57 Assisted Living Facilities near Marietta, GA
There are 57 Assisted Living Facilities in the Marietta area, with 33 in Marietta and 24 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Marietta is $2,975 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Austell with an average starting cost of $2,145.
To help you with your search, browse the 394 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Marietta. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Marietta 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Smyrna with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 12 families in Marietta find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Marietta, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Marietta, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Marietta
Marietta, Ga., located in Cobb County, is rich with history as the earliest settlers were recorded in the area in 1824. Seniors can explore this history and more in Marietta's six museums or take a walk in one of the many parks, including the A.L. Burruss Nature Park when not socializing at one of the areas 35 assisted living facilities (ALF). ALFs in Marietta fall under the authority of the Georgia Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Marietta
Marietta has an array of resources for seniors, including the Cobb Senior Wellness Center, which offers seniors access to care managers as well as a plethora of educational and exercise opportunities. There are also numerous other programs available from both the city and many nonprofit organizations in the area.
- With summer highs averaging in the 80s and winter lows right around the freezing, Marietta has a very temperate climate, making it ideal for seniors, who are more prone to heatstroke. It does, however, receive more than a foot of rain over the national average each year. This is mainly due to the severe thunderstorms that frequent the area.
- With rankings of 62.5 and 55.8 for violent and property crime respectively, Marietta exceeds the national average for crimes of all types. This makes the city one of the least safe in the region for its size.
- Marietta is serviced by the Cobb Community Transit bus line. Taxis are available but do not generally cruise. You will need to call and reserve one ahead of time if this is your preferred method of travel.
- As part of the Metro Atlanta Area, Marietta is ranked in the top 24 worst cities for air pollution by the American Lung Association in terms of both ozone levels and year-round particle pollution. For seniors with respiratory problems, this could be a major consideration.
- With a cost of living index rating of 110.6, Marietta is a slightly more expensive place to live than the U.S. average. The majority of this overage is due to high housing costs in the area, yet shouldn't affect ALF residents since the cost of monthly AL care in the city is $2,865, much lower than the national average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Marietta
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Marietta start around $2,975 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Marietta and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Marietta
Eligible seniors can apply for financial aid to help pay for assisted living facilities through two state-operated Medicaid waiver programs: Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment and the Community Care Service Program. Both of these programs are subject to availability.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Marietta
Marietta and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Marietta, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Marietta
Marietta-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Marietta, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Marietta
Review of Alto Senior Living of Marietta
We are new to this facility, but the move-in process could not have been better, even during the Covid-19 complications. Two of the nursing staff members assisted us in unloading our mother's belon... Read more
Review of Amelia Gardens Pch
I am a resident here in Amelia Gardens pch, I am happy to live here. The staffs here are so caring and lovely. Very clean environment and warming. I will recommend this place for anyone who is look... Read more
Review of Amelia Gardens Pch
I am happy to be in Amelia Gardens PCH due to the love, care, good food, and caring staffs. It is a good place you will like to place your love ones. Read more