23 Assisted Living Facilities near Union City, GA
Also serving communities of Palmetto.
There are 23 Assisted Living Facilities in the Union City area, with 4 in Union City and 19 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Union City is $2,595 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Riverdale with an average starting cost of $2,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 104 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Union City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Union City 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Villa Rica with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Union City find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Union City, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Union City, GA
19 Assisted Living Facilities near Union City, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Union City
Union City is a small town, population 20,560, located near Atlanta. Seniors will find 4 assisted living communities (ALFs) in Union City and 17 nearby. The Georgia Department of Community Health regulates ALFs in Union City as well as in the reset of Georgia. Each facility must be licensed to provide care for adults needing varying degrees of assistance, but who do not need continuous medical care. Some services seniors in ALFs can count on are help with personal care, activities of daily living, medication management, and social activities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Union City
- The cost of living in Union City, Georgia is considerably lower than the U.S. average. The city scored an 83.6, as compared to the nation's 100. Seniors in Union City also enjoy a lower cost of living than that of the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell Metro Area. Though it is only about 25 minutes from Union City, the metro area's cost of living is more than 14 higher.
- Union City is an excellent location for seniors who enjoy outdoor activities and wish to avoid the harsh cold of winters farther north. However, some seniors may find the heat to be too much in the summer months, with the July high temperature approaching 90 degrees.
Sales tax in Union City is 1.0 percent higher than the U.S. average. Income tax in Union City is 7.0 percent rate compared to a 4.6 percent national average. Georgia doesn't tax Social Security retirement benefits and provides a deduction of $65,000 per person on all types of retirement income for those over 64, and the state has moderate state sales tax rate and property tax rate. Also, Georgia has no state inheritance or estate tax.
- Union City's crime rates are much higher than the national average. Seniors should be aware that the city has a violent crime rate 59.7, well above the national average. Union City has a property crime rate of 87.7, which is almost twice the U.S. average.
- The Union City area has an array of community resources for seniors, including South Fulton Senior Services, an organization that provides an assortment of programs and activities that keep seniors active, as well as four senior centers.
- Union City has few facilities from which to choose in the event of emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in East Point.
Paying for Assisted Living in Union City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Union City start around $2,595 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Union City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Union City
The state of Georgia offers two programs that can help residents with the cost of assisted living. SOURCE and CCSP are both Medicaid-based financial assistance programs. The Georgia Medicaid Waiver program is also available for those who qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Union City
Union City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Union City, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Union City
Union City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Union City, GA
Other Options in Union City, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Union City
Review of Christian City Assisted Living
Christian City Assisted Living was a bigger operation, and with size comes advantages. The staff was excellent. The rooms were nice, they had furniture, the TV I needed, wifi, and good closet space... Read more
Review of Country Gardens Senior Living
Very Professional Staff & Caring Individuals Who Take Great Care Of My Mom. Read more
Review of Christian City Assisted Living
Christian City was a nice facility. You can go from living in your own home to assisted living to nursing home. You can rent out a duplex house and stay. The staff was very informative, polite, and... Read more