42 Assisted Living Facilities near Kennesaw, GA
There are 42 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kennesaw area, with 11 in Kennesaw and 31 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Kennesaw is $3,656 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,425. Cheaper nearby regions include Acworth with an average starting cost of $3,350.
To help you with your search, browse the 255 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kennesaw. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kennesaw 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Woodstock with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kennesaw, call (855) 863-8283.
11 Assisted Living Facilities in Kennesaw, GA
31 Assisted Living Facilities near Kennesaw, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kennesaw
Kennesaw is a city in the northwestern suburbs of Atlanta that's loved by seniors due to its natural beauty and appreciation of American history. While only 8.1% of the 34,000 residents in this city are aged 65 and over, there are 11 assisted living facilities located within the city limits as well as an additional 31 facilities located in the surrounding areas.
In Kennesaw and the rest of the state of Georgia, these facilities are officially recognized as Assisted Living Communities and Personal Care Homes. Locations are licensed and regulated by the state's Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kennesaw
- As part of Cobb County, Kennesaw gets a grade of C for ozone pollution from the American Lung Association. Seniors in the community should check the daily ozone levels before going outside, as exposure can cause various health problems. The area gets a passing grade for annual particle pollution.
- Seniors in Kennesaw who are sensitive to heat should be aware that average high temperatures in July average 88 degrees. The city is also quite wet with an average of 53 inches of precipitation per year which is 15 inches higher than the national average.
- Seniors looking for assisted living in Kennesaw may find that prices in the city are higher than in other locations in Georgia. The city's overall cost of living is 13.6% higher than the Georgia average of 100.3. It's also a bit more expensive than the average for the Atlanta metro area.
- Kennesaw has many arts and culture opportunities for seniors who appreciate the city's role in American history. The Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park memorializes an 1864 Civil War battle with a visitor's center that includes films and artifacts. The Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History has a wide range of permanent and traveling exhibits.
- Due to Georgia's friendly tax policies for seniors, people aged 65 and over may find it easier to afford assisted living in Kennesaw. All income from social security is exempt from state income tax. For those with other retirement income, there is a deduction of $65,000 on pensions, IRAs, 401(k)s and other accounts and benefits.
- Kennesaw has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Atlanta.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kennesaw
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Kennesaw start around $3,656 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kennesaw and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kennesaw
Seniors in Kennesaw may be able to benefit from the Home and Community Based Services program and the Elderly and Disabled Waiver through Medicaid. While these programs don't provide direct cash assistance for assisted living, they can help reduce overall costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kennesaw
Kennesaw and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kennesaw, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kennesaw
Kennesaw-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Kennesaw, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kennesaw
Review of Shady Grove Manor
I had my mother at Shady Grove for a number of years and I am still grateful for the care she received until she moved to a nursing home. My mom is very private and she maintained that without feel... Read more
Review of Green Park PCH
The staff here is excellent. My mother was there a few days in May 2019. Sadly, she passed away. She was in Hospice. I was very impressed by the staff attention to all of my mothers care. Great... Read more
Review of Kennesaw Place
Kennesaw Place was very good, and we're very satisfied. The food is much better than I'd expected. They have a tremendous chef with a great background. The room service is adequate. Even though the... Read more