Smith Crossing

Nursing Home Reviews for Smith Crossing

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Smith Crossing

June 28, 2015

By George110739750

I am living in Smith Crossing right now. They have plenty of in-house and out-of-house trips, games, and all that. I went in the independent living section. They have entertainment at night once a week, bean bag tournament, Bingo, and many outgoing trips to museums, shows, and things like that. I drive myself, but if you can't drive, there is a car that will take you to your appointments.

December 26, 2013

By William22

My wife and I are current residents of Smith Crossing, but I am thinking of going to another community. There are a lot of things going wrong here now. They're cutting back on everything. I understand that they cut the nurses one hour and they laid off several people. They're also cutting down on hot water. The dinner menus are all screwed up. They tell you you're going to get one thing and then they'll give you another. They're very poor on that service. Also my wife, who is in their memory care, they can't get her down on time to go to church. They're starting to improve on that but I have been asking them to do so for a long time.

June 22, 2012

By CJWatt

I thought the staff were overall very peppy and cheerful and answered all my questions thoroughly. I observed the way the residents reacted to them, with genuine warmth and compassion. One nurse was playing chess with a resident, and they seemed like old friends...conversing about numerous things as if they'd known each other for years. In fact all the residents I observed looked very alert, not all were happy but most seemed to be actively doing something and no one looked sad or depressed. Some were playing board games, some were outside playing catch, and many were engaged in lively conversations.Living quarters are excellent and spacious with each resident getting their own apartment. The apartments seemed well maintained though I only observed ones that were currently not in use. The ones I saw all contained recliners, coaches, and television sets as well as a queen size bed in the bedroom along with a desk and lamp.Amenities in the main center were nice, such as an enormous library stock full of classic literature as well as some of the latest in contemporary fiction and nonfiction. There was also a pool table, ping pong table, and board games.Overall I was very impressed, particularly with how happy many of the residents seemed to be which I feel is the best way to gauge how well a assisted living facility works.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Smith Crossing

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2018

About Smith Crossing

Refund Plan: 90% of Entrance Fee. Assisted Living and Nursing Care on discounted Fee-For-Service basis.

Map of Smith Crossing