Smith Village

Reviews of Smith Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Smith Village

August 31, 2016

By John180788

Washington & Jane Smith Home is a continuing care place. I’ve been to the assisted living. They have activities, community meals, physical therapy, exercises, crafts, and discussion groups. The assisted living rooms have a living room, a bedroom, and a kitchen. It seems to be a very well run and compassionate community.

November 30, 2015

By Anonymous Sister

I went to Smith Village for a visit. It was nice, but I did not like it enough to choose it. The setting did not appeal to me. Their rooms were nice. Their staff was polite.

June 18, 2015

By Caretakerkid

My mom was in Smith Village in Beverly, and it was a good and caring experience for everyone. They were very attentive to my mom, very respectful of the situation with her and always took very good care of her. The nurses, assistants and even the kitchen personnel go out of their way to make the residents' stays very pleasant, fun and comfortable. I would recommend to anyone with an elderly parent who needs assisted, skilled, hospice or rehab care.

November 21, 2013

By Kelly11

Smith Village was beautiful and very clean. It was an excellent facility but it didn't accept Mom's Medicare. That was the whole hang up. Everything else was good about it. The staff was all good. It had a variety of things to do, variety of restaurants, variety of area. It's a huge place. They had about six to eight dining rooms. The dining rooms looked like they were very clean with a variety of food and specialized in diet. The rooms were very clean, well maintained and spacious.

August 13, 2013

By kiirish

I've visited my friend here several times and consistently find the staff to be friendly, helpful, and caring. Smith Village offers either independent, assisted, or skilled care. Assisted living units each have 2 rooms and a full bath. Meals are provided in the main dining areas but also in the bistro cafeteria where tables also can be used for games or other get-togethers.

July 10, 2013

By Joanne11

Smith Village has monthly meetings for support groups and I went to their support group there. Oh, the place was like a five-star hotel, but it's very costly. The rooms were inviting, very clean, and their staff sort of has different purposes, so they are able to monitor every need. I've seen their eating facilities and they're just beautiful. They've got an enjoyable restaurant, it's very lovely. They have people and various groups and organizations come in on a regular basis. Each group has something else going to keep things active there.

November 20, 2012

By Lin S.

I have been in their alzheimer's support group for 2 years. Diane is the coordinator and her very caring and wonderfully heartfelt attitude is genuine. Everyone is super friendly and nice. I know people who live in the alzheimer's unit as well as the assisted living section. It is bright, modern, and a beautiful place to live. The residents are well cared for and the food is very good. Many programs. Of course no place is perfect, but this one is worth checking out!

November 29, 2011

By sharonmarie

Other

Smith Village is located in the heart of chicago between the Beverly and the Morgan Park neighborhoods. It is easily accessible from the highway and train as well as the bus lines running down Western Ave. As I walked into the foyer I thought I was walking into a 5 star hotel. The furniture and the chandliers were very beautiful. I was taken on a tour of the apartments in the Assisted Living wing and was amazed at how homey they felt. The residents appeared happy and you could laughter echoing through the hallways. Next was the formal dining room where the tables where set with linen and fine china. I was invited to stay for lunch and sample their menu. The food was delicious and prepared by a chef. I would recommend Smith Village to someone who was looking for a home away from home experience for their loved ones.

November 17, 2011

By her fathersdaughter

The facility is first rate. It offers care at all levels in a caring, protective environment. However, it is very expensive. Plan ahead and buy long term care insurance.

May 25, 2011

By commercesd

Visited this facility

We visited the Smith Village while searching for an assisted living retirement community for my friend"˜s mom. We decided to take a look at the Beverly area, located on the southwest side of Chicago since my friend used to live in that area. We found that Smith Village is the only such facility in that region. It is convenient to get to, although public transport options can be limited, which could be an issue for some visitors. The one and two bedroom apartments are nicely decorated and quite spacious - more so than many we saw on the north side. The staff seemed very nice with all of the types of people who live there, from those who suffer from Alzheimer's and dementia to those with simple ambulatory issues. We visited during their annual spring planting, which we all really enjoyed. Some of the other activities they plan include fashion shows and luncheons where volunteers and visitors are welcome. At many of these events, their executive chef prepares special menu samplings which seem to rival local restaurant fare.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Smith Village

February 25, 2015

By Wanda23

I didn't care for Smith Village. I didn't care for the apartments. The apartments that I saw, I didn't like at all. The facility was big, and if you take the wrong turn, you're lost forever. I had a little cafeteria lunch there, and it wasn't particularly good. The only thing I liked about it was that it was located in a community that I know well.

July 29, 2011

By raineday

This facility is absolutely wonderful. Clean, cheerful, courteous and a respectful staff all together made my 5 visits, so far, assuring that all residence were being cared for professionally and compassionately. Top rating for this care residence.

June 22, 2011

By BevDivision

I had the opportunity to check out Smith Village last year when I went to see a relative. I have visited many assisted living facilities before and this place was similar to the others. The place seemed fairly clean and the staff was there to do their job. They didn't seem overly enthusiastic, but weren't moping either. I ate and watched some television. I even asked one of the staff members if there were any activities going on that we would be able to participate in. Unfortunately, there wasn't anything scheduled for that day. If only they created fun activities for residents to take part in, it would be great.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (7) See fewer reviews

About Smith Village

Smith Village. It's more than bricks and mortar. It's a community, one with a history of more than eight decades of dedicated care on the same site where its new campus now thrives. It's a community where active residents pursue their interests, celebrate old friendships and make new ones.

Smith Village's beautifully designed apartment homes enhance the care-free lifestyle and full complement of amenities that residents enjoy. As the premier continuing care retirement community in Chicago's southwest neighborhood, it provides active seniors a warm, welcoming environment with a caring staff.

Designed to support Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's and Memory Support, and Skilled Nursing Care, Smith Village offers residents and their families the security of knowing that assistance and care is available, all on the same campus, if and when it is ever needed.

Smith Village. Beverly's best retirement choice.

Map of Smith Village