18 Assisted Living Facilities near Austell, GA
Also serving communities of Lithia Springs.
There are 18 Assisted Living Facilities in the Austell area, with 3 in Austell and 15 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Austell is $1,947 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Cedartown with an average starting cost of $1,607.
To help you with your search, browse the 174 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Austell. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Austell 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Powder Springs with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Austell, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Austell, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Austell
Austell is a small city known as one of the top 10 suburbs near Atlanta to retire and one of the top 10 best places to retire in the state. With 44 assisted living facilities in the area, Austell offers plenty of options for seniors who need help with daily living. These facilities are known in Georgia as assisted living communities and personal care homes. Assisted living communities to provide care to 25 or more people while personal care homes provide personal service to two or more people.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Austell
- The Austell area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the WellStar Cobb Hospital and the Northside Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors in assisted living in Austell may find the city to be affordable due to the cost of living of 102. This is based on the national and state cost of living index of 100.
- Seniors and other individuals have a one in 31 chance of becoming a victim of any type of crime in Austell. The overall rate of crime is 21 percent higher than the national average, but most assisted living facilities have special security measures in place to keep their residents safe.
- Seniors who can't tolerate the cold may find Austell to be a comfortable place to live. Average July highs are around 88 degrees, while average winter lows are around 31. The city rarely gets any snow but gets around 53 inches of rain per year, which is higher than the national average of 39 inches.
- The Cobb Community Transit system offers the FLEX bus for seniors in Austell who need transportation to and from medical appointments, for errands and for outings. The bus offers curbside service that is available to all passengers with discount fairs for seniors.
- The state of Georgia does not tax Social Security retirement benefits, which may leave seniors in Austell with more money left over at the end of the year. The state also provides a deduction of $65,000 per person for all types of retirement income and does not have a state inheritance or estate tax.
Paying for Assisted Living in Austell
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Austell start around $1,947 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Austell and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Austell
Austell and the state of Georgia have two Medicaid waiver programs that assist seniors that pay for services in personal care homes with at least 24 beds. This includes the Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) and the Community Care Services Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Austell
Austell and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Austell, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Austell
Austell-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Austell, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Austell
Review of Milly's Home Care
I visited Milly's Home Care for my mom. It was OK. I don't think I'm going to be doing that one at all. The staff is just one person; she says her daughter sometimes come by to help, but the person... Read more
Review of Presbyterian Village
Dysfunctional executive leadership who distorts the truth and has not responded to basic needs during the pandemic: weight loss, grooming neglect, neglect of basic cleaning, social isolation. Avo... Read more
Review of Presbyterian Village
Grandfather was resident during 5 months of COVID quarantine. Moved him to new facility after uncovering serious neglect. Unhygienic facilities, bedding/clothes/furniture in his room found with fec... Read more