The 10 Best In-Home Care Services for Seniors in Marietta, GA for 2023
Located northwest of downtown Atlanta, Marietta is ranked fourth in the state for catering to its older adults, according to Caring.com’s 2022 Senior Living Report. The city offers 217 sunny days per year, and the cost of groceries, health care and utilities are close to the national average. Seniors who need treatment for the long-term have access to the Wellstar Kennestone Hospital. Home care in Marietta costs around $4,290 per month for seniors who want to age in place. Home care offers non-clinical assistance, while home health is slightly more per month but also provides the attention of nurses and other medical staff.
Below we’ve compiled a comprehensive directory of every home care provider in the Marietta area – complete with services offered and reviews from families who’ve actually used the service. In addition to our in-depth provider listings, we’ve compiled resources to help seniors and their families to access all the tools they need to age in place safely and gracefully.
Directory of Home Care Services in Marietta, GA
Right at Home Greater Atlanta
448 Ralph D. Abernathy Boulevard, Suite 2 , Atlanta, GA, 30312
"I have been a client for 19yrs and RAH has been great to me. I have a wonderful caregiver, LaSean who has been with me the entire time, my nurse Linda is good to me and the staff always check on me. I'm provided with excellent service and all my ..."READ MORE
Home Helpers of Alpharetta
5755 North Point Pkwy, Suite 281 , Suite 281, Alpharetta, GA, 30022
"Home Helpers has exceeded all of my expectations in providing consistent, competent, and compassionate care for my elderly mother. They have provided client-centered services, with attention to a personalized and caring approach. My mother is thr..."READ MORE
Regency Home Care of North Atlanta
1633 Mount Vernon Road, Suite 200, Atlanta, GA, 30338
"We had a wonderful experience with Regency Home Care. They addressed all of our needs and beyond. Kind and Caring are the two words that express how I feel about their services. My Mother has passed on now but she was appreciative of the care t..."READ MORE
Home Instead - Kennesaw, GA
1301 Shiloh Rd, Suite 1730, Kennesaw, GA, 30144
"We have only worked with Home instead care providers for our mother. We continue to value the professionalism, kindness, overall responsiveness, and patience that staff and direct care providers offer to us and our mother. I highly recommend this ..."READ MORE
Blossom Home Care LLC - Marietta, GA
1613 Bunting Forest Ct , Marietta, GA, 30064
"I've been a client of Blossom Home Care for about two months now. I found their service to be excellent. The thing I like about it is that if no one can come, they will have someone here no matter what. The caregivers are excellent. I have a broke..."READ MORE
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Caring's Family Advisors are here to help you with questions about senior living and care options.
Sarah Grace Home Care
2835 Chapman Ct , Marietta, GA, 30066
"We're using Sarah Grace Home Care at this point in time. We were given a choice of two and we liked both of them; however, Sarah Grace Home Care was willing to let us know that the person who would be assigned to my parents was vaccinated for coro..."READ MORE
SYNERGY HomeCare of Hiram
5604 Wendy Bagwell Parkway Suite 321, Hiram, GA, 30141
"The caregiver has helped the most by making sure the client takes his medicine and feeding him lunch. She also helps around the house here if I need it. I like the person that I have coming here. She is fantastic. You couldn't ask for any better..."READ MORE
Kosta Private Home Care
235 Peachtree St NE, Ste 400, Atlanta, GA, 30303
"My daughter did a lot of interviewing and she settled with Kosta . We have 24 hour care, 5 days a week for my husband. The working attitude of our caregiver is very good. They help with dressing, walking, do exercises with him, take him to physica..."READ MORE
Paying for Home Care in Marietta, GA
The Cost of Home Care in Marietta, GA
According to Genworth’s 2021 Cost of Care Survey, home care in Marietta costs $4,290 per month, which matches the state average. Home care across the United States has an average cost of $4,957 per month. In Rome, the price is $4,576, and in Macon, seniors pay approximately $3,813. Gainesville has one of the area’s highest costs at $5,148 per month.
The United States
The Cost of Home Care vs. Other Senior Care Options in Marietta, GA
Home care has a mid-range cost compared with other types of senior care. Home health care, which has a monthly average of $4,576, is generally higher than home care due to the added medical care. Adult day health care is the least expensive option at $1,327, and assisted living communities cost around $3,845 per month. The most expensive and comprehensive option is a semiprivate room in a nursing home, which costs about $7,528 per month.
Home Health Care
Adult Day Health Care
Assisted Living Facility
Nursing Home Facility (semiprivate room)
Note: Data for Marietta was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Atlanta, was used instead.
Financial Assistance for Home Care in Marietta, GA
Given the high cost of in-home care, many people use one or more forms of financial assistance to cover the expenses. Below, we explain some of the most common sources of financial help for paying for in-home care. If none of these options are available to you, you can reach out to your Area Agency on Aging or Aging and Disability Resource Center to learn about local resources.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: Long-Term Care Insurance covers expenses related to senior care, including in-home care. Depending on the policy type, beneficiaries may receive a cash payment to use towards long-term care or reimbursement for qualifying long-term care expenses. Note that there are limitations- typically a maximum benefit of $150 per day- and exact coverage terms vary depending on the exact policy, so always check the details.
- Medicare: Medicare does not cover in-home care because it is classified as custodial, or non-medical, care. However, some Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans, which offer expanded benefits, may cover in-home custodial care.
- Medicaid: Medicaid coverage of in-home care varies between different states because it is not a federally mandated benefit. Currently, all states cover some in-home care either through their standard Medicaid or a waiver program. The specific coverage rules are set individually by each state.
- Veterans’ Benefits: The Aid and Attendance benefit is a monthly cash payment that beneficiaries can use to pay for senior care, including in-home care services. To qualify for A&A, Veterans must already receive the VA pension and meet several additional requirements, including needing assistance with the activities of daily living.Contact the Department of Veterans Affairs to learn more.
- Reverse Mortgages: Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECMs) are federally insured loans that are available to homeowners age 62 and over. Reverse mortgages allow you to access a portion of your home’s equity in cash, tax free. Many seniors use reverse mortgages to finance their care expenses, including in-home care. Note that although there are no monthly payments due on reverse mortgage loans, borrowers do have to repay the loan once the last surviving homeowner passes away, moves, or sells the home.
Determining Your Loved One’s Need for In-Home Care
Aging can be a difficult process, and loved ones may not always ask for help – often times it’s up to their family to evaluate their need for help around the house. While no two situations are exactly alike, this checklist can help you and your loved ones determine when it’s time to start the search for a home care provider.
Guidelines for Talking About In-Home Care
If you’ve determined that your loved one needs the assistance of a care provider in their home, it may be time for a difficult conversation. Handled correctly, however, this process can bring a family together and ensure that everyone’s concerns are addressed. Use this PDF as a starting point to help the conversation stay as positive and productive as possible.