45 Assisted Living Facilities near Jonesboro, GA
There are 45 Assisted Living Facilities in the Jonesboro area, with 8 in Jonesboro and 37 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Jonesboro is $2,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,735. Cheaper nearby regions include Riverdale with an average starting cost of $2,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 243 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Jonesboro. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Jonesboro 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Stockbridge with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Jonesboro find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Jonesboro, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Jonesboro, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Jonesboro
Jonesboro is a city located approximately 30 minutes south of downtown Atlanta. Close to 26,000 seniors live in the city, which has flea markets, antique stores and the Reynolds Nature Preserve for those who enjoy the outdoors. To accommodate those who require help with grooming, medication administration and other daily tasks, there are 50 assisted living facilities in the area.
In Jonesboro and the state of Georgia, these facilities are referred to as Assisted Living Communities (ALCs), which house 24 or more people. There are also personal care homes that provide beds for two or more people. Both types of ALCs are regulated by the Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Jonesboro
- Seniors who live in Jonesboro can take advantage of the lack of tax on Social Security benefits, which may result in more money left at the end of the year. The state also provides a $65,000 tax deduction on all types of retirement income.
- The Jonesboro area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the NEA Baptist Memorial and the St. Bernard’s Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living index in Jonesboro is 102.3, which is based on the national average of 100. This is also slightly higher than the state average of 100, which may make it challenging for seniors paying for assisted living to stay within a budget.
- Jonesboro offers short and cold winters with average January lows around freezing. Summers are extremely hot and humid with average July highs around 88. This may pose a problem for seniors who can't tolerate the heat.
- Assisted living facilities in Jonesboro take security measures to keep their residents safe due to the high rate of crime in the city, but seniors may want to know what those measures are in prospective communities for peace of mind. The overall rate of crime in the city is 43 percent higher than the national average.
- The Clayton County Transportation Department provides rides to seniors to and from medical appointments and for various errands in the city at discounted rates.
Paying for Assisted Living in Jonesboro
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Jonesboro start around $2,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Jonesboro and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Jonesboro
Low-income seniors and those who receive Social Security Benefits may be eligible for help paying for services in an assisted living community. Those living in Jonesboro may apply for one of two Medicaid waivers: Community Care Services Program (CCSP) and the Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Jonesboro
Jonesboro and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Jonesboro, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Jonesboro
Jonesboro-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Jonesboro, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Jonesboro
Review of Jonesboro Assisted Living
I am choosing Jonesboro Assisted Living for myself because I need help 24/7. The place is very clean. The staff is kind and friendly, for the most part. Trash and laundry are done for you, and they... Read more
Review of Summer's Landing Bayberry Trace
Do not put your loved ones in this facility! Do not fall for the fake love and kindness presented upon first visit. My loved one never received his meds correctly. One time my loved one fell and wa... Read more
Review of Cadence at Mt. Zion
I toured Cadence at Mt. Zion for my father. It was a very nice facility and very clean, too. The personnel was very, very nice and professional. I liked it. The rooms were nice. I was surprised th... Read more