Prairie Green at Fay’s Point

Reviews of Prairie Green at Fay’s Point

Assisted Living Reviews for Prairie Green at Fay’s Point

May 06, 2018

By Margaret

We visited Prairie Green at Fay's Point. It was very clean, the people were friendly, and it would have worked out, but my father-in-law decided not to go. We met the cook and the administrator, who were friendly and helpful. The grounds were very pretty, and the location was good. We saw them working with the people playing a game, and that was going pretty well. They have an activity board up on a wall, so people know what's going on, and it looked full to me.

July 17, 2017

By Wilda

Prairie Green at Fay’s Point was nice and pleasant. The staff was friendly and residents were very friendly. The two units that I saw were nice, well conditioned, and clean. The bathrooms were nice and large. They had independent and assisted living, but my aunt needed more care.
Thank you so much for sharing your review of our community! We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

December 07, 2016

By Ms. ABB

My father was placed in an handy cap assessable apartment on the first floor. My father is not in a wheel chair, therefore he has difficulty seeing how to shave since the mirror is low,he is 6'2''. When I asked if the mirror could be raised I was informed that it could not be done. I was then told that if I purchased a mirror they would install it for free. I do not feel that this is his responsibility he did not ask for such an apartment.
My name is Lisa Reed & I am the Vice President of Operations, for Prairie Green at Fay’s Point I would like to take this opportunity to first thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback related to your experience at this community. I am very sorry to hear that your impression of our community was not more positive. I have taken your concern to our Executive Director & I requested that we provide a remedy for your father. We will install a mirror that is at a level that works for your father. We certainly want our residents & their loved ones to have a positive impression of all of our community We will make the mirror installation a priority for your father so he can be comfortable in his apartment. Again, I really appreciate your feedback. It is important to me.

November 26, 2016

By Roslyn401766

Prairie Green was excellent and looked very nice. The staff and the medical staff were very helpful. All of the people seemed caring. They had different activities that I like, and all of that was posted. The dining room was of good size, and they had an activity and craft room. Everything was good for my mom. It’s not on a main street, and that’s the advantage. It’s kind of setback away from the main street. They have exercise and a computer room.

February 29, 2016

By Lucy18

Prairie Green at Fay's Point was okay, I like it very much. They have Wii games and exercises. They have physical therapy if you need it. They have a library and a computer room.

January 16, 2016

By Veronica10

Prairie Green was very nice with fabulous rooms, and the staff was wonderful. It was too big for my mom, though. I played bingo there.

January 11, 2016

By TWS

I have a family member in Prairie Green at Fay's Point. My experience seeing how they run the facility they have great hospitality.The Management deals with any issues concerning the residents on a very professional level. Also the staffing does great work with the residents. They run A clean environment food & entertainment awesome. I would recommend this facility to anyone that have elderly family members. I give this facility A 5stars review.

March 27, 2015

My mother is in Prairie Green for three months now. Right now, I have some concerns. I have gone to management and talked to them about them, and they seem to be working on it. She is unable to remember some things. She needs to be with some of the clients to get acclimated to make it a little bit more familiar and more livable for her. I've had some issues as far as her medications and getting all her medications to her. I've seen the meals and the menu; I think they can do better with them. It's appetizing enough, and they have fruits and vegetables. The training of the staff could be a little bit long term. The screening of the people could be a little bit better. Everybody is not fit to work in a long-term care facility like this or assisted living because they don't have the compassion for older people. She has had a fall since she has been there, and nobody knew she fell. She had gotten up after she had fallen. The next day, they had taken her to the emergency room. When they need to talk to you, they have no confidentiality. They talk out in front of the receptionist or in the waiting room. They don't pull you to the side.

March 10, 2015

By Leslie41

We looked at Prairie Green, and I thought it was a very nice facility also. I did not come in contact with many people there because it was just a tour. But from my observation, they seemed well staffed, and they seem to be very caring and concerned about their people. The rooms were like a studio with a little kitchen attached to it. They were very nice, very modern, and very clean. It just seemed like a very nice facility. I would recommend this facility to others.

March 07, 2015

By Anitra1

I did like Prairie Green. It looked really nice. The one I met was very nice, easy to talk to, and very supportive, and made me comfortable if I needed to place my father there. That would've been one of my choices.

January 03, 2015

By Sheila17

Mom was really pleased with Prairie, and the staff was just alright. I love the staff, the place, and everything they offer for my mom. They have a fitness center for her, physical therapy, a game room, and an entertainment room. They have a doctor’s office there, the rooms were setup very nicely, and there’s enough room for her. It was accessible, and she can get around.

Costs for Prairie Green at Fay’s Point

Services and Amenities of Prairie Green at Fay’s Point

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• About Prairie Green at Fay’s Point

Senior living at Prairie Green at Fay’s Point offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Prairie Green at Fay’s Point, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our senior living community in Blue Island has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Prairie Green at Fay’s Point, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

The award-winning, master planned, “green” Fay’s Point community is a part of a tranquil waterfront redevelopment effort that already includes an 80-slip boat marina, dozens of newly constructed townhouses, restored wetlands, and nature trails filled with native plants and wildlife.

Map of Prairie Green at Fay’s Point