65 Assisted Living Facilities near Hampton, GA
There are 65 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hampton area, with 3 in Hampton and 62 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Hampton is $2,563 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,425. Cheaper nearby regions include Griffin with an average starting cost of $1,800.
To help you with your search, browse the 258 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hampton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hampton 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Jonesboro with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hampton, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Hampton, GA
62 Assisted Living Facilities near Hampton, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hampton
Hampton is a small city in Georgia approximately 30 minutes south of Atlanta. Home to the Atlanta Motor Speedway and the 100-year-old-train depot, the city has many attractions for seniors. Hampton has a population of just over 7.700, with 9 percent over the age of 65. There are 61 assisted living facilities in the area, and three of those are within the city limits. Regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health, assisted living facilities in Hampton include personal care homes with two or more residents and assisted living communities with 25 or more.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hampton
- The Hampton area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Stockbridge.
- Hampton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Georgia Association of Area Agencies on Aging, an organization that aids with legal matters and helps match seniors with local resources, as well as one senior center.
- Henry County Transit provides curb-to-curb transportation at discount fares for adults 60 and older in Hampton to and from medical appointments, pharmacies, shopping centers and for social outings. Transportation services are available on a first-come basis, and all rides should be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
- Seniors have a one in 54 chance of becoming a victim of crime in Hampton. This is 34 percent lower than the national average, which makes the city relatively safe.
- The cost of living in Hampton is 102.5, which is slightly higher than the state and a national average of 100. This may pose a small challenge for seniors on a budget.
- Hampton experiences hot and humid summers and short, cold winters, which means it’s possible for seniors to enjoy the outdoors nearly year-round. Summer highs are around 89 degrees, while winter lows are around 32. The city only gets approximately two inches of snow per year.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hampton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Hampton start around $2,563 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hampton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hampton
The Georgia State Medicaid waiver programs provide help for eligible seniors to pay for an assisted living home. The Georgia SOURCE waiver is available for individuals over the age of 65 or individuals with disabilities under the age of 65. The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) is for seniors 60 and older who qualify for Medicaid and need help with daily living tasks. Neither of these waivers includes payment for a private room or apartments, but they do allow for family supplementation.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hampton
Hampton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hampton, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hampton
Hampton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Hampton, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hampton
Review of Mt. Carmel Personal Care Home
I did not particularly like Mt. Carmel Personal Care Home. It was not spacious, and I did not like the atmosphere. The place was clean, but it felt a little tight when you walk in, and there were p... Read more
Review of The Gardenias
Hello, my mother is happy here she has a large space and looks out at the courtyard. She enjoys the food and staff and everyone spoils her that she doesn’t want to leave to go out anymore. The staf... Read more
Review of Mt. Carmel Personal Care Home
Mt. Carmel Personal Care Home specializes in memory care and it's only one story. There's just no availability for a husband and wife. They put two people to a room, which is semi-private. They put... Read more