13 Assisted Living Facilities near Newnan, GA
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Newnan area, with 8 in Newnan and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Newnan is $3,805 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Peachtree City with an average starting cost of $3,761.
To help you with your search, browse the 65 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Newnan. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Newnan 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fayetteville with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Newnan find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Newnan, call (855) 863-8283.
8 Assisted Living Facilities in Newnan, GA
5 Assisted Living Facilities near Newnan, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Newnan
Newnan, Ga. is located in the Metro-Atlanta area in Coweta County. Seniors make up over 10 percent of the population and are served by seven assisted living facilities in the Newnan area, with another five in nearby cities, such as Peachtree City. Assisted living in Newnan, Georgia, is regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health, under its Healthcare Facility Regulation division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Newnan
- Newnan is located in Coweta County, which receives an overall grade of C on ozone from the American Lung Association. Seniors with respiratory illnessess may not fair well in this county.
- The overall cost of living in Newnan is 7 percent below the national average, making it an affordable area for assisted living. Housing is 23 percent below the national average, while utilities are 18 percent below this average.
However, health care is 5 percent above the national average, and groceries are 2 percent above the national average.
- Newnan is safer to live in than 16 percent of all cities in the United States, largely because it's in the Atlanta metropolitan area. The annual rate of violent crime is 5.75 per thousand people in Newnan, as compared to an average annual rate of 3.98 per thousand for all of Georgia.
- Coweta County’s Dial-A-Ride program provides transportation services for business and activity centers. The fare is $3 each way, and the destination must be within Coweta County. You need to call by noon to get transportation for the next day, and availability is limited.
- Newnan is home to The Coweta County Museum, one of the few museums in Georgia dedicated to African American history. It opened in July 2003 and is located on Farmer Street over an unmarked slave cemetery. This museum has hundreds of genealogical records based on resident interviews and census records.
- The Newnan area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Piedmont Newnan Hospital, Piedmont Hospital and HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital. The Piedmont Newnan Hospital received a Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade of A in 2018 and the Women’s Choice Award for Patient Safety in 2016.
Paying for Assisted Living in Newnan
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Newnan start around $3,805 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Newnan and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Newnan
Medicaid programs that are available for eligible seniors are Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) and the Community Care Services Program (CCSP). The former is available to those who need an intermediate level of care and would otherwise be in a nursing home without it, and the latter is available to low-income seniors who need slightly less care but are still eligible for Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Newnan
Newnan and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Newnan, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Newnan
Newnan-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Newnan, GA
Other Options in Newnan, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Newnan
Review of Benton House of Newnan
Benton House of Newnan was very nicely laid out and very clean. The staff was very good, and the person during the tour was very nice, and very informative. They have a beauty parlor and an activit... Read more
Review of Monarch House
I was very impressed with how Monarch House was laid out and with the staff, and I saw activities going on with the activity director. It's a very nice facility, there's not a lot of hallways, and ... Read more
Review of Monarch House
I liked everything about Monarch House. They had a movie theater, a bar, a soda shop, and a hairdresser shop. The people that showed me around were excellent, the rooms were very spacious with its ... Read more