seniors, as of the latest U.S. Census data. Emergency care is available locally at OSF Little Company of Mary and many hospitals in and around Chicago.

People with disabilities and chronic health conditions may require nursing home care, which provides medical services from certified staff. At an average of $8,076 per month, according to the Genworth 2020 Cost of Care Survey, it’s the most expensive senior care option. Seniors in Evergreen Park who can live safely at home may continue to do so with the help of in-home care services, while assisted living suits those who need access to 24/7 care in a residential environment.

This guide helps seniors and families compare the average cost for nursing home care in Evergreen Park to rates in nearby cities and other long-term care options. It also includes a list of local resource providers and free or low-cost services that serve area seniors.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Evergreen Park, IL

Avantara Evergreen Park

10124 South Kedzie, Evergreen Park, IL, 60805

Management is the worst at this facility. They have made up lies about my stay. I went to go get treatments at another facility and the manager of social services refused me back at their facility. I … (read more)

Mercy Circle

3659 West 99th Street, Evergreen Park, IL, 60655

Montgomery Place

5550 South Shore Drive, Chicago, IL, 60637

Montgomery Place is beautiful. My parents had this spectacular apartment with a wonderful view of the lake that was very peaceful and lovely. They have an in-house, co-owned caregiver company, so when … (read more)

ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation (Palos Heights East)

7850 WEST COLLEGE DRIVE, Palos Heights, IL, 60463

My 92 year old mom passed away at this facility 9 months ago On january 18th 2021. She had lost a good portion of her eyesight within 10 months prior to entering this facility. She then had something … (read more)

Oak Forest Hospital L T C

15900 SOUTH CHICERO AVENUE, Oak Forest, IL, 60452

I had my rehab in Oak Forest Hospital where I stayed for two months. It was a clean and nice facility. Considering that I just had a stroke, everything seemed and appeared to be wonderful. I had no co … (read more)

Pershing Convalescent Home

3900 South Oak Park Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60402

The staff here were kind, attentive, and truly went out of their way to help me. Lots of nursing homes are mediocre looking and short staffed, but the difference here was that the employees really car … (read more)

Symphony 87th Street

2940 W. 87th Street, Chicago, IL, 60652

Our Mother was admitted to Symphony on 87th Street on April 12, 2022. She was placed in a dirty, uncleaned room for quarantined patients. The waste baskets weren’t emptied. The floor was grimy and st … (read more)

Symphony Bronzeville

3400 S. Indiana Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60616

My mother has been a resident of this facility since December of 2021. I just recently visited her at the facility. I was thoroughly impressed with the staff and how they interacted with the residents … (read more)

The Grove of Berwyn

3601 South Harlem Ave, Berwyn, IL, 60402

My brother is currently staying at Grove of Berwyn. I can’t go in there, we’re not allowed in. The staff member said when I dropped things off for him they had to have a paper signed for that. The sta … (read more)

Aperion Care Burbank

5701 W 79th St, Burbank, IL, 60459

Nice facility.. Very clean. Staff was very friendly and very informative with my mother care. I called daily to get updates about my mothers care. Facility allowed me to visit at any time of the day o … (read more)

Parkshore Estates Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

6125 SOUTH KENWOOD, Chicago, IL, 60637

Parkshore Estates was good. The room was clean. The staff and the food were good. The residents seemed OK.

