Smith Crossing

Assisted Living Reviews for Smith Crossing

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Smith Crossing

June 22, 2012

By CJWatt

I thought the staff were overall very peppy and cheerful and answered all my questions thoroughly. I observed the way the residents reacted to them, with genuine warmth and compassion. One nurse was playing chess with a resident, and they seemed like old friends...conversing about numerous things as if they'd known each other for years. In fact all the residents I observed looked very alert, not all were happy but most seemed to be actively doing something and no one looked sad or depressed. Some were playing board games, some were outside playing catch, and many were engaged in lively conversations.Living quarters are excellent and spacious with each resident getting their own apartment. The apartments seemed well maintained though I only observed ones that were currently not in use. The ones I saw all contained recliners, coaches, and television sets as well as a queen size bed in the bedroom along with a desk and lamp.Amenities in the main center were nice, such as an enormous library stock full of classic literature as well as some of the latest in contemporary fiction and nonfiction. There was also a pool table, ping pong table, and board games.Overall I was very impressed, particularly with how happy many of the residents seemed to be which I feel is the best way to gauge how well a assisted living facility works.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (6) See fewer reviews

About Smith Crossing

Refund Plan: 90% of Entrance Fee. Assisted Living and Nursing Care on discounted Fee-For-Service basis.

Map of Smith Crossing