Grace Point Place

Reviews of Grace Point Place

Memory Care Reviews for Grace Point Place

October 01, 2018

By Beagle fan

I, my siblings and two cousins are my aunt's remaining family. By fortuitous circumstances, I was referred to Grace Point by one of the social workers at an assisted living facility which has a 2 to three year waiting list. I met with community relations director and was given a tour. From the minute I walked in the lobby door I very impressed by the decor, aroma and especially the lighting. During the tour I met the activities director who gave me the impression that she was quite enthused about her job. Upon leaving that day, I immediately called my sister and one of my cousins and made arrangements to meet with the community relations director the next day so they could see the facility. We unanimously decided that this where my aunt needed to be. Fortunately we were able to secure a residency for her her so she could obtain the physical therapy and more important, treatment for Alzheimer's dementia. Once she was placed, I found the entire staff from maintenance to medical personnel very friendly, attentive and willing to listen and be of assistance. Inquiries, whether in person, by telephone or email were addressed in a timely fashion. We were also very much impressed by the efforts made by Grace Point to educate family members about aging, dementia and related matters. My aunt has now been a resident for two months and the standard of excellence in care has shown every sign of being maintained. My family members and I have had a tremendous burden lifted from us in knowing my aunt is where she needs to be and is doing well because of it.

September 26, 2018

By peacenlove

We entered this spectacular 5 star establishment and I was immediately struck by the fresh aroma and impeccably clean foyer when I exclaimed, "Can I get a room here too!" To say that I was impressed during my personalized tour of Grace Point is an understatement. From the moment we walked through the doors, the director Meredith and the entire staff embraced us as family and I knew this would be dad's new safe haven home. Every phone call, every visit, every question and concern is given full and immediate attention by multiple members of the staff and we can all sleep better each night knowing dad is in a clean, safe and beautiful environment with a loving and attentive staff 24 hours a day. What does dad enjoy doing? What will keep dad engaged throughout the day? What soothes dad? Are all top of mind questions that the staff explores daily to help dad build relationships and bring a sense of purpose and joy to dad's days. The director bought dad a mailbox and the staff fills it with mail because they discovered dad looks forward to that! How novel! How thoughtful! The staff at Grace Point has been teaching us more about dad than we knew. He's treated with dignity and as a special individual and we are so grateful to everyone at Grace Point. They've made this very painful and emotional experience with dementia as positive as it could possibly be.

We love working with your father! Indeed, "Protect, Engage and Love" is the motto of our company that we attempt to fulfill with all residents every day. Our Executive Director Cortney Malinowski is intentional about bringing the right staff to join our team. We also enjoy knowing our residents' families. Thank you for the great review.
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Questions about Grace Point Place

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our employee training program begins with a 40 hour orientation, before resident assignments are given and continue monthly. We believe on-going education is essential to our success and are dedicated to improving staff knowledge on topics related to safety, awareness and memory loss of all types.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our staff scheduling is based on not only the number of residents served but also on their level of assistance needed. The staffing fluctuates based on meeting the needs of our residents, but will typically average approximately 8 residents per caregiver.

What programs or activities does Grace Point Place offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our community is vibrant! We provide daily and monthly calendars to families that provide a complete listing of all scheduled programs. On average, 6-8 resident programs are scheduled each day and 1:1 engagement opportunities are endless.

Prior to a new resident arriving, our Director of Clinical Services will meet with each new resident and evaluate their needs, discuss with the family and activate a care plan. Approximately 4-8 weeks after arriving at the community, the Executive Director and Clinical Services Director welcome each family to a care plan review meeting to discuss clinical questions or concerns. Assessments are repeated regularly and at the time of any noticed change in condition.

What techniques does Grace Point Place use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Family style dining in smaller groups are certainly a driving factor to our successful dining experience. Staff assists residents at each meal.

How does Grace Point Place keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Care plan meetings, family nights, scheduled events and most importantly an open door policy for speaking with the floor nurse, Clinical Director and Executive Director at any time.

Describe the neighborhood around Grace Point Place. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Grace Point is located in a residential neighborhood next to a Christian school.

Is Grace Point Place affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

No, we work with the closest hospital if there is an emergency and coordinate based on family preference if there is a non-emergency hospitalization.

Costs for Grace Point Place

Photos of Grace Point Place

Services and Amenities of Grace Point Place

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: License Pending

• About Grace Point Place

Grace Point Place combines innovation with a highly skilled team and a passion to serve to provide an unparalleled quality of care for individuals struggling with dementia. Located in a quiet residential neighborhood of Oak Lawn, Grace Point Place is well positioned to give you the assurance and peace of mind that your loved one is, at all times, receiving the level of loving care and attention they deserve.

Grace Point Place’s building has been designed to exclusively serve residents with Alzheimer’s and other dementias. Our brand new, colonial-style campus is ideally located freeway-close as well as near popular local shopping areas and beautiful parks.

Our Pledge for the Best In Memory Care

PROTECT, ENGAGE & LOVE

When a loved one has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or dementia, it’s hard to know where to turn and who to trust. Of course, you want them to receive the very best in treatment and care. But you also want them to be treated as an adult with a unique story, someone with personal preferences, abilities, and dignity. That is why we make this pledge to you:

• We will answer all of your questions honestly and completely.
    • We will seek to discover all that is unique and special about your loved one, including their life story and family experiences.
    • We will provide a purpose-filled environment for your loved one that is person-centered to fit their special needs, goals, and abilities.
    • We will provide your loved one with highly trained professionals with a passion to serve.
    • We will keep you and your family connected and involved in every aspect of their care.

Amenities

As an Anthem Memory Care community, we provide a comprehensive set of amenities in areas of wellness, health and safety. They are designed to work together holistically to provide for your loved one’s every need.

• Schedule a Tour

• Fire Safety Program
    • Highly-Trained Staff
    • Secure Community Environment
    • State-of-the-Art Monitoring System

Thank you for your interest in Grace Point Place. Please give us a call the schedule a free tour.

Map of Grace Point Place