Aperion Care International

4815 South Western Boulevard, Chicago, IL, 60609

A loved one second day at facility for Physical Therapy and I’m already not pleased, bad customer service just getting transferred by staff just to talk to my loved one. Breakfast not served yet at 9 … (read more)

The Villa at Windsor Park

2649 E 75th Street, Chicago, IL, 60649

The location of Villa At Windsor Park was great, and the environment seemed great. They had a lot of different activities. They had rehabilitation available at the location. It was one of the top ones … (read more)

Wentworth Rehab & Hcc

201 West 69th Street, Chicago, IL, 60621

Wentworth Rehabilitation is acceptable. The staff is OK, and the rooms are mostly semi-private. They have a beauty shop, an ice cream shop, and a basement. They do the seniors’ nails and hair, have a … (read more)

Aperion Care Dolton

14325 Blackstone Ave, Dolton, IL, 60419

****OUTSTANDING CARE – PATIENT AND DILIGENT SERVICE – ABSOLUTELY RESPONSIVE TO YOUR CONCERNS**** Our mom is a Stage 6 Alzheimer’s patient with many very difficult behavioral issues related to her … (read more)

Symphony South Shore

2425 E. 71st Street, Chicago, IL, 60649

My mom is now at Symphony South Shore. She has been there for rehab for three weeks now. The room is very nice, and the community room is very accommodating for families to have a semi-private affair … (read more)

Palos Heights Rehabilitation Llc

13259 S. Central Avenue, Crestwood, IL, 60463

My mother is at Palos Heights Rehabilitation Center. She is in rehab. There’s plastic up all over the place. I believe it’s an attempt to stop COVID. You have to fill out a questionnaire on the comput … (read more)

ManorCare Health Services-Palos Heights West

11860 Southwest Hwy, Palos Heights, IL, 60463

I have a family member that’s in manor care that’s blind and needs assistance with almost everything. She was admitted on February 13, 2020 and on Saturday, February 15th they did get her up and dres … (read more)

Bridgeview Health Care Center

8100 SOUTH HARLEM AVENUE, Bridgeview, IL, 60455

My sister’s experience with Bridgeview Healthcare Center has been very negative. We’re not pleased with what’s going on there. They’re very slow about responding to requests and she was supposed to ge … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Evergreen Park, IL

Nursing home care in Evergreen Park averages $8,076 per month for a semiprivate room and an additional $456 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Evergreen Park residents pay $320 more per month than the national median of $7,756 for nursing home care. The Illinois average of $6,235 is lower by $1,841 per month when compared to Evergreen Park. Rockford and Kankakee are both significantly more affordable at $5,825 and $6,540, respectively. Although costs increase further south in Peoria and Springfield at $6,737 and $6,996, respectively, they’re still more affordable than Evergreen Park.

$8076

Peoria

$6996

Springfield

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Nursing home care throughout Evergreen Park and the country overall is the least affordable type of long-term care. Assisted living communities in Evergreen Park are priced lower than nursing homes by about $3,000 to $3,500 per month. In-home care for seniors has a virtually identical cost to assisted living, with averages just above and below $5,000 per month, depending on medical requirements. Adult day health care is the least expensive at $1,614.

$4957

Adult day health care

$4950

Assisted living

$8076

Nursing Home Care (semiprivate room)

$8532

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Evergreen Park was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Chicago, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Evergreen Park, IL

Free Resources for Seniors in Evergreen Park, IL

Local government agencies and nonprofits provide a wide range of services that can help seniors learn more about long-term care, financial assistance and other programs available in Evergreen Park. Veterans can receive additional support via the Chicago VA.

Resource

Contact

Service

Seniors and families can ask questions, discover the options and learn more about senior services and long-term care, including nursing home coverage for vulnerable residents. OCS helps connect people with other service providers in Cook County, such as the South Suburban Area Agency on Aging. This city government office is also responsible for the local senior center at 3450 W. 97th Street, which provides social, recreational and educational opportunities for older residents.

Residents of Evergreen Park and Cook County can find a comprehensive database of the health and social services available in the area. The listings are categorized and provide all the contact details and office locations needed to proceed. Services range from support in the community to help more active seniors to transitional and nursing care resources.

The Jesse Brown Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Chicago provides veterans and their eligible dependents with access to medical services and help interacting with the federal VA. Benefits counseling is available from the local Veteran Service Officers network, which may help cover some or all of the cost of long-term care in a nursing home or elsewhere in the community.