24 Assisted Living Facilities near Douglasville, GA
There are 24 Assisted Living Facilities in the Douglasville area, with 6 in Douglasville and 18 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Douglasville is $3,295 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Austell with an average starting cost of $2,047.
To help you with your search, browse the 226 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Douglasville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Douglasville 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Austell with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Douglasville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Douglasville, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Douglasville
The city of Douglasville, originally called Skint Chestnut after a local Native American landmark, is the county seat of Douglas County, Georgia, and home to more than 2,900 residents aged 65 and over. Many of the seniors in the community live in the five assisted living facilities within the city limits, and there are 21 facilities nearby to accommodate others.
These facilities in Douglasville and other parts of Georgia, which are licensed by The Department of Community Health, are officially known as Assisted Living Communities and Personal Care Homes.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Douglasville
- Douglasville has a high rate of crime compared to other locations in Georgia and the rest of the country. The city averages 6,965 reported crimes per 100,0000 residents which is more than double the national and state averages. Seniors concerned about safety may want to consider this when searching for assisted living in the area.
- Seniors exposed to high levels of ozone can develop harmful respiratory and cardiovascular issues. Douglasville has a weighted average of 3.5 high ozone days per year which is a failing grade according to the American Lung Association.
- Douglasville has an overall cost of living just 3.3 percent above the national average of 100. The city is about five to 10 percent less expensive than the Atlanta metro area, so it may be an attractive location for seniors on a budget who want to stay in the region.
- Seniors in Douglasville benefit from Georgia's very friendly tax benefits for seniors. Not only is Social Security income not taxed, but all people age 65 and over get a deduction of $65,000 for all types of retirement income. This can make assisted living care much more affordable.
- Summers in Douglasville can be very hot and humid which may be a significant health risk for many seniors in the community. High temperatures in July average 87 degrees, but heat waves can bring temperatures to the high 90s.
- Douglasville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Congregate Meals, an organization that provides educational and recreational opportunities as well as four senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Douglasville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Douglasville start around $3,295 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Douglasville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Douglasville
While the state of Georgia does not currently provide direct cash assistance to seniors who need help affording assisted living services, there are several programs that can reduce overall costs. Home and Community Based Services, which is a non-Medicaid program, is administered in Douglasville by the Atlanta Regional Commission Aging Division. Medicaid offers assistance through the Elderly and Disabled Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Douglasville
Douglasville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Douglasville, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Douglasville Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Douglasville
Douglasville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Douglasville
Review of Grace Senior Living
My mother was taken to the hospital for a UTI. On the day she was discharged Grace informed us they would not take her back unless we arranged and paid for 24 hour care from an outside nurse. They ... Read more
Review of Grace Senior Living
My mother-in-law lived at Grace Senior Living for three years, but she got to be a handful, and so they would not keep her anymore. The staff was friendly, available, and communicated well. The foo... Read more
Review of Benton House of Douglasville
I have been to Benton House of Douglasville. It's a senior living facility, it was very nice, and it was very good. We visited our church family at dinner time, it looked wonderful, the table had t... Read more