Bickford of Tinley Park

Reviews of Bickford of Tinley Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Bickford of Tinley Park

November 02, 2016

By Claudette267636

Bickford of Tinley Park evaluated my mom twice and felt that she was a good fit, but I was disappointed because it wasn't cheap to stay there, and they have a point system, like if you get from 0 to 10 points, they charge you an extra $30 a day. We were doing that because they were supposed to be cleaning her room, but it was only cleaned once, and that was when we made a big stink about it. The toilet was soiled, and it would be like that week after week, and I'd be emptying the garbage cans myself. Wednesday was supposed to be their cleaning day when they're supposed to clean her room, change her linens, and wash her towels, and that didn't happen. After we gave a 30 day notice that we were moving, I thought things got a little bit worse in terms of attempting or even trying. I talked to one of the managers -- Courtney -- because I wasn't happy that my mom's room is not being cleaned. She claimed that my mom refused to let them in to clean her room, but my mom has stayed at a different place and is accustomed to having her room cleaned once a week and that had never been a problem. So I told her "Well, you have a memory care, and if patients who have dementia refuse, you let the place get filthy? How do you handle that? Do you just let the filth accumulate and the garbage cans are running over?" I was really just so disappointed, and I told her that I was. We showed the guy manager the bathroom and the paper that we deliberately put on the floor which was there for a week. Nobody vacuums, and you could write your name in the dust. They could have been a little bit more helpful than they were. I came one morning, and my mom was sitting in a chair with her robe on and I asked her what happened, and she said she fell. I don?t know what time the nurses come in to do anything, but apparently they didn't know or see anything. I was there for an hour trying to get my mom to drink something because I thought she was lightheaded, and I ended up taking her to the hospital because she was dehydrated and they ended up keeping her. However, it's a very beautiful place.

August 15, 2016

By Marie331618

Bickford of Tinley Park was very nice. The staff was very good, very helpful, and very thorough in explaining everything. The dining area was very nice and roomy. The food was very tasty, and the chef was very nice. Every room had its own bathroom. Their price seemed to be competitive, and the location was nice.

Costs for Bickford of Tinley Park

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: Pending

About Bickford of Tinley Park

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little – none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn’t find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult – but we’ve also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother’s happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we’re devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Services