3 Assisted Living Facilities near Villa Rica, GA
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Villa Rica area, with 2 in Villa Rica and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Villa Rica is $3,147 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Dallas with an average starting cost of $3,047.
To help you with your search, browse the 11 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Villa Rica. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Villa Rica 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Villa Rica, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Villa Rica, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Villa Rica
Villa Rica is a small city approximately 30 minutes west of downtown Atlanta, Georgia. The city has a population of 15,345, with 9.3 percent over the age of 65. Seniors who require assistance with daily living needs, including medication administration, bathing, feeding and grooming have a choice of one assisted living facility within the town limits and three close by in Carrolton and Dallas.
There are two types of assisted living facilities in Villa Rica and in Georgia, including personal care homes with two or more adults and assisted living communities with 25 or more. Both are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Villa Rica
- The Villa Rica area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Tanner Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Villa Rica has an array of community resources for seniors, including the AARP, an organization that schedules financial workshops and provides job and health resources as well as one senior center.
- For transportation to and from medical appointments, shopping, errands and general outings in Villa Rica, the Carroll County Transit System is available for seniors at discount fares.
- Seniors can hold on to more of their income when they choose Villa Rica as the place to call home. Based on the national average of 100, the cost of living in Villa Rica is 91, which is also lower than the state's average of 93.
- Crime may be a concern for seniors who enjoy getting out to explore the city of Villa Rica. Based on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high), property crime in Villa Rica is ranked 51.5. The national average is 38.1. Violent crime is ranked 40.7 in comparison to the national average of 31.1.
- Seniors who want to escape the colder temperatures of the northern states may enjoy the extended summers in Villa Rica. July highs are around 88 degrees while winter lows are around 31. The area only gets around an inch of snow per year.
Paying for Assisted Living in Villa Rica
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Villa Rica start around $3,295 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Villa Rica and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Villa Rica
The Georgia State's Medicaid Program offers two separate waivers for seniors who require assistance paying for an assisted living community. These waivers include the Community Care Services Program (CCSP) and the Georgia SOURCE Waiver. The CCSP is available to Medicaid-eligible adults 60 or older who require some level of nursing care. The SOURCE waiver is for individuals 65 or older or disabled individuals who need nursing home-level care. Room and board is not covered through either Georgia waiver program, but family members can chip in to help.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Villa Rica
Villa Rica and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Villa Rica, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Villa Rica
Villa Rica-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Villa Rica, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Villa Rica
Review of Ashbrook Village
We went to Ashbrook. It was very nice and where my sister has decided to move into. They said they will build a nursing home on the property. They had a daily schedule of activities. The dining are... Read more
Review of Ashbrook Village
The rooms at Ashbrook Village are actually very nice and large enough. The staffs are mostly nice, but I'm not sure if the CNAs and Nurse Techs that are back there are really on the ball. My husban... Read more
Review of Ashbrook Village
We had visited Ashbook Village. The staff seemed nice, and they answered all my questions. They had nice big rooms with double beds, tables, chairs, closets, and a bathroom. They had a van service ... Read more