Porter Place

Reviews of Porter Place

Memory Care Reviews for Porter Place

May 10, 2017

By Jean g.

My aunt, Helen, has received the best care that is possible. The entire staff is wonderful, very caring, compassionate, and have the patience of saints. Our family cannot be any more pleased with our choice of residence for our aunt. She loves it and all her aides and nurses.

May 03, 2017

By Sue M.238743

Porter Place gets 5 stars! Exceptional service. Staff is wonderful. My father is doing great here. Cannot praise the staff enough. They truly care about their residents!

April 28, 2017

By Cassie688131

From the moment I walked in, everyone you meet is kind, patient, and caring! You are surrounded by smiling faces. The facility is clean and calming. The staff is attentive and works at the resident's pace, not rushing or impatient! Wonderful place!

April 18, 2017

By April728646

I thank God every day that we found Porter Place! The care my father receives is exceptional! The staff I cannot say enough great things about. From the nurses, cooks, maintenance to the office staff feels like family.

March 11, 2017

By gabbyl

I like the facility and some of the RN's are great, 1 not so much. The facility in Tinley Park, Il lacks enough staff, and the director doesn't seem to understand the demented mind, everything seems to be 'by the book' without looking into why a resident does what they do. Also, management doesn't 'manage' the aides, they pretty much do as they please. If they had adequate staffing, and some management changes were made, the Tinley Porter Place facility could be a great place to send a loved one.

Dear Gabbyl: Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of Porter Place. Your feedback helps us improve the quality and service we provide to our residents and family members. I am sorry your experience was not a positive one. We are constantly striving to improve the knowledge and skills of our caregivers and management team. Our entire team recently completed an advanced 4 hour training in Alzheimer's and dementia care (in addition to our ongoing monthly training program). I would appreciate an opportunity to discuss the concerns expressed in your review. Please give me a call at your convenience.

November 02, 2016

By Claudette242076

Everybody at Porter Place seems to be nice and attentive. The facility is nice, and the room is large enough. Some of the rooms are furnished, but mom has her own furniture. What I don't like about it is that you don't have access and you have to wait to get in and out, so there's always somebody at the front desk so you can get buzzed in, and when it's time for you to leave, you have to find somebody especially if you wait after 8:00 because nobody's at the front desk after 8:00.
See all Memory Care reviews (14) See fewer reviews

Questions about Porter Place

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly staff dementia training is required and monitored by Porter Place. Each employee receives 40 hours of training prior to receiving their first assignments.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our staffing is based on the number of residents each day PLUS the level of care that is needed by each resident, thus it fluctuates daily. We provide more staffing than the State of Illinois requires to meet the needs of our residents.

What programs or activities does Porter Place offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our resident programming is very robust. Since Porter Place EXCLUSIVELY supports residents with memory loss, our programming is robust (7 days weekly) and a primary focus.

Initial assessments are completed prior to a resident moving to Porter Place, again several times over the next 30 day period, and also when a change in status is recognized.

What techniques does Porter Place use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Family style dining in a "kitchen" setting with caregivers available to encourage and assist residents.

How does Porter Place keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Porter Place provides personalized care and verbal communication to all families, plus a monthly newsletter, emails and support groups.

Describe the neighborhood around Porter Place. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Porter Place is located in a residential neighborhood and conveniently located just north of I80 & close to I57.

Costs for Porter Place

Photos of Porter Place

Services and Amenities of Porter Place

• State Licenses: Pending

• Get Costs

About Porter Place

Porter Place is a brand new 66-suite Anthem Memory Care community, and is open with immediate availability. We are located in the charming suburb of Tinley Park, Illinois.

Surrounded by picturesque parks and a large forest preserve, Porter Place is located close to a beautiful residential neighborhood, enhancing the homelike environment that is such an important part of the Anthem Memory Care philosophy. The property has been designed from the ground up specifically to optimize the experience of those individuals with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Executive director, Carolyn Croswell, was hand selected for her breadth of experience in memory care and her passion to serve. Carolyn has put together a talented team of energetic, skilled and dedicated individuals who are ready and eager to provide the highest level of care for your loved one.

Amenities

As an Anthem Memory Care community, we provide a comprehensive set of amenities in areas of wellness, health and safety. They are designed to work together holistically to provide for your loved one’s every need.

Wellness

• Highly-Trained Staff
    • Secure Community Environment
    • State-of-the-Art Monitoring System

Our Mission

We are committed to creating a safe, active, and friendly environment, to fulfilling our residents’ desire for understanding and significance, to pursuing personal and professional growth, and to providing peace of mind in everything we do. Our mission is all about optimizing the potential for cognitively impaired individuals to find comfort, joy and a connection with the world around them. We do this by:

• Protecting them without inhibiting them, while preserving their inner spark
    • Engaging with them in positive ways that help re-connect them to others and themselves
    • Providing a loving, compassionate environment that supports the growth and wellbeing of every individual who works, visits and lives within our communities

Thank you for your interest at Porter Place. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Porter Place