6 Assisted Living Facilities near Peachtree City, GA
Also serving communities of Sharpsburg.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Peachtree City area, with 4 in Peachtree City and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Peachtree City is $3,868 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Fayetteville with an average starting cost of $3,471.
To help you with your search, browse the 53 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Peachtree City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Peachtree City 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fayetteville with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Peachtree City, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Peachtree City, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Peachtree City
Peachtree City is in Fayette County, just 30 miles south of Atlanta. The city has been named the best in Georgia and the 28th best in the nation to retire to for its affordable healthcare, comfortable year-round climate and low crime rate. Of the 36,000 people who live here, it is estimated that seniors make up over 16% of the population.
Peachtree City seniors who need an extra hand with the activities of daily living have four local assisted living facilities to choose from and two more in the nearby cities of Fayetteville and Newnan. These facilities are licensed by the Department of Community Health and may be categorized as personal care homes or assisted living communities, depending on the number of beds they have.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Peachtree City
- Peachtree City is a relatively expensive city to live in with an overall cost of living that is nearly 30% higher than the statewide average. However, healthcare costs about 4% less here than in the state as a whole, which may offset higher living expenses for some seniors.
- Peachtree City's overall crime rate is notably lower than regional, state and national averages, which may provide peace of mind for seniors moving to the area for assisted living. The city's property crime rate is 12 points below the national average, and the violent crime rate is about 13 points lower.
- While summers in Peachtree City are hot with highs near 90 degrees, the city ranks as one of the cooler cities in the state. Winters are cool with lows around 30 degrees. To stay comfortable during the hot and cold months, seniors may want to seek out an assisted living facility with individual climate control.
- Peachtree City seniors' Social Security benefits are not taxed by the state, and while other forms of retirement income are taxed, there is a large deduction to minimize the expense.
- The Peachtree City region has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Atlanta.
- Peachtree City has a variety of cultural amenities, including the Frederick Brown, Jr. Amphitheater. Seniors may want to find out if their assisted living facility takes field trips to venues in Peachtree City or nearby Atlanta.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Peachtree City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Peachtree City start around $3,868 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Peachtree City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Peachtree City
Peachtree seniors may receive assistance with paying for assisted living through the Community Care Services Program or the Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Peachtree City
Peachtree City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Peachtree City, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Peachtree City
Peachtree City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Peachtree City, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Peachtree City
Review of Heritage of Peachtree
Heritage of Peachtree was very nice. The people were excellent, but I wasn't ready to downsize to such a small apartment. It's not an independent living; it's an assisted living, and I'm not quite ... Read more
Review of Somerby of Peachtree City
Somerby of Peachtree City was a very clean and very nice place. The staff seemed to be there for a long time. The negative thing was it's expensive and the rooms were kind of small, but that's not ... Read more
Review of Heritage of Peachtree
I went to the Heritage of Peachtree. I saw a room, and everything I saw was very nice. They had like a wet bar and a sink, but nothing else. The woman I toured with was fabulous. She was perfect. T... Read